Poll

What will win the presidency in 2020?

Donald Trump
Joe Biden
Someone... else?

Author Topic: Who will win in 2020?  (Read 32943 times)

Nick1911

• Administrator
Who will win in 2020?
« on: September 12, 2020, 12:41:50 AM »
I don't think this poll has been posted here yet.

Who do you think will win the 2020 presidential election, and why?

Additionally, how do you see the house and senate shaking out?

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
Re: Who will win in 2020?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2020, 05:33:11 AM »
I’m real worried about a senate flip. I think it’s the quiet plan to do just that with fraud. I’ve seen some ads from them emphasizing that they only need 4 seats to flip and with so many states that have been infected by transplants these days... the Dems are pouring a shitton of money into areas where they think they can make it happen. For my state the Dems are heavily pushing Jamie Harrison to unseat Lindsay Graham. It’s purely an emotional appeal too, they haven’t said one word about his politics in the commercials or flyers just about how “good” of a person he is.

I think Trump has a decent chance of re-election. I don’t see anybody who wasn’t already a virulent anti-TrumpEr (and usually angry frothing at the mouth)  declaring their support for Biden.

If these aholes get full control it will be civil war time because they will do what they have done to VA on a national scale.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2020, 08:57:48 AM »
With the caveat that there are still almost two months for a SHTF event, at this point I believe Trump will win handily. I believe all the riots and looting have gained Trump votes, or at least kept some who might vote dem at home. Additionally, the financial experts are in nearly full agreement that the third and fourth quarters are going to be off the charts. If third quarter results come out before the election, that will also help Trump.

This is probably a separate topic, but there is enough TDS that even a big win will not be accepted. We have all heard what Hillary Clinton said, and Pelosi, Schumer, et al will lead the march to that regardless of what it does to our country.

I honestly have no idea what will happen in the House and Senate. Right now I'm going to take a guess that we gain a few seats in the house and continue to barely hold the majority in the Senate.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2020, 10:09:56 AM »
I think a house flip is feasible. Maybe not real high probability but the seats that got Pelosi her throne were not moonbat ones and those districts have got to be weary of how far left everything is running. That will be the Biden machine's fault. Someone noted he is the first candidate to secure the nomination and then pivot to pandering to his base rather than a centrist general campaign. That's because they have a case of stockholm syndrome with their base.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2020, 11:13:31 AM »
I still haven't recovered from the shock of Trump winning in 2016.

All bets are off for me.

If it weren't for the mail in ballots I would say Trump and the R's would run the table White House and both houses of congress.

Mail in ballots are a game changer and not for the better.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2020, 11:28:25 AM »
I wouldn't surprise me if Trump won on election night and the Dems worked to steal the election over the next couple of weeks with mail in ballots, endless recounts, etc.

Remember the Bush/Gore thing in Florida, hanging chads and all? Imagine something twice as acrimonious going on in 30 or 40 states, punctuated with planned riots in many cities, with most TV networks egging them on. 
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2020, 11:35:44 AM »
I wouldn't surprise me if Trump won on election night and the Dems worked to steal the election over the next couple of weeks with mail in ballots, endless recounts, etc.

Remember the Bush/Gore thing in Florida, hanging chads and all? Imagine something twice as acrimonious going on in 30 or 40 states, punctuated with planned riots in many cities, with most TV networks egging them on. 

And that was a somewhat close race. I believe this time it will happen even if Trump takes a ridiculous amount of electoral votes.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2020, 11:55:50 AM »
I'm reasonably certain Trump wins, the other stuff?
No idea
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2020, 12:16:54 PM »
It will be close but I think Trump wins with the same map as 2016 minus 1 or 2 states.
House stays D by a safe margin
Senate will still be R but razor thin. maybe split 50/50
Things in general will continue to decline at approximately their current (2020) rate.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2020, 12:52:28 PM »
Things in general will continue to decline at approximately their current (2020) rate.
Possibly the most pessimistic thing I’ve ever heard.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2020, 01:17:19 PM »
I am not sanguine about this election at all.  If this were to be a typical presidential election of years past, I think Trump would win handily what with the number of folks that (anecdotally, no hard data) appear to be crossing over to his side.  However, this election will not be typical as the Democrats will have their vote fraud machine turned up well past eleven.  There just will not be enough new Trump votes to overcome the Democrat fraud machine.
Coupled with the mail-in voting that many states are shifting to, this will cost Trump the election and will probably flip the Senate.  The House will stay the same.
Also, I don't put much stock in talk about polls not being representative of the electorate, or of there being a lot of hidden Trump supporters, or the mythical Silent Majority coming out to vote Republican this time.  There just isn't any hard data pointing to any of these things being true.  I believe most of it is just wishful thinking on the part of Trump supporters.
And I truly hope that I am being overly pessimistic.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2020, 01:57:09 PM by RocketMan »
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2020, 10:09:06 PM »
As just one isolated data point - I live in a suburb just west of Austin, TX. I've been living here for 20+ years. In all that time I've never seen a local political rally or event.

