Author Topic: Cancel Culture is Getting Ridiculous  (Read 39834 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Cancel Culture is Getting Ridiculous
« Reply #225 on: December 18, 2020, 09:21:53 AM »
Didn't know where else to put this but I guess it belongs here.

Apparently we have someone going around stealing baby Jesus out of manger scenes in the area.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #227 on: December 28, 2020, 11:33:58 AM »
New York Times celebrates a psychopathic kid:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/26/us/mimi-groves-jimmy-galligan-racial-slurs.html#click=https://t.co/V3lr5bnlJS

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2020/12/28/what-kind-of-society-is-this-nyt-spotlights-deranged-teen-who-set-out-to-teach-his-white-classmate-a-lesson-by-ruining-her-life/

Oh, and the comments to the NYT article are rather interesting. The majority seem to be supporting the psychopath.

Tells us something about the readership of the NYT.

The cancel culture bullies are no different than schoolyard bullies of old, except instead of minor harassment, they ruin lives forever.
 It will stop, when they pay a price sufficient to make them stop.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #228 on: December 28, 2020, 11:35:20 AM »
One of Ms. Groves’s friends, who is Black, said Ms. Groves had personally apologized for the video long before it went viral. Once it did in June, the friend defended Ms. Groves online, prompting criticism from strangers and fellow students. “We’re supposed to educate people,” she wrote in a Snapchat post, “not ruin their lives all because you want to feel a sense of empowerment.”

Looking at the article, sounds like he is a vindictive jerk who is upset because someone else in classes with him made fun of him over his race a few times so he took it out on the cheerleader and others.  Sounds like he was holding a grudge for a while.  Might have just been how the article was written.  It seems to be set up to create that impression.

Also sounds like most of the white kids there are taking their language queues from black culture.  It seems to me that most of them are not racist; quite the opposite.  There are always some jerks in any group.  I guess current trend is to blame everyone for the behavior of those jerks.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #229 on: December 28, 2020, 11:55:06 AM »
One day they are going to pick the wrong target to cancel and they will pay dearly for ruining someone’s life.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #230 on: December 28, 2020, 12:00:15 PM »
Also sounds like most of the white kids there are taking their language queues from black culture.  It seems to me that most of them are not racist; quite the opposite.  There are always some jerks in any group.  I guess current trend is to blame everyone for the behavior of those jerks.

I was thinking about that myself. How many black artists write the trashy songs about cop killin' and n-word this, n-word that? Songs that are so popular (another topic) that they make it to top ten charts, and kids of all races are buying them, listening to them, and singing along with them to be cool.

Are the non-black kids not allowed to sing along to the songs that they are purchasing? I would assume that, given population demographics, the black artists are making the most money off white people buying their music. Maybe if they don't want to hear the n-word, don't get it on the top ten charts by putting it in every *expletive deleted*ing song you write.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #231 on: December 28, 2020, 05:19:43 PM »
I was thinking about that myself. How many black artists write the trashy songs about cop killin' and n-word this, n-word that? Songs that are so popular (another topic) that they make it to top ten charts, and kids of all races are buying them, listening to them, and singing along with them to be cool.

Are the non-black kids not allowed to sing along to the songs that they are purchasing? I would assume that, given population demographics, the black artists are making the most money off white people buying their music. Maybe if they don't want to hear the n-word, don't get it on the top ten charts by putting it in every *expletive deleted*ing song you write.

No they're not.

He said his father was often the only white person at maternal family gatherings, where “the N-word is a term that is thrown around sometimes” by Black relatives. A few years ago, he said his father said it aloud, prompting Mr. Galligan and his sister to quietly take him aside and explain that it was unacceptable, even when joking around.

Either that kid has a lot of balls, or his father doesn't.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #232 on: December 29, 2020, 10:01:16 AM »
No they're not.'

He said his father was often the only white person at maternal family gatherings, where “the N-word is a term that is thrown around sometimes” by Black relatives. A few years ago, he said his father said it aloud, prompting Mr. Galligan and his sister to quietly take him aside and explain that it was unacceptable, even when joking around.

Either that kid has a lot of balls, or his father doesn't.

Seems to me that there's a word that describes having one set of rules for one person, and another set of rules for another person, based entirely on the race of that person.

If only I could remember what that is called....
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #233 on: December 29, 2020, 05:26:46 PM »
https://twitter.com/davidcrosss/status/1343053684347908097

If he's not careful, he's going to get what he wants.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #234 on: December 30, 2020, 08:36:41 AM »

Seems to me that there's a word that describes having one set of rules for one person, and another set of rules for another person, based entirely on the race of that person.

If only I could remember what that is called....

Liberalism.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #235 on: December 30, 2020, 09:41:03 AM »
https://twitter.com/davidcrosss/status/1343053684347908097

If he's not careful, he's going to get what he wants.

Tobias Funke the Analrapist wants blood.

Come on 2020, I know you have better!
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #236 on: December 30, 2020, 09:55:28 AM »
Tobias Funke the Analrapist wants blood.

Come on 2020, I know you have better!
This sort of thing illustrates why our elections and the peaceful transition of power between administrations is important.  I wonder if that sort of sentiment is growing and will it get to the point that a President feels they can't give up power without getting crushed.  I believe that was one of the reasons Caesar crossed the Rubicon with is army. 

