Author Topic: Cancel Culture is Getting Ridiculous  (Read 39741 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Cancel Culture is Getting Ridiculous
« Reply #175 on: July 26, 2020, 06:10:00 PM »
Numbers are representative of western imperialism.colonialism

Brings back not-so-happy memories.

Decades ago, when my marriage was quasi officially failed but the divorce hadn't been finalized yet, my soon-to-be ex and her toy boy went on a spiritual pilgrimage to India, to spend time with some self-styled guru who was apparently well-known at the time. When she came back, somebody was asking her about her impressions of India. One of the threads that seemed to be running through her comments as an undercurrent was that any information they received from the locals seemed to be (shall we say), ah, "less than reliable."

Someone said, "So they lie a lot." My soon-to-be ex's response was, "No, they don't lie. They just have a different understanding of what truth is than we do."

Oooooookay, then ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #176 on: July 26, 2020, 07:55:19 PM »
I think we should just go to numbers for everything so as not to offend anyone.

“Welcome to Publicly Owned Wildlife Area #27”

“Go Team #33!”

“Entering Urban Area #113 of State #9”

Of course we would have to skip 88 since it is code for Heil Hitler.

And 45 is right out!
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #177 on: July 26, 2020, 08:00:36 PM »

And 45 is right out!

88/2+1 = 45 OMG! PROOF MATH IS RACIST!
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #178 on: July 26, 2020, 10:05:53 PM »
88/2+1 = 45 OMG! PROOF MATH IS RACIST!

Have you heard about 14!!??

Talking about that number is grounds for summary execution,  if even hinted at with 44x2 equation!

No,  I have no use for 88.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #179 on: July 27, 2020, 07:02:46 AM »
Numbers are representative of western imperialism.colonialism

I would LOVE to give her change in a store...

Hey, you shorted me $20 on my change!

No I didn't.

Yes you did! I should get $27.50 back in change!

No, you shouldn't because I have a different cultural approach to change. I'm correct because my cultural background says that I'm correct and you're a hater if you don't agree with that.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #180 on: July 28, 2020, 12:27:32 PM »
The lead line held by the sailor on the seal of New York is now a noose. Also problematic is the Indian in attire actually worn at the time*. Should he be in a Pilgrim outfit instead?

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2020/07/28/nyt-mistakes-sailors-depth-finder-on-the-nyc-seal-for-a-long-rope-with-a-loop-on-its-end/

*I recognize all Indians didn't walk around in loincloths all the time, but it was certainly worn. Just like some people now sometimes wear long pants and sometimes wear shorts.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #181 on: July 28, 2020, 03:03:00 PM »
The lead line held by the sailor on the seal of New York is now a noose. Also problematic is the Indian in attire actually worn at the time*. Should he be in a Pilgrim outfit instead?

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2020/07/28/nyt-mistakes-sailors-depth-finder-on-the-nyc-seal-for-a-long-rope-with-a-loop-on-its-end/

*I recognize all Indians didn't walk around in loincloths all the time, but it was certainly worn. Just like some people now sometimes wear long pants and sometimes wear shorts.
If that's a noose, from its size he must be planning to hang a small doll.

And shouldn't the date on the seal be 1619 rather than 1625?    >:D
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #182 on: July 28, 2020, 03:13:24 PM »
Looks like a weight on the end of the line to me. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #183 on: July 28, 2020, 04:54:39 PM »
Did they change history, so nooses have never been used for anything but racial lynchings?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #184 on: July 28, 2020, 05:07:33 PM »
Did they change history, so nooses have never been used for anything but racial lynchings?

Only ever used for lynching blacks in much the same way as cops only kill blacks and only blacks were ever enslaved
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #185 on: July 28, 2020, 05:11:37 PM »
Friend of mine and I were talking some weeks ago, and we have a tendency to occasionally come up with puns on the fly.

So, he comes up with one and was evidently proud enough of it that he decided to take a picture of it for Faceplace...

He made a couple of loops with a rope and laid them over a low branch of a paper birch or shag bark hickory or some other tree that has really shaggy bark that peels off in strips, and captioned it "The bark is worse than the bight..."

Uhm... are you really going to post that on FB?

Sure, why?

You're going to post a picture of a rope in a tree in this political environment? The look on his face when he realized what I was asking was a combination of shock, disgust, horror, and relief...

