Author Topic: NFL going full Kaepernick  (Read 3064 times)

HankB

• friend
Re: NFL going full Kaepernick
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2021, 09:24:37 AM »
. . . NFL will allow social justice phrases on helmets this season . . .
I see they'll only allow some social justice phrases - the ones that are politically pre-approved. 

MAGA is not among them.

Nor is my preferred phrase - EFF THE NFL
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Pb

• friend
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2021, 09:48:24 AM »
I see they'll only allow some social justice phrases - the ones that are politically pre-approved. 

MAGA is not among them.

Nor is my preferred phrase - EFF THE NFL

How about "It's OK to be white?"   :lol:

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2021, 09:49:29 AM »

RACIST!
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2021, 02:48:27 PM »
Wish I could boycott them again... but they lost me some time ago. Might be the are trying to make a play for a more loyalty from the half the country they decided they don't hate and wish to be dead.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2021, 08:13:26 PM »
"NFL" ?? ??

Nautical Fishing League?

Nebish Fraternity Losers?

Nicely Finished Lasagna?

What is this "NFL" of which you speak? Is game?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2021, 09:00:16 AM »
I stopped paying attention to the NFL a year or two ago almost completely.  This is probably the first year that I never had any temptation at all to watch.  There was a time when I was younger that I could name the 3-deep line up for my team.  I liked watching the backups play in the 2nd half of pre-season games.  No more.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2021, 09:05:46 AM »
"NFL" ?? ??

Nautical Fishing League?

Nebish Fraternity Losers?

Nicely Finished Lasagna?

What is this "NFL" of which you speak? Is game?

Neon Flaming Liberals
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2021, 09:46:17 AM »
I figure if I didn't go back to football last year with all the Bucs excitement, I've kicked it for good.  For a while after I decided to not support them, stories of their idiocy would still annoy me, but now I'm genuinely ambivalent.

Useless people doing useless things.  I'd rather go to the range.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2021, 10:18:36 AM »

Useless people doing useless things.  I'd rather go to the range.

That range of yours is a way better, and much more fun, use of your time. Similarly, it is a major reason why I have never been into watching all these millionaires on the TV. There is so much more fun stuff, including sports related (and defensive training can certainly be a "sport") stuff I can be doing. I'd much rather go to the range, or go fishing, or take a cool hike. Or heck, just spend the couple of hours one of these matches run and do a good workout. Better for both body and mind.

I have always preferred to do a sport rather than watch someone else doing a sport.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2021, 11:14:53 AM »

Or  "Don't murder your ex-wife"

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2021, 11:39:42 AM »
Or  "Don't murder your ex-wife"
You have your vices, I have mine.   =)
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2022, 05:46:59 PM »
 :rofl: [barf]

Colin Kaepernick has made his way back into the NFL as a cheerleader for the Carolina Panthers. He will be the team's first African American Transgender Poly-Bi Cheerleader and will be joining the team on road games.

Colin Kaepernick Transitions In Order To Make Carolina Panthers Cheer Squad
https://babylonbee.com/news/colin-kaepernick-transitions-in-order-to-make-carolina-panthers-cheer-squad
- Calvin and Hobbes