Author Topic: Covid-19 meals  (Read 15957 times)

Jim147

• friends
Re: Covid-19 meals
« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2020, 09:45:49 PM »
I had deer loin and morel mushrooms for dinner last night and lunch today. It was awesome. Tonight was fresh fish with rice and some carrots the wife blanched and froze.

If this goes on very long I'll see if the federal ga,e warden wants to come buy for a meal. Then see how much he will inforce around here.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2020, 07:42:18 AM »
Was going to go out tomorrow looking for morels.

Woke up to an inch of snow and it's still coming down good.

Might be just a hike instead.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2020, 11:34:27 PM »
End of the world I tell you! we're living off of Krab salad. Truthfully we love crab with a K and this has been an excuse to buy too much. Cooking left and right here, too much food in the house. This morning was full on quarantine rules. Breakfast of coffee, physical exercise, hot dog and beer.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #53 on: April 16, 2020, 09:30:26 AM »
I had a left over pork loin roast and veggies, chopped them up and added onions and tomatoes, added scrambled eggs and cheese on top made a frittata out it.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #54 on: April 16, 2020, 01:02:25 PM »
There's a big ol' ham bone in a crock pot full of pinto beans sitting on the kitchen counter.  It's what's for dinner!

ETA: And of course there will be corn bread out of the little blue box to go with the beans.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 01:21:43 PM by RocketMan »
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2020, 01:06:00 PM »
We've made this Cuban Picadillo Recipe twice since the lock down.

We use it as taco meat and on top of white rice w/lime juice and cilantro mixed in.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/163866/cuban-picadillo/

Really tasty!

The cilantro lime white rice recipe is an all recipes dish also.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #56 on: April 18, 2020, 01:35:24 PM »
Italian brociole tonight with pasta fresh bread and a nice Chianti.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2020, 08:56:21 AM »
Italian brociole tonight with pasta fresh bread and a nice Chianti.

Considering we're on lockdown like prisoners, appropriate.  =D

https://youtu.be/rQV6CijIzrc
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2020, 04:34:58 PM »
Since I am not enthused about tending the smoker and standing around in the rain for over half the year in the Seattle area, I had to come up with an oven version of pulled pork. I get about a five pound pork butt (bone in or boneless, whichever is cheaper or in stock at the meat case), rub all sides with my BBQ rub of choice, put it on a cooling rack fat cap up on a baking sheet and roast it at 300 degrees for six to seven hours, or until the interior temp gets to 170 degrees. I shred it while still warm and mix with the BBQ sauce of my choice. Roasting it this way gives me some 'bark' on the outside, minimizes shrinkage, and melts the collagen.  I made a batch last week with a pork butt from the freezer.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2020, 04:47:23 PM »
Bolner's extra fancy rib rub is great for pork butt. Works good in oven or smoker.

We do a big one and cut in half. One half becomes BBQ sandwiches and other half carnitas.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG