Author Topic: Cancel Culture is Getting Ridiculous  (Read 39759 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Cancel Culture is Getting Ridiculous
« Reply #275 on: March 10, 2021, 08:56:34 AM »
Newton who?

Apparently some prep schools are renaming basic laws of physics to eliminate references to white men who discovered them.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/03/09/bari-weiss-writes-about-affluent-parents-organizing-in-secret-against-elite-prep-schools-going-anti-racist/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #276 on: March 11, 2021, 11:54:33 PM »
https://youtu.be/N3gUemPbYi0?t=10912

C&Rsenal did a recent Q&A video.  At about the 3:02 mark, a question comes up about them including their pronouns when they do introductions.  It is just funny to listen to.  You can tell they don't deal with that stuff much.   =)
Also, this is part 2 of the Q&A so this is 6 hours or more into Q&A questions.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #277 on: March 12, 2021, 06:41:34 AM »
https://youtu.be/N3gUemPbYi0?t=10912

C&Rsenal did a recent Q&A video.  At about the 3:02 mark, a question comes up about them including their pronouns when they do introductions.  It is just funny to listen to.  You can tell they don't deal with that stuff much.   =)
Also, this is part 2 of the Q&A so this is 6 hours or more into Q&A questions.

LOL, I hadn't gotten that far yet
One has a beard the other huuuuge......tracks of land. Figure it out.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #278 on: March 12, 2021, 09:00:04 AM »
LOL, I hadn't gotten that far yet
One has a beard the other huuuuge......tracks of land. Figure it out.
I cheated.  I saw reference to it elsewhere and had to go find that part of the video.  I just love her initial response.  "....for the guns?...."

I make it through Drachinifel's Q&A videos so I figure I can handle theirs. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #279 on: March 12, 2021, 09:03:05 AM »
I cheated.  I saw reference to it elsewhere and had to go find that part of the video.  I just love her initial response.  "....for the guns?...."

I make it through Drachinifel's Q&A videos so I figure I can handle theirs.

Drach puts an hour + long Q&A out every week sometimes twice a/week if you count the live ones. Some are over 3 to 5 hours long
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #280 on: March 21, 2021, 09:57:37 AM »
Cigna Healthcare's critical race theory class. I don't get some of these. Articulate? Peanut gallery?

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #281 on: March 21, 2021, 10:03:11 AM »
Just saw that on twitchy
Try this photo from that story on for size

https://twitter.com/SaysSimonson/status/1373016839064842241/photo/1
« Last Edit: March 21, 2021, 10:22:22 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #282 on: March 21, 2021, 01:16:56 PM »
So much for Monopoly:

https://twitchy.com/brads-313037/2021/03/21/from-monopoly-to-woke-opoly-game-maker-hasbro-wants-to-change-the-popular-game-with-more-socially-conscious-elements/

It's frustrating enough when companies cave to the SJW whiners, but even moreso when the companies cave all on their own.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #283 on: March 21, 2021, 02:36:23 PM »
So much for Monopoly:

https://twitchy.com/brads-313037/2021/03/21/from-monopoly-to-woke-opoly-game-maker-hasbro-wants-to-change-the-popular-game-with-more-socially-conscious-elements/

It's frustrating enough when companies cave to the SJW whiners, but even moreso when the companies cave all on their own.

Back in  the early 2000s I bought my daughter the Game of Life. Upon opening it I started read the board and noticed compare to The Game Life we had when I was a kid there were no hard decisions or bad consequences to anything in the game. It was all peaches and cream for every player  with no real winners or losers no matter how you played. Was temped to ordered an older one off ebay but the prices were nuts because apparently a lot of people had the same idea I had.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #284 on: March 21, 2021, 03:08:34 PM »
Cigna Healthcare's critical race theory class. I don't get some of these. Articulate? Peanut gallery?

Just ask crazy uncle Joe.
https://youtu.be/nxCvTb1KRNA
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #285 on: March 26, 2021, 11:35:32 AM »
And now a woke theater director has decided Cinderella is too white so the whole thing was scrapped while we sort out our feelings and re-examine our diversity in hiring.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/minnesota-theater-cancels-its-own-cinderella-production-because-cast-was-too-white

Does this mean Song of the South will be making a resurgence?  ;)

bob

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #286 on: March 26, 2021, 12:01:40 PM »
And now a woke theater director has decided Cinderella is too white so the whole thing was scrapped while we sort out our feelings and re-examine our diversity in hiring.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/minnesota-theater-cancels-its-own-cinderella-production-because-cast-was-too-white

Does this mean Song of the South will be making a resurgence?  ;)

bob

Shocker that a story that takes place in Europe is all white
The Lion King stage play is 100% black so are they going to cancel it for being too black? Mulan for being too Asian? Of course not.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #287 on: April 01, 2021, 10:14:20 AM »
Now SpongeBob

In the episode, a health inspector comes to the Krusty Krab and finds a case of the "Clam Flu" in the restaurant. Upon this discovery, the health inspector quarantines the patrons, and the characters grow anxious. Those who are assumed to have the virus are shunned and tossed in a freezer.

