Author Topic: Portland ...  (Read 58489 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Portland ...
« Reply #400 on: March 11, 2021, 09:40:35 PM »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #401 on: March 13, 2021, 05:52:03 PM »
Setting fire to a building with people inside seems worse than sitting in Nancy Pelosi's office. The FBI needs to confiscate the smart phones of everyone within a square mile of this incident and have the telecoms provide records. Then they need to arrest everyone, hold them without bail, and extend their court dates until next year.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/03/13/protesters-set-fire-to-the-federal-courthouse-in-portland-with-people-inside-but-it-was-after-business-hours/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #402 on: March 13, 2021, 09:14:39 PM »
Setting fire to a building with people inside seems worse than sitting in Nancy Pelosi's office. The FBI needs to confiscate the smart phones of everyone within a square mile of this incident and have the telecoms provide records. Then they need to arrest everyone, hold them without bail, and extend their court dates until next year.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/03/13/protesters-set-fire-to-the-federal-courthouse-in-portland-with-people-inside-but-it-was-after-business-hours/

You are still talking like they haven't chosen a side.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #403 on: April 17, 2021, 12:57:50 PM »

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #404 on: April 17, 2021, 11:16:09 PM »
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #405 on: April 19, 2021, 12:41:48 AM »
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #406 on: April 19, 2021, 01:04:56 AM »

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #407 on: April 19, 2021, 08:24:10 AM »
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #408 on: April 19, 2021, 08:36:33 AM »
Which begs the question. What does he have to do to break the cycle?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #409 on: April 19, 2021, 02:27:53 PM »
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

bedlamite

• friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #410 on: April 19, 2021, 02:46:08 PM »

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #411 on: April 19, 2021, 05:53:52 PM »

End the mask psychosis.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #412 on: April 19, 2021, 07:04:26 PM »

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #413 on: April 19, 2021, 08:03:15 PM »
Which
Begs - To ask for something in an urgent or humble manner
The
Question - A sentence, phrase, or gesture that seeks information through a reply

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #414 on: April 19, 2021, 09:03:35 PM »

I don't like the way that is stated.  My first thought was it was wrong, but I realized after I started putting my own definition into words, it isn't wrong, but IMO not well stated. 

Sounds like you think he should have said "Which leads to the question: What does he have to do to break the cycle? "

Grammar/Diction Nazi?   :lol:

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #415 on: April 19, 2021, 10:09:06 PM »
The usage was fine as far as I can tell.

It just isn't an example of the logical fallacy known by the same phraseology.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #416 on: April 19, 2021, 10:29:26 PM »
Attempting to correct my grammar is going to be a full time job
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #417 on: April 19, 2021, 10:56:45 PM »

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #418 on: April 20, 2021, 06:42:41 PM »
Attempting to correct my grammar is going to be a full time job

It wasn't an attempt. It's not a matter of grammar. I do the "work" on a part-time volunteer basis, as I see fit as my OCD compels me.  :P
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #419 on: April 20, 2021, 07:18:54 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #420 on: April 20, 2021, 08:07:35 PM »

Samuel Adams

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #421 on: May 07, 2021, 12:53:47 PM »
I don't know how this started but it seems remarkable to me that nobody got shot in this scenario:

The headline on this tweet is "Heavily armed anarchist militia in Portland stop traffic, assault driver at gunpoint while he attempts to defend himself." I've seen the same video clip with differing headlines.

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1390478047271395330?s=20
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #422 on: May 07, 2021, 01:35:07 PM »
Hard for the driver to claim defense when they cleared the space in front of his truck, and screamed "Leave!" several times and he'd didn't,  you know, leave.

Not trying to defend the blocking of roads as legitimate,  but if you want to claim defense  it's better to not have a video of the aggressors giving you the option to retreat.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #423 on: May 07, 2021, 04:43:00 PM »
Shouldn't have gotten out of the truck
- Calvin and Hobbes

bedlamite

• friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #424 on: May 07, 2021, 09:46:22 PM »