Until now.

Last couple of weekends, there's been a Trump MAGA rally at the local library, which happens to be across from the police station. Numbers haven't been very large - probably less than 100 - but these are the FIRST rallies I've EVER seen around here.

And they're for Trump.

Last week there was a counter protest by BLM across the street from the Trump rally, on the sidewalk in front of the police station. THREE people, two of them white.  :rofl:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2020, 02:03:13 AM »
I think he'll win handily but he opens himself up to ridicule at times.

Just watched the Trump rally in Nevada and at the end he promised that the US will not only land a woman on the Moon but we'll also land an astronaut on Mars.

These are ridiculous promises that he doesn't need to make. There's no way he can follow through on these things.

Just stick to doable things, man.

Don't give the left and the press an opening to mock you. 
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2020, 09:05:50 AM »
I think he'll win handily but he opens himself up to ridicule at times.

Just watched the Trump rally in Nevada and at the end he promised that the US will not only land a woman on the Moon but we'll also land an astronaut on Mars.

These are ridiculous promises that he doesn't need to make. There's no way he can follow through on these things.

Just stick to doable things, man.

Don't give the left and the press an opening to mock you.  

A woman on the moon is easy peasy. He could do that by the middle of his next term, if Elon Musk doesn't do it first.

This is one where  I would put my "diversity is racist" mantra aside, and recommend he put a black, gay, woman on the moon, just to explode every lefty head in the country.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2020, 09:20:35 AM »
I work in a very leftist environment, cutting edge progressivism actually.

Much of our local customer base is onboard with the program also.

The voting patterns around here have changed over the last couple decades.

Stranger in a strange land is how I feel living and working within 15 miles of where I grew up.

I'm seeing Biden signs and Casten  yard signs around but I've only seen one Trump sign.

Dupage County was once a bastion of "nice" Republicanism.

Nice Republicanism always surrenders and compromises with the left, it conserves nothing.

Nice Republicanism is neither republican nor conservative. It is controlled opposition. A fifth column opposed to actual conservative social values and republican governance.

If Trump wins this county I will be (pleasantly) surprised.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2020, 11:56:49 AM »
. . . Nice Republicanism always preemptively surrenders and compromises with the left, it conserves nothing . . .
FIFY, since they routinely give up even before battle is joined. 

just Warren

• friend
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2020, 12:20:01 PM »

A woman on the moon is easy peasy. He could do that by the middle of his next term, if Elon Musk doesn't do it first.

True. Sending someone is easy. Getting them back, not so much.

And the Mas thing would have to have been set in motion before now. That's a long trip requiring a long prep time and I have not noticed such in the works.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2020, 12:26:20 PM »
I have no doubt the media would find a way to give Obama credit for it.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2020, 12:27:51 PM »
And the Mas thing would have to have been set in motion before now. That's a long trip requiring a long prep time and I have not noticed such in the works.

The radiation and long term zero g issues still have to be resolved, those are the big brick walls
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2020, 12:37:01 PM »
True. Sending someone is easy. Getting them back, not so much.

He didn't say who was going to the moon. Maybe it is Pelosi. [popcorn]
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2020, 01:00:00 PM »

This is one where  I would put my "diversity is racist" mantra aside, and recommend he put a conservative black, gay, woman on the moon, just to explode every lefty head in the country.

Fixed it to cause nukular explosions.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2020, 02:49:55 PM »
He didn't say who was going to the moon. Maybe it is Pelosi. [popcorn]

One of these days to the moon Nancy, to the moon!

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2020, 03:31:53 PM »
Mordor on the Potomac will win.  Just like every other election.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2020, 08:40:50 PM »
It may be too early, but I'm noticing something very unusual. I live in a heavily Democratic town in a heavily  Democratic state. For the 2008 and 2012 elections there were a LOT of Obama yard signs, and few for the Republican candidates. For 2016 there were a LOT of Hillary yard signs, and very VERY few Trump yard signs.

This year I'm seeing multiple Trump yard signs but, so far, I have seen exactly one Biden yard sign -- and that's in front of a house that's inhabited by certified libtard space cadets. I pass that house once a week -- it's on my route to the transfer station. For years, they have been putting up bright yellow yard signs, scribbled in black marker with some garbage verbiage about their favorite cause du jour. For the past several weeks the messages have been pro-BLM -- and yesterday a Biden sign had joined the mix.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

just Warren

• friend
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2020, 08:58:13 PM »
Biden Livery Matters!