Author Topic: Remember, antifa is just an idea ...  (Read 897 times)

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
Remember, antifa is just an idea ...
« on: October 27, 2020, 04:17:15 PM »
... a well-organized, violent idea:

https://www.americanpartisan.org/2020/09/antifa-reality-check/

Me and three of my buddies were in Portland this weekend, got attacked by Antifa. There’s a Twitter video with millions of views on it. They ended up on Hannity and Tucker Carlson, Ben Shapiro etc., of us getting beaten with bats and rocks the size of cantaloupes thrown at us, getting spit on etc. We were all carrying pistols as well. Opportunity, ability and jeopardy, we were in a deadly force situation and we could easily articulate the use of deadly force, but they had pepper sprayed us. They were using industrial strobe lights on us, etc. We couldn’t PID our target and what lied beyond it, They did a great job of taking our situational awareness away, it was *expletive deleted*ing incredible.

they chased us for 11 city blocks. They had a convoy of about 25 vehicles that cut us off at the next intersection, They had scouts on the corner with radios, they had a drone following us, they had a bull horn calling us Nazis, and the crowd was following a red strobe light that was up in the air on a stick, so they would announce Nazis and then people would follow the red strobe light, That video is just the beginning, I’ve got a *expletive deleted*ing fractured hand from a baton, everyone of us has black and blue bruises up and down their legs and back, I had a guy spit in my face from 6 inches away, call me a pussy and a coward for not doing anything about it, and then tell me that he was going to find where I live, rape my mother, rape my children in front of me and then kill me.

More at the link.

This is from a battle-hardened Marine.  Makes one wonder what chance someone without that training or experience would have.

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Remember, antifa is just an idea ...
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2020, 04:40:06 PM »
I'm guessing Youtube did this?

This video is no longer available because the YouTube account associated with this video has been terminated.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2020, 04:43:41 PM »
Most likely.  Can't allow anything that shows Antifa's true colors.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2020, 04:46:38 PM »
The Idea of Peace
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2020, 05:01:55 PM »
Not the original video, but interesting...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GK2ozKvv9xU
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2020, 05:21:03 PM »
Somedays, you have to wonder.

I generally assume most of these riots and protests will eventually die down and peter out, like most all eventually do.  Maybe there will be some new and revised laws that come of it, possibly some restructuring of law enforcement organizations, maybe some new approaches to law enforcement policy.

But eventually, things go back toward normal.  Protests and riots happen from time to time.  The list is long, and things eventually go back to normal and plod along.  Will that happen here?  Seems likely, from this historical perspective.

But every now and then, it's the start of something bigger.  The embassy staff in tehran surly didn't think the student protest they watched in November of 1979 was the start of a revolution.  It was just another protest.  Did the Italians realize that the March on Rome would usher in Mussolini as a fascist dictator?  Did average Russians, seeing the protests and demonstrations leading up to the February revolution, think it would end with a bullet in the tsar's head and a marxist government?

Somedays... you have to wonder.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2020, 06:01:36 PM »
He brings up a point about positively ID'ing your target and what lies beyond them.  I respect that, but at some point, does it matter?  (serious question) The entire mob becomes your target.  

I don't wanna Internet tough guy it, and I'm sure these marines handled it better than I would.  (they survived)  Someday a mob is going to attack some someone who says to themself "this is a good day to die" and sees just how many bastards they can take to hell with them.  (a body count of about 50 would be impressive)  Then I'm sure the media and local authorities will label them a terrorist and the mob "peaceful protestors" :barf:

ETA: Actually there is one area where I would have done better than them; I know I'm a fat old guy and would be outnumbered, so I never would have knowingly gone there.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 06:55:26 PM by zxcvbob »
"It's good, though..."

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2020, 08:34:49 PM »
As a former Marine, I like to think I'm somewhat disciplined.  I don't think I'm that disciplined.

I respect that, but at some point, does it matter?  (serious question) The entire mob becomes your target. 

I'm afraid that's what would be going through my mind.  Those closest to me are now the enemy, and their body will hopefully stop the bullet from hitting those behind them.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2020, 08:57:28 PM »
Why in the everloving *expletive deleted*ck would you go to Portland? Why in the everloving *expletive deleted*ck would you want to be a police officer of any kind in that area???? I’ve seen what’s on the internet for months now, how the rioters are running the city and the police are the whipping boys and not allowed to do jack *expletive deleted*it. You gotta be out of your *expletive deleted*ing MIND to go into that kind of place much less seek a job as a police officer there. Holy *expletive deleted*it talk about dumb *expletive deleted*ing ideas of the century
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2020, 09:42:03 PM »
As a former Marine, I like to think I'm somewhat disciplined.  I don't think I'm that disciplined.

I'm afraid that's what would be going through my mind.  Those closest to me are now the enemy, and their body will hopefully stop the bullet from hitting those behind them.

Same.  No internet tough guy intended,  but under the same circumstances I'd probably have said screw it,  Butch and Sundance time.

Hell,  you want impressive restraint?  Look no further than that kid from Wisconsin.  He was well within what I would've considered "deathblossom, shoot everyone trying to kill me" territory.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2020, 10:17:26 PM »
I really think that’s what they want to happen. Someone going all out and laying duded down so they can demonize the shooter and all for their personal gain.  Like they’re willing to sacrifice a few to say “man with gun is bad”....

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2020, 10:35:24 PM »
While that may be true, I'm not willing or going to stand there and play dodge ball with head sized rocks, or let someone get in their cardio by using me as their punching/kicking bag.

I will do everything in my power to stay out of those situations.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2020, 10:57:55 PM »
I really think that’s what they want to happen. Someone going all out and laying duded down so they can demonize the shooter and all for their personal gain.  Like they’re willing to sacrifice a few to say “man with gun is bad”....

I'd like to think that that scenario would be a watershed moment,  and anything similar going forward would be met with more of the same.

That said I wouldn't be caught dead at a counter protest or rally.  I refuse to play by their rules,  and will happily shoot them when the time comes.  Playing reindeer games in the streets is for younger men.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.