Yeah, it's a harmless pun... except it's a rope in a tree...

Absolutely no indication of a noose. No indication of racial overtones. No threat. No nothing other than a pun. But it's a rope in a tree.

And it can't be posted because of the current environment and the mad rush to find offense.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #186 on: July 28, 2020, 06:39:47 PM »
Friend of mine and I were talking some weeks ago, and we have a tendency to occasionally come up with puns on the fly.

So, he comes up with one and was evidently proud enough of it that he decided to take a picture of it for Faceplace...

He made a couple of loops with a rope and laid them over a low branch of a paper birch or shag bark hickory or some other tree that has really shaggy bark that peels off in strips, and captioned it "The bark is worse than the bight..."

Uhm... are you really going to post that on FB?

Sure, why?

You're going to post a picture of a rope in a tree in this political environment? The look on his face when he realized what I was asking was a combination of shock, disgust, horror, and relief...

Yeah, it's a harmless pun... except it's a rope in a tree...

Absolutely no indication of a noose. No indication of racial overtones. No threat. No nothing other than a pun. But it's a rope in a tree.

And it can't be posted because of the current environment and the mad rush to find offense.

And here I am with a new garage, and all ready to hang a noose from the door.  =(

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #187 on: July 28, 2020, 10:49:18 PM »
Somebody wants blacks against whites and whites against blacks.

Every group against every group.

Divide and Rule.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #188 on: July 28, 2020, 11:21:34 PM »
Somebody wants blacks against whites and whites against blacks.

Every group against every group.

Divide and Rule.

Don't call them "somebody." They prefer "anti-racists."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #189 on: July 29, 2020, 08:48:21 AM »
Don't call them "somebody." They prefer "anti-racists."

You spelled Democrat wrong.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #190 on: July 29, 2020, 09:11:57 AM »
You spelled Democrat wrong.

You spelled Moron wrong
- Calvin and Hobbes

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #191 on: July 29, 2020, 12:32:04 PM »
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #192 on: July 29, 2020, 12:37:37 PM »
This is so monumentally stupid as to beggar belief:

https://thepostmillennial.com/couple-takes-down-norwegian-flag-after-dozens-confuse-it-with-confederate-flag

Never underestimate the stupidity of the average American voter.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #193 on: July 29, 2020, 12:50:28 PM »
Wait till the SJWs learn this

His eventual choice a few days later of a Nordic cross was clearly based on the tradition established by the other Nordic countries, Denmark and Sweden. This cross represents Christianity.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Norway
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #194 on: July 29, 2020, 01:33:13 PM »
What about Mexico's flag - it's full-on Nazi fascist!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #195 on: July 30, 2020, 01:31:32 PM »
This is so monumentally stupid as to beggar belief:

https://thepostmillennial.com/couple-takes-down-norwegian-flag-after-dozens-confuse-it-with-confederate-flag

I'm now kinda thinking of replacing my Gadsden Flag with the Norwegian Flag.

Everytime you say the words, "People just can't be this stupid, can they?" people will break the stupidity meter.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #196 on: July 30, 2020, 02:00:12 PM »
I've got a smaller Norwegian flag I traded for with a Norwegian submarine sailor while on a port visit in Den Helder many yeas ago.
I need to dig it out and start flying it.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #197 on: July 30, 2020, 02:19:35 PM »
I'm now kinda thinking of replacing my Gadsden Flag with the Norwegian Flag.

Everytime you say the words, "People just can't be this stupid, can they?" people will break the stupidity meter.
Most everyone carries around access via the internet to the combined knowledge of mankind (or something similar), but can't bother to take a moment to look up the information before running their mouth in outrage.   
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #198 on: July 30, 2020, 05:26:35 PM »
I have a running joke with my wife, "If only I had a smart phone to look that up."  I am amazed by the number of people who say, "I don't know" to a question and leave it at that.  Look it up, you freaking chimpanzee!
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #199 on: July 30, 2020, 05:50:09 PM »
I have a running joke with my wife, "If only I had a smart phone to look that up."  I am amazed by the number of people who say, "I don't know" to a question and leave it at that.  Look it up, you freaking chimpanzee!

Funny how people online take offense when they ask a simple question and I post a lmgtfy link.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?