Author Topic: The Right to Bear Arms in Nigeria  (Read 899 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
The Right to Bear Arms in Nigeria
« on: September 07, 2021, 02:37:13 PM »
Nigerian citizens are protesting for their right to bear arms:

Another protestor, Ms. Martha David, who said she lost family members to attacks, accused the government of deliberately exposing citizens to violence.

“They say we should not carry arms yet they have not shown commitment to protect us. If you carry a cutlass to defend yourself even during armed attack, the government will arrest you, but those who kill with AK-47s are still free out there, and when you talk they come after you,” said David.

Determined to secure their villages, leaders of a local Irigwe tribe in the Bassa county of Plateau State on 2 Sep rejected a government-proposed “peace deal” with the local Fulani chiefs, opting for self-help against attacks.

More at:

https://www.theepochtimes.com/in-nigeria-sectarian-killings-spark-protests-for-right-to-bear-arms_3985693.html
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
Re: The Right to Bear Arms in Nigeria
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2021, 03:47:13 PM »
Good luck to them.

I can't see most of the article.  Is this similar to some of the Muslim attacks/raids we have talked about in the past?  (might have been a different country)
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2021, 04:27:42 PM »
I worked with a doc that was Nigerian. He is an avid big game hunter. He had components for reloading in his 40ft container when he moved back several years ago. He was arrested, items taken, customs corruption exposed, just an all around good time in Nigeria. I think he was finally able to bribe his stuff back.

His dream was to build a hospital there to take care of people. I was offered the opportunity to go, I said.... I think not. ;)

bob

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2021, 05:40:48 PM »
“They say we should not carry arms yet they have not shown commitment to protect us.

Well, that's kind of the problem all over, isn't it.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2021, 05:52:04 PM »
Well, that's kind of the problem all over, isn't it.

As is the second part of that, where not only will they not protect you, they'll also throw you in the klink.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2021, 06:16:29 PM »
As is the second part of that, where not only will they not protect you, they'll also throw you in the klink.

Just like Portland.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2021, 05:16:08 AM »
Good luck to them.

I can't see most of the article.  Is this similar to some of the Muslim attacks/raids we have talked about in the past?  (might have been a different country)

Nigeria is just one of several countries dealing with that in Africa
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2021, 08:05:23 AM »
We need gun control because Nigeria has gun control, and it works so very well.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2021, 10:35:13 AM »
We need gun control because Nigeria has gun control, and it works so very well.
Maybe our BAT men can share methods with Nigeria's Bureau of Spirits, Smokes, and Spears.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2021, 10:40:29 AM »
Maybe they should start having gun buybacks. I mean they work so well in places like Chicago, DC, St. Louis..................
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2021, 10:50:45 AM »
Maybe our BAT men can share methods with Nigeria's Bureau of Spirits, Smokes, and Spears.
That would be AFT to the likes of you.   =D

I do like the BSSS department.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge