Author Topic: can you wash ammo?  (Read 659 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
can you wash ammo?
« on: May 25, 2020, 03:43:32 AM »
 After a 13 yr stretch of depression, bad luck, I'm slowly getting my excrement together ... for the most part, i am on antibiotics and well...

Anyway, i let my ccw permit expire without doing the paperwork because i had no funds or gun.
Currently open carrying a 642 s&w now and then, work is gun friendly and the guys often have guns but its very discrete.
I do not have speedloaders and have been keeping spare rounds in my front pocket, only, twice, i have put my pants in the laundry
... i guess they are clean, however, it should be ok to use? its my self defense rounds not the win white box.

my other s&w 625 is in the pawn, paid off except ten dollars and the 25 buck background check, my plan is to acquire another gun from them and get both guns with one background check fee , their stock is slim right now though.

Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

dogmush

• friend
Re: can you wash ammo?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2020, 06:26:16 AM »
Should be fine.  Ammo is for the most part sealed.

I like to cycle my carry ammo every 6 months or a year, just to make sure everything (me and the gun) works as expected with war shots.  I would try and make sure those rounds make the cylinder next time you are practicing with real ammo.

FWIW, I've also washed ammo and shot it with no issues, as well as run 60 year old commie ammo that had been rattling around in cardboard boxes for who knows how long.  Military ammo is usually more waterproofed than commercial loads, but you should still be OK.