Poll

How many people do you know who have tested positive.

38 (48.7%)
9 (11.5%)
7 (9%)
3-5
6 (7.7%)
6 +
8 (10.3%)
I know of someone through a trusted source I personally know
8 (10.3%)
I have first hand knowledge of someone one through my job
2 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 78

Author Topic: Personal impact of the Wuhan Virus  (Read 55307 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Re: Personal impact of the Wuhan Virus
« Reply #650 on: February 03, 2021, 10:48:41 AM »
My condolences LJ, so sad to hear of your loss.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #651 on: February 05, 2021, 10:57:05 AM »
Update, as soon as she was admitted they put her on O2, not a ventilator, she started doing better within a couple hours.

As mentioned previously they also started her on Remdesivir right away.

She was moved to the ICU last night but is in good spirits this morning, still has difficulty in breathing.

She is doing well enough that they moved her out of the ICU yesterday.

My sister was already begging our parents not to get the vaccine and now she is apoplectic.

My mother was a no go without any input from anyone, my father and his wife have been on the fence as to getting it or not.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #652 on: February 13, 2021, 10:25:42 AM »
She is doing well enough that they moved her out of the ICU yesterday.

My sister was already begging our parents not to get the vaccine and now she is apoplectic.

My mother was a no go without any input from anyone, my father and his wife have been on the fence as to getting it or not.

They kept her in the hospital for a while until her O2 levels came back up to normal.

She came home a couple days ago.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #653 on: February 13, 2021, 10:43:57 PM »
They kept her in the hospital for a while until her O2 levels came back up to normal.

She came home a couple days ago.

Nice to hear something positive,  glad your sister has made the turn.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #654 on: February 14, 2021, 07:56:24 AM »
Nice to hear something positive,  glad your sister has made the turn.

It's my sisters mother in law, thanks though!

I'm not getting clear answers as to whether this was an adverse reaction to the vaccine or if she had contracted nearly simultaneous with getting the vaccine. Everyone is saying reaction to vaccine.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #655 on: February 18, 2021, 07:21:48 AM »
Just heard that a former high school classmate of mine passed due to COVID. It seems that his father may also have passed due to COVID last month.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #656 on: March 25, 2021, 06:16:09 PM »
Wife is having a terrible side effect from the Kung flu...all cooking smells like *expletive deleted*it to her. Like literal *expletive deleted*it. This started up about three weeks ago.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #657 on: March 25, 2021, 08:17:39 PM »
Wife is having a terrible side effect from the Kung flu...all cooking smells like *expletive deleted*it to her. Like literal *expletive deleted*it. This started up about three weeks ago.
Oddly, the smell of feces is one of the few smells I have not regained.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #658 on: March 25, 2021, 08:28:42 PM »
One of the managers for my company is in the hospital.  Got put on a ventilator over the weekend.  He is holding on so I hope he recovers.  A coworkers father spent 6 days in the ventilator before getting better.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge