Author Topic: Canada went 'n dun it (AWB enacted)  (Read 6168 times)

HankB

• friend
Re: Canada went 'n dun it (AWB enacted)
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2020, 10:06:29 PM »
Colion Noir posted a list of banned firearms. 
Scroll down the list and you'll find things like Javelin missiles, M-79 grenade launchers, and various mortars.

I didn't know they were readily available in Canuckistan.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2020, 02:05:38 AM »
I wonder if their laws require them to be named, which would be why the list is so comprehensive; and which all it would take would be for the manufacturer to change the name and it's now not illegal.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2020, 08:28:16 AM »
Scroll down the list and you'll find things like Javelin missiles, M-79 grenade launchers, and various mortars.

I didn't know they were readily available in Canuckistan.
IIRC 40mm launchers used to be unrestricted in Canada.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2020, 10:34:48 AM »
IMO, they shouldn't be restricted here.  Restrict the explosives if you need to, but they are no more dangerous with practice rounds than a flare gun.

That said, getting registered destructive device is appealing to me.   =D
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Pb

• friend
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2020, 10:55:32 AM »

That is correct.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2020, 10:56:02 AM »
I wonder if their laws require them to be named, which would be why the list is so comprehensive; and which all it would take would be for the manufacturer to change the name and it's now not illegal.

I'd like to know that too.   ???

HankB

• friend
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2020, 11:50:26 AM »
Bet Jayne is glad they didn't name Vera . . .

Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2020, 02:12:13 AM »
Apparently Star Wars blasters are also on the list:

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2020/05/05/watch-canadian-police-with-weapons-drawn-cuff-girl-dressed-as-stormtrooper-for-star-wars-day-promotion/

Like the guy on that twitchy link siad "I'm teetering hard" regarding support of Law Enforcement.  I know intillectually that a lot of them are good folks trying their best to do a hard job, but there's a TON of anecdotes like this that are starting to add up to actual data.

In a situation like this, I probably wouldn't do it, but I wouldn't be sad if someone doxxed the individual officers involved.  They shouldn't get to hide behind their shields.  THEY responded to the call, and THEY decided to respond to a storm trooper in that fashion.  THEY need to own it.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 09:09:46 AM by dogmush »

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2020, 08:15:06 AM »

In a situation like this, I probably wouldn't do it, but I wouldn't be said if someone doxxed the individual officers involved.  They shouldn't get to hide behind their shields.  THEY responded to the call, and THEY decided to respond to a storm trooper in that fashion.  THEY need to own it.

I'd be just as, or more inclined, to doxx the nanny that called that in to the cops.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2020, 09:10:18 AM »
The two are not mutually exclusive.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2020, 03:25:10 PM »
Well, their ban now includes assault coffee...

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2020/05/07/it-appears-justin-trudeau-may-have-accidentally-banned-the-black-rifle-coffee-company-from-canada/

Messing with people's coffee may be what is needed to push them over the edge and start a revolt
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2020, 04:23:43 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bbv5B71KmkA
As long as they don't run out of coffee. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2022, 08:22:05 AM »
Update from Canada

The federal government is proposing $1,337 in compensation for turning in an AR-15 rifle under a mandatory buyback program.

Public Safety Canada has released a price list detailing how much money owners of banned firearms can expect to get under the program.

At the higher end of the scale, forfeiting a Swiss Arms SG550 could net an owner $6,209.

Ottawa will seek input from gun owners, businesses and industry on the proposed compensation amounts from now until Aug. 28.

The mandatory buyback program would cover the more than 1,500 models and variants of what the government considers assault-style firearms, banned two years ago.

Canadian AR-15 buyback looking to pay $1,337 per gun
https://bearingarms.com/tomknighton/2022/07/28/canadian-ar-15-buyback-looking-to-pay-1337-per-gun-n60880
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2022, 12:11:27 PM »
Do they mention the M241 Pulse Rifle, like California did lo those many years ago?
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)