I guess fewer people really know any history anymore.  I feel I know far less than I should. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #237 on: December 30, 2020, 02:47:15 PM »
New York Times celebrates a psychopathic kid:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/26/us/mimi-groves-jimmy-galligan-racial-slurs.html#click=https://t.co/V3lr5bnlJS

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2020/12/28/what-kind-of-society-is-this-nyt-spotlights-deranged-teen-who-set-out-to-teach-his-white-classmate-a-lesson-by-ruining-her-life/

Oh, and the comments to the NYT article are rather interesting. The majority seem to be supporting the psychopath.

Am I correct in thinking that it's still okay for black people to call each other by the 'N' word, it's just not okay for people of notcolor to use it? It seems to me that it people of color want he 'N' word to die out, they should lead the way not using it.

From the article:

Since the racial reckoning of the summer, many white teenagers, when posting dance videos to social media, no longer sing along with the slur in rap songs. Instead, they raise a finger to pursed lips. “Small things like that really do make a difference,” Mr. Galligan said.

Why is the word in rap songs, and why are rap songs that have the word in it being played?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #238 on: December 30, 2020, 03:12:15 PM »
From the article:

Why is the word in rap songs, and why are rap songs that have the word in it being played?

That's a very good point.  The radio stations (and whatever substitutes for radio these days) should refuse to play songs -- rap or otherwise -- that use the word "*let's not go there*" or it's derivations.  If the so-called artists want to use the word, that's fine, but they won't get air time.

I would like for the word to be forgotten from lack of use, but blacks are the ones primarily keeping it alive.
"It's good, though..."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #239 on: December 30, 2020, 08:43:53 PM »
Boston Emancipation Memorial has to go because the SJW see the ex-slave as kneeing before Lincoln despite the fact he's actually rising. Oh, and the memorial was paid for by freed slaves.

Boston removes its Emancipation Memorial that was making residents and visitors ‘uncomfortable’
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2020/12/30/boston-removes-its-emancipation-memorial-that-was-making-residents-and-visitors-uncomfortable/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #240 on: January 25, 2021, 05:44:57 PM »
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #241 on: January 25, 2021, 08:10:50 PM »
Anne Boleyn, 2nd wife of Henry VIII is now black
Can we please stop rewriting history?

TUDOR FURY Jodie Turner Smith pictured as Anne Boleyn for the first time after new Channel 5 drama sparked race row
https://www.thesun.co.uk/tv/13481909/jodie-turner-smith-anne-boleyn-pictured-channel-5/

I think it's past time for someone to remake "Shaft" with a white actor as the titular character.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #242 on: January 27, 2021, 10:35:56 AM »
Noticed Savage Arms changed their logo https://www.savagearms.com/
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #243 on: January 27, 2021, 10:47:47 AM »
Noticed Savage Arms changed their logo https://www.savagearms.com/

They'll be changing the name soon, because it's oh so hurty to... someone.

I'm more (actually less) interested in what's on their home page... the Impulse, their take on the straight pull bolt action rifle...

Hey, let's reinvent a failed wheel so that we can fail again!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #244 on: January 27, 2021, 11:52:17 AM »
No more Indians at the high school I went to. A few people had been trying to do it for years and finally got it done.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #245 on: January 27, 2021, 12:02:37 PM »
Speaking of schools
Must pass a woke purity test now to have a school named after you and you most be pure white woke* to pass.

*Or a POC in which case you get an exemption

Even an elementary school named for current U.S. Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., will be changed over allegations that she replaced a damaged Confederate flag outside of City Hall when she was the city’s mayor in 1986, according to Courthouse News. She didn’t replace the flag after it was pulled down a second time.

San Francisco school board votes to rename schools honoring Washington, Lincoln, Feinstein, others
https://www.foxnews.com/us/san-francisco-school-board-votes-to-rename-schools-honoring-washington-lincoln-feinstein-others

- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #246 on: February 01, 2021, 02:35:53 PM »
Not wanting Chinese food is racist
If she had said "anything but American" the SJWs would have applauded

POPULAR PIZZA CHAIN SLAMMED FOR ALLEGEDLY TONE-DEAF AD
https://www.intheknow.com/2021/01/15/dominos-slammed-over-ad/

Video
Dominos Pizza MELTDOWN! These NPC puritans say the pizza maker went too far!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzu55oCTc8M
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #247 on: February 01, 2021, 03:51:25 PM »
No more Indians at the high school I went to. A few people had been trying to do it for years and finally got it done.
They got rid of them?   :O

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #248 on: February 01, 2021, 03:54:03 PM »
Not wanting Chinese food is racist
If she had said "anything but American" the SJWs would have applauded

POPULAR PIZZA CHAIN SLAMMED FOR ALLEGEDLY TONE-DEAF AD
https://www.intheknow.com/2021/01/15/dominos-slammed-over-ad/

Video
Dominos Pizza MELTDOWN! These NPC puritans say the pizza maker went too far!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzu55oCTc8M

In the weeks following the ad’s release, social media users have criticized the ad for being insensitive, especially during a time when many Chinese businesses across the world are suffering as result of the xenophobia and racism tied to the pandemic. In London alone, for example, Chinese restaurants reported a 50 percent drop in business in early 2020.
Really?  I guess all their 2020 losses were due to racism. 

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #249 on: February 01, 2021, 04:02:42 PM »
YouTube has demonetized The Epoch Times:
https://www.theepochtimes.com/support-the-epoch-times-help-defend-independent-news_3680028.html

One can't help but wonder if Beijing had a hand in their decision.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama