Author Topic: We have a NEW entrant in the high powered Olympics!  (Read 1120 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
We have a NEW entrant in the high powered Olympics!
« on: May 30, 2022, 02:54:14 PM »
According to Uncle Joe, 9mm handgun rounds are no good for self-defense because they, and I quote "...blows the lung out of the body."

https://nypost.com/2022/05/30/biden-goes-on-anti-gun-tirade-suggests-theres-no-rational-basis-for-9mm-pistols/
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Re: We have a NEW entrant in the high powered Olympics!
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2022, 04:16:10 PM »
“Remember, the Constitution, the Second Amendment, was never absolute,” Biden said. “You couldn’t buy a cannon when the Second Amendment was passed. You couldn’t go out and purchase a lot of weapons.”

Liar.

But that remark about "no right is absolute" appeared in some SCOTUS opinion (Heller? ) and has always irked me because, while technically correct (incarceration, execution), it implies there are no limits to the limitations that can be placed on rights.

As I figured, antis can seize upon it with abandon; I wish there had been some limitation on the offhanded SCOTUS remark in that regard.

As I said before, the Second Amendment is perhaps the shortest and most concise proscriptive clause in the whole Constitution, so I always figured they really, really meant what they said.

And in fact, just to prevent "misconstruction" of the Constitution, they added those ten amendments to it just to be hard-line specific about their intent.

Terry, 230RN

REF:
Preamble to the "Bill Of Rights."

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2022, 06:31:01 PM »
“Remember, the Constitution, the Second Amendment, was never absolute,” Biden said. “You couldn’t buy a cannon when the Second Amendment was passed. You couldn’t go out and purchase a lot of weapons.”

Of course you could.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2022, 06:39:39 PM »
Of course you could.

He has said that literally dozens of times since he's been elected. Even liberal "fact checkers" have corrected him. His staff has to have had conversations with him on this, and it seems they approve of the "disinformation". At this point he's simply a lying propogandist. He can't fall back on the dementia on this one.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2022, 06:53:57 PM »
88 magnum - It shoots through schools
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2022, 07:11:30 PM »
That's why I called him a Liar.  In italics.  With only that one word for emphasis.  Maybe I should have added an exclamation point:

Liar !

But I figured just Liar in italics and a period kept me within the boundaries of a polite society.

I'm still waiting for comments on my "no right is absolute" remark.

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: May 30, 2022, 07:38:26 PM by 230RN »

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2022, 08:09:03 PM »
He has said that literally dozens of times since he's been elected. Even liberal "fact checkers" have corrected him. His staff has to have had conversations with him on this, and it seems they approve of the "disinformation". At this point he's simply a lying propogandist. He can't fall back on the dementia on this one.

Why do you keep acting like any of this is new?  Every time you phrase it as "at this point" like it is some sort of major change.  He has always been a liar telling lies.  The only thing different is he is so mentally disabled he can no longer lie as well as he used to lie to you. 

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2022, 11:07:58 PM »
Oh, it's just a term of art or a cliché in this usage.  A  year from now you could still say "at this point" without implying it never happened before.

"At this point in time" or "at this point in the fermentation process" or "at this point in the patient's mental decay" would be more specific.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2022, 12:22:33 AM »
Oh, it's just a term of art or a cliché in this usage.  A  year from now you could still say "at this point" without implying it never happened before.

"At this point in time" or "at this point in the fermentation process" or "at this point in the patient's mental decay" would be more specific.

"What difference at this point does it make?"

Where have I heard that before?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2022, 02:07:34 AM »
It makes a difference because he still has the ears of the party faithful, and every impact adds up so that a new "truth" is built up.

This has all been known and used to great effect since at least the late 1930s.

People don't go to the polls with the counter-arguments we have presented.  They go to the polls with the lies which have been implanted.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2022, 08:17:11 AM »
When someone says something that's incorrect, that's a mistake. Giving him the benefit of the doubt, Biden made a mistake when he said you couldn't buy a cannon when the Second Amendment was written . . . but only the first time he said it!

He was corrected after that, but KNOWING full well it's not true, Biden CONTINUES to say it. And he's been corrected every single time.

When someone says something they know is untrue, that's not a mistake - that's a LIE.

BIDEN IS A PATHOLOGICAL LIAR!

