Author Topic: This looks fun (new Ryan Reynolds movie)  (Read 785 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
This looks fun (new Ryan Reynolds movie)
« on: October 05, 2020, 02:03:57 PM »
Free Guy

Concept... Open world computer game where a character goes rogue as the clueless Good Guy. If it were anyone but Ryan Reynolds I'd write it off as likely being schlocky nonsense. With him, though, I think it's gonna be a hoot.

From what it appears, it's equal parts Deadpool, Van Wilder, and Wreck it Ralph. Or maybe the Sims, Grand Theft Auto, and Leisure Suit Larry. Whatever. Looks like fun.

Trailer #1

Trailer #2

Brad
« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 02:16:09 PM by Brad Johnson »
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: This looks fun (new Ryan Reynolds movie)
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2020, 02:12:22 PM »
GTA V NPCs come to life.  Interesting premise, and it looks pretty funny from the trailers.  Might be worth a watch.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2021, 11:03:58 PM »
SWMBO and I watched it tonight. It was silly and had a couple of of real groaners, but damn if it wasn't straight-up enjoyable. It's equal parts Matrix, Grand Theft Auto, and Van Wilder. Found myself smiling and chuckling through most of it, and there were a couple of genuine laugh-out-loud moments. Cute, silly fun. Has some language so not kid-friendly, but tame enough for teens. Folks who haven't experienced some form of open world gaming likely won't grok a lot of the inside jokes, but I bet they'll still enjoy it. Crack open a beer, turn off your brain, and just have fun. Yeah, it's recommended.

Brad
« Last Edit: October 17, 2021, 08:37:32 AM by Brad Johnson »
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2021, 08:20:30 PM »
I agree with that.  It was just a fun movie.  Nothing profound or deep. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge