Author Topic: Howz About a .45-70 Snubby?  (Read 1935 times)

Jim147

• friends
Re: Howz About a .45-70 Snubby?
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2020, 09:33:20 PM »
I cast and roll my own so I could shoot it a little cheaper. I just don't have the cash to get one.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2020, 11:44:00 AM »
Bond Arms at one time made a 45-70 derringer. Remember seeing a youtube video where each shot was followed by a bunch of obscenities

As an unnamed amateur ballistician once remarked, "If the gun weighed the same as the bullet, it would be just as deadly to the shooter as the shootee."

I guess we're getting closer to that nowadays.

I'm not signing this one so I can remain unnamed.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2020, 11:49:01 AM »
I cast and roll my own so I could shoot it a little cheaper. I just don't have the cash to get one.

If anything gets me back into reloading it's 45-70.
In the meantime a gun shop here was closing a while back and I bought most of their left over 45-70 ammo stock real cheap. Got enough to last awhile plus I'll have a bunch of brass for if or when I get back into reloading. 
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2020, 12:12:10 PM »
If you do reload 45-70 be aware that Hornady Leverevolution brass is cut a touch shorter than normal. Due to the flex tip bullet they use they had to shorten the brass to keep the overall length the same as normal 45-70 ammo.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes