Author Topic: Oh boy, this is going to be interesting... NY AG seeks to dissolve NRA  (Read 8325 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Oh boy, this is going to be interesting... NY AG seeks to dissolve NRA
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2020, 07:38:06 PM »
In case you missed it, a few years ago Wayne and his lackeys revised the by-laws, making it virtually impossible for the membership to have any control over their own organization.

On the other hand, the membership could have staged a mass revolt, and canceled our memberships until LaPierre, et al, resigned. We did not do that.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2020, 11:22:19 PM »
In case you missed it, a few years ago Wayne and his lackeys revised the by-laws, making it virtually impossible for the membership to have any control over their own organization.
Yeah, I think they claimed "liberals" would try to join and elect gun grabbing board members so they had to make it difficult to kick out the leadership.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2020, 11:32:59 PM »
On the other hand, the membership could have staged a mass revolt, and canceled our memberships until LaPierre, et al, resigned. We did not do that.

Probably a safe bet to say 90% of the membership have zero idea of what's going on
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2020, 01:27:41 AM »
Probably a safe bet to say 90% of the membership have zero idea of what's going on

Because those of us who did know failed to spread the word. Not that we didn't talk about it. I'm sure plenty of people did their part. But no major effort at "community organization" took place.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2020, 08:53:44 AM »
I have been an NRA member for probably 20 years.  I only actually voted in the last few years. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2020, 11:18:24 AM »
When I was campaigning,  people often asked about my NRA membership.  Early on, I would mention G.O.A. and the problems with the leadership in the N.R.A., especially LaPierre.  I found that way too many people took my comments as an attack of 2A, and not an attack on corruption in the organization.  They either didn't know, or didn't care.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2020, 10:30:38 AM »

Scare tactics work in many areas.  The NRA uses them liberally . . . .
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

Pb

• friend
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2020, 02:27:16 PM »

The NRA has lost a lot of members already.

Wayne still hasn't quit.

There is no reason to think he ever will no matter how much he damages the organization.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2020, 05:47:03 PM »
The NRA has lost a lot of members already.

Wayne still hasn't quit.

There is no reason to think he ever will no matter how much he damages the organization.

I think Wayne has no choice but to ride the NRA all the way to lithobraking;  if he steps down all the dirty laundry he has built up will be available for his replacement to air out and he can't let that happen.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2020, 06:01:57 PM »

I think Wayne has no choice but to ride the NRA all the way to lithobraking;  if he steps down all the dirty laundry he has built up will be available for his replacement to air out and he can't let that happen.

He could do the honorable thing and kill himself...
"It's good, though..."

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2020, 08:09:48 PM »
He could just claim to have dirt on Hillary.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2020, 09:17:54 PM »

This.

I still have a snarky response from some NRA drone after I asked to not get anymore begging for money emails.  They don't like it when you  refuse to donate another penny so long as Wayne is there.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2020, 11:44:52 PM »

If he was capable of the honorable thing he wouldn't be an embezzling shyster.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2020, 11:51:41 PM »
They don't like it when you  refuse to donate another penny so long as Wayne is there.

That's my usual response
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2020, 09:43:05 AM »
Scare tactics work in many areas.  The NRA uses them liberally . . . .

Sadly enough, scare tactics aren't necessarily inaccurate... look at what the democrats have done to gun ownership in some states, and what they want to do nationwide.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2020, 11:21:05 AM »
It was scare tactics yesterday.
It's happening now.
At some point it will be history.  =(
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2020, 12:05:01 PM »
Unfortunately I fear Wayne and his minions are so intertwined into the fabric of the NRA by now that the only way to get rid of them would be to burn the whole thing down.  Sorry, I'm rather pessimistic about the future of the NRA at this point, may have to start fresh with another organization. The NRA is really nothing but Wayne's personal blow up doll at this point.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2020, 12:19:22 PM »
Unfortunately I fear Wayne and his minions are so intertwined into the fabric of the NRA by now that the only way to get rid of them would be to burn the whole thing down.  Sorry, I'm rather pessimistic about the future of the NRA at this point, may have to start fresh with another organization. The NRA is really nothing but Wayne's personal blow up doll at this point.

Yeah, money that I've given the NRA in the past has now gone to the Idaho 2nd Amendment Alliance. They're kinda bulls in a china shop, similar to GOA, but they have done some good stuff on the state level, so I prefer my dough go there for the time being. The NRA, not counting the current kerfuffle, is still important though. We really need the DC presence that knows its way around the political sphere there. I just wish they would get their act together.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2020, 01:04:09 PM »
In NRA related news
Wonder how much NRA money went into this

A federal appeals court Tuesday rejected arguments by prominent National Rifle Association lobbyist Marion Hammer in a lawsuit centered on graphic emails she received from a California attorney after the 2018 mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Broward County.

Marion Hammer Loses Suit Against Attorney Who Sent Graphic Gunshot Photos
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/marion-hammer-loses-suit-against-attorney-who-sent-graphic-gunshot-photos/
- Calvin and Hobbes

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2020, 05:45:10 PM »

Facts.

DustinD

• I have a title
  • friends
  • I have a personal text message
« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2020, 02:15:09 PM »
Idaho 2nd Amendment Alliance is part of the Dorr family of groups. I've heard good things about a few of their offshoots, but most are scummy from top to bottom and just swindle people out of their money. They fought against the pro gun bills in Iowa until they passed and then took credit for it. They tried to derail the suppressor legalization in MN and have been fighting against the 2nd amendment sanctuary movement in several counties. In MN they slander everyone and only attack pro gun reps and a few of the untouchable anti gun dems.
"I don't always shoot defenceless women in the face, but when I do, I prefer H-S Precision.

Stay bloodthirsty, my friends."

- Lon Horiuchi

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2020, 01:43:43 PM »

I'm a life member and gave up years ago trying to figure it all out, being life means i have a vote and the magazine gets sent somewhere i can't even recall.
 I hope someone enjoys them.
  I have not contributed cash for a few yrs while trying to get out of the financial mess I made for myself, with a lot of help from
obama the shovel ready job guy
I had been planning on taking part when I am better situated, at this late stage in the game I don't know if that will happen.
both with the NRA and myself, currently my thinking is i will contribute to calguns/s.a.f/ and what ever team Alan Gura and Oleg Volk is working for.

Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2020, 03:14:12 PM »
My membership is current, but I always considered that as support for their non political activities. I never give money too their political entity. For that I have membership with the VDCL and GOA.

So basically, this is an attack on the actual *expletive deleted*it I support the NRA for (youth groups, training, competitive events, gun safety education)
I wish it was a legit attack in Wayne, then I'd say go for it, but since I know it's not, screw NY.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2020, 06:30:34 PM »
This.

I still have a snarky response from some NRA drone after I asked to not get anymore begging for money emails.  They don't like it when you  refuse to donate another penny so long as Wayne is there.

I heard a while back that the company who does the phone calls paid the NRA a fixed amount for the year and then keeps all or most of the money they collect.  Could be wrong, but it was what I heard.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #49 on: August 22, 2020, 11:28:46 PM »
I heard a while back that the company who does the phone calls paid the NRA a fixed amount for the year and then keeps all or most of the money they collect.  Could be wrong, but it was what I heard.

That just makes it even worse.

It's a bad time for this to happen,  but I almost think the NRA as an entity could benefit from being burned down and rebuilt, the more I hear about it's internal dealings.  The member base isn't going anywhere, hell, maybe this IS the year to torch it.  Right now, before the election.  Should rile up the Fudds and normies.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.