Liars usually don't lie about just one issue - I wouldn't trust anything - ANYTHING - he says on ANY issue without independent corroboration.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2022, 09:04:33 AM »
"BIDEN IS A PATHOLOGICAL LIAR! "

What politician isn't?

Think Trump was a truthteller?

Bush I? Bush II? Clinton?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2022, 09:33:11 AM »
"It's important to remember all statements made by the occupant of the White House should be ignored at all costs," said Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre. "They do in no way represent the official position of the President, the occupant of the White House, the United States, or the President of the United States who occupies the White House."
https://babylonbee.com/news/white-house-forced-to-clarify-what-leader-of-white-house-said
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2022, 10:32:57 AM »
"BIDEN IS A PATHOLOGICAL LIAR! "

What politician isn't?

Think Trump was a truthteller?

Bush I? Bush II? Clinton?
There's a lot of truth in the old adage that you can tell if a politician is lying by looking to see if his lips are moving. But those guys aren't in office now, some of their "lies" were differences of opinion, and lies by previous office holders do NOT excuse the lies - clumsy, obvious, blatant and repeated lies - of the current POTUS.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2022, 10:59:20 AM »
lies by previous office holders do NOT excuse the lies - clumsy, obvious, blatant and repeated lies - of the current POTUS.

^^^^   This.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2022, 12:37:04 PM »
Why do you think advertisements are repeated so often?

Like the same one five or six times in the course of a half hour of programming.?

At $thousands  a pop?

Because the advertisers know that successive impacts are effective agents in influencing behavior.

Verified and actual proof that my soap, XYZ, presented once, on channel 704, makes no difference when crappy old soap ABC's "superiority" is presented 100 times a day on channel nine and you go to buy soap in the grocery store.

The same thing is true when you go to the polls.  "The truth will out?"

I laugh, ha-ha-ha.

No, pilgrim.... the repeated lie will out.

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: June 01, 2022, 07:51:27 PM by 230RN »

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2022, 03:59:35 PM »
Not sure if real, but if it is, I would like to buy that protestor a beer:

- Barack Obama

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2022, 10:14:14 PM »
                         - Barack Obama

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2022, 07:32:54 PM »
^ Meh.  As has been said, "If they can ban one, they can ban them all."

"Qualifying" the ban like that is pure bull bleep.

"Canada," heh.  It just goes to show you how your rights can be trampled if they aren't spelled out specifically, like they are in the U.S.'s Bill Of Rights.

Oh, wait.... they are being trampled here in the U.S. anyhow...

...never mind. <snif>

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: June 01, 2022, 07:53:51 PM by 230RN »

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2022, 08:58:32 AM »
"and lies by previous office holders do NOT excuse the lies"

Jesus, did I ever said that it did?

It just seems that people are always SO shocked and SO offended when they realize that a politician is lying to them as if it's the first time it's ever happened...

HankB

• friend
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2022, 09:19:54 AM »
"and lies by previous office holders do NOT excuse the lies"

Jesus, did I ever said that it did?

It just seems that people are always SO shocked and SO offended when they realize that a politician is lying to them as if it's the first time it's ever happened...
Offended? Yes. Absolutely. Regardless of the politician's party affiliation. 

Shocked or maybe even . . . surprised?  :rofl:

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2022, 10:26:20 AM »
One comment I heard recently was asking:  How many kids did Biden kill in Afghanistan with all the drone strikes? 
I wonder if it was more than the number of kids killed in school shootings during the same time frame.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2022, 11:20:32 AM »
I was in the local grocery store the other day and they had the Washington Post on sale with a big picture of Biden and the full banner headline "Biden to Congress -- ENOUGH", talking about him wanting new gun laws to end the slaughter of children...

Juxtapose that with the 600,000 or so abortions performed in, IIRC, 2020, and the headline would change to "Biden to Congress -- MORE!"

« Last Edit: June 04, 2022, 11:34:01 AM by K Frame »

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2022, 04:20:55 PM »
CORUSCANT—Emperor Palpatine's office has announced the construction of a bigger and even more powerful Death Star equipped with a 9mm. The Death Star's blast is said to be so powerful it can blow the core out of a planet.

Emperor Palpatine Builds A Bigger, Even More Powerful Death Star Equipped With A 9mm
https://babylonbee.com/news/emperor-palpatine-builds-a-bigger-even-more-powerful-death-star-equipped-with-a-9mm
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
                         - Barack Obama