Author Topic: Jogger shot in Georgia  (Read 18167 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Jogger shot in Georgia
« Reply #200 on: January 09, 2022, 09:14:57 PM »
And why shouldn't he be aggressive?  He was outnumbered and ougunned. Flight had effectively been cut off, and they had proven willing to chase you down with a truck.  Fight is pretty much all that's left. That or surrender and hope they don't do anything to you.

Anyone here have "surrender and hope for the best" on their self defense tactics?
My comment was more about how the driver messed up.  I am not sure what Aurbury could have done better.  He went for the shotgun, failed to get control of it, and got shot.  I don't know what they would have done if Aurbury ran or if he just stood there.  When he went for the shotgun, that forced a response.  Was there a better choice, I don't know.   

Putting myself in his shoes:  I am usually armed when I am out for a walk.  If someone drove up and jumped out with a shotgun, I would be thinking theft and likely draw depending on what it looked like.  Yeah, I wouldn't be assuming he out bird hunting.  I guess someone could mistake you for someone else so it isn't an impossible scenario.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #201 on: January 09, 2022, 09:17:24 PM »
And why shouldn't he be aggressive?  He was outnumbered and ougunned. Flight had effectively been cut off, and they had proven willing to chase you down with a truck.  Fight is pretty much all that's left. That or surrender and hope they don't do anything to you.

Anyone here have "surrender and hope for the best" on their self defense tactics?

I'm one of the ppl who think he was up to no good, but I have no evidence of that.  He still hadn't done anything illegal (yet); and certainly not a felony.  The vigilantes were totally in the wrong, and good for him for fighting back; too bad he didn't kill any of them.
"It's good, though..."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #202 on: January 09, 2022, 09:31:29 PM »
I'm one of the ppl who think he was up to no good, but I have no evidence of that.  He still hadn't done anything illegal (yet); and certainly not a felony.  The vigilantes were totally in the wrong, and good for him for fighting back; too bad he didn't kill any of them.
I tend to think he was probably up to no good also, but those guys still shouldn't have done what they did and should have known better.  Their own video made sure their conviction took place. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #203 on: February 22, 2022, 11:15:41 AM »
Just announced that they have been convicted of "hate crimes" in federal court.  Can anyone explain what the purpose of this trial was, since they are already serving life sentences (and rightly so, IMHO) in a state prison?  Did the feds think there was a risk they would receive pardons??  That's an insult to the whole state of Georgia
"It's good, though..."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #204 on: February 22, 2022, 01:46:54 PM »
Just announced that they have been convicted of "hate crimes" in federal court.  Can anyone explain what the purpose of this trial was, since they are already serving life sentences (and rightly so, IMHO) in a state prison?  Did the feds think there was a risk they would receive pardons??  That's an insult to the whole state of Georgia
Just piling on for no purpose. 

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #205 on: February 22, 2022, 02:04:39 PM »
Just piling on for no purpose. 

Prosecutor padding his/her conviction record?

Brownie points with the SJW mob?
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #206 on: February 22, 2022, 02:22:49 PM »

I had heard that defense counsel was hoping that their clients would end up serving a sentence in Federal prison, which are considered better for a long sentence than the Georgia state prison system.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #207 on: February 22, 2022, 02:28:55 PM »
I had heard that defense counsel was hoping that their clients would end up serving a sentence in Federal prison, which are considered better for a long sentence than the Georgia state prison system.
Interesting.  Does the defense have pull with the Federal prosecutors to push them to go to trial?  Or just say that they're going to put up a wimpy defense to make it an easy run?

Ultimately, isn't this just another example of white privilege?

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #208 on: February 22, 2022, 03:49:23 PM »

^^^ This.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #209 on: February 22, 2022, 07:22:05 PM »
They hold unacceptable views.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #210 on: February 22, 2022, 08:24:02 PM »
Aubrey's mother apparently had an issue with a plea deal on the table back in Jan for letting the convicts go to club fed vs. the state penn. So the plea was squashed by the judge, and the trial went forward to the guilty verdict.

I'm in clear what they are looking at as far as possible sentencing,  but only the videographer is even eligible for parole from the state.  I guess the fed verdict would keep him in jail if he did get state parole.

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #211 on: February 23, 2022, 04:59:33 AM »
Prosecutor padding his/her conviction record?

Yes and yes.  But I have no evidence of that.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #212 on: February 23, 2022, 10:10:12 AM »
As medieval as hate crime laws may be, the real tragedy here is that America has no system established that could have matched up these racists with eager victims like Jussie Smollett. Sad

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #213 on: February 23, 2022, 12:21:33 PM »
As medieval as hate crime laws may be, the real tragedy here is that America has no system established that could have matched up these racists with eager victims like Jussie Smollett. Sad
So we need some sort of online matching service like tinder for racists (both ways).  What would be a good name? 

KKKinder?  Black Fake Hate Crimes Matter?  NeverFakeAHateCrimeAgain.com

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #214 on: February 23, 2022, 02:12:31 PM »
So we need some sort of online matching service like tinder for racists (both ways).  What would be a good name? 

SPLC
"It's good, though..."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #215 on: February 23, 2022, 03:10:58 PM »

gohateme

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #216 on: February 23, 2022, 03:13:01 PM »

https://democrats.org/
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?