The removal of the "Kwarantined Crab" comes during a time of increased anti-Asian violence in the United States. The episode's storyline reflects feelings of increased isolation and hatred that many Asian communities have experienced since the COVID-19 pandemic began.
Another episode called "Mid-Life Crustacean" has been out of rotation since 2018. In it, SpongeBob, Patrick and Mr. Krabs break into a woman's house and steal her underwear.

Two SpongeBob episodes get pulled by streaming services
https://www.wlky.com/article/2-spongebob-episodes-get-pulled-by-streaming-services/35983994
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

HankB

• friend
« Reply #289 on: April 03, 2021, 02:08:53 PM »
Newton who?

Apparently some prep schools are renaming basic laws of physics to eliminate references to white men who discovered them.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/03/09/bari-weiss-writes-about-affluent-parents-organizing-in-secret-against-elite-prep-schools-going-anti-racist/
Oh, for crying out loud - just be sure to name the basic laws of physics (or any other science) discovered by POC's after the POCs who discovered them.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #290 on: April 03, 2021, 02:15:14 PM »

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ew3wfbIWYAAR3eM?format=jpg&name=large

According to my employer's mandatory "anti-racism" training, saying "All Lives Matter" is a micro-aggression.

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #291 on: April 03, 2021, 02:19:08 PM »
According to my employer's mandatory "anti-racism" training, saying "All Lives Matter" is a micro-aggression.

How about saying "No Lives Matter"?
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #292 on: April 13, 2021, 05:11:16 PM »
There's a few other words I could mention that we could use instead but this is a family* forum

APStylebook
@APStylebook
Don't use the term mistress for a woman who is in a long-term sexual relationship with, and is financially supported by, a man who is married to someone else. Instead, use an alternative like companion, friend or lover on first reference and provide additional details later.
12:23 PM · Apr 13, 2021

AP Stylebook says the term ‘mistress’ is no longer appropriate
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2021/04/13/ap-stylebook-says-the-term-mistress-is-no-longer-appropriate/

* :rofl:
- Calvin and Hobbes

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #293 on: April 13, 2021, 07:10:44 PM »
Ok,  vice presidential candidate it is then.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #294 on: April 13, 2021, 07:20:33 PM »
There's a few other words I could mention that we could use instead but this is a family* forum

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2021/04/13/ap-stylebook-says-the-term-mistress-is-no-longer-appropriate/

Is "concubine" no longer in fashion?
How about."side chick"?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #295 on: April 14, 2021, 06:15:04 PM »
Ok,  vice presidential candidate it is then.

Pithy.  I like it.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #296 on: April 15, 2021, 12:34:13 AM »

How about "paramour"?  =|
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #297 on: April 21, 2021, 02:01:19 PM »
Well that was quick...sent email on Sunday, gone on Wednesday.

Philip Berk, a former president and longtime member of the Hollywood Foreign Press Association, the organization that governs and votes for the annual Golden Globes, has been ousted from the group's board after sending an email that called Black Lives Matter a "hate movement."
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #298 on: May 02, 2021, 08:42:16 AM »
This Nick Fuentes guy is getting the treatment. I don't know much about him really but here we go with the no-fly list being used to harass the lefts enemies.   

“America First” host Nick Fuentes has been banned by all the usual Big Tech suspects, along with livestream service DLive, Coinbase, “and every payment processor” for his forceful advocacy of populism, an end to mass migration and protection of the nuclear family. He was scheduled to join Loomer, former Delaware GOP Senate candidate Lauren Witzke (banned from Twitter for calling a pedophilia-flirting transgender activist “demonic”), and me in Palm Beach Tuesday at a rally to push for loophole-free legislation holding Silicon Valley accountable for discriminatory deplatforming.

But Fuentes never got off the ground, because two airlines and Joe Biden’s TSA informed him that he didn’t have “clearance” to fly. He has been charged with no crimes and was blocked from exercising his First Amendment rights to free speech and peaceable assembly.

“The United States is now a country that persecutes its own citizens for political dissent. My placement on the no-fly list constitutes a grave escalation by the federal government against American conservatives,” Fuentes told me. It’s “all the more reason why our Republican representatives in state and federal government must get serious and pass strong legislation that protects the civil liberties of the 75 million people that voted for Donald Trump.”

The article is actually about Desantis and his push to rein in social media censorship.

https://www.unz.com/mmalkin/anti-censorship-legislation-get-it-right/
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #299 on: May 02, 2021, 10:11:32 AM »
The fun part is that they won't even tell you, in most cases, why you got zucked.
Blog under construction