Author Topic: Leaked documents show how Amazon misled the public about warehouse safety issues  (Read 531 times)

MechAg94

• friend
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/leaked-documents-show-how-amazon-misled-the-public-about-warehouse-safety-issues

These documents give an unprecedented look into how many workers have been injured and how Amazon is responding. According to Amazon's own records, last year it had more than 14,000 serious injuries, meaning the injury prevented the worker from doing their usual job.

In fact, the rate of serious injuries at the most common type of fulfillment center was more than 50 percent higher at robotic warehouses. Workers and former safety managers have told us robots increase the speed of production, so employees have to go faster.

I received this link today.  Looks interesting.  I think some of these claims could be said of a lot of companies such as pressuring clinics to avoid certain treatments.  I have seen that brought up by our health and safety group.  If a doctor gives you a prescription medicine even if free, it becomes a recordable injury.  I think over the counter stuff is okay, but I don't remember.  It is interesting that Amazon's injury rate has gone up. 

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
That report can't be true. Jeff Bezos told us that Amazon cares about their workers.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design