Author Topic: LAPD is demading social media info and Social Security numbers from people..  (Read 1800 times)

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
Re: LAPD is demading social media info and Social Security numbers from people..
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2021, 02:52:59 PM »
Is it linked to your Tik-Tok?

Here's my Tik-Tok:

A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: LAPD is demading social media info and Social Security numbers from people..
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2021, 03:39:58 PM »
Here's the original tik-toker:

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2021, 11:16:10 PM »
On the back of my SSN card it explicitly states the number is not to be used for identification.  So much for that regulation.
Of course, my card is the original I received in 1972 or thereabouts.  I don't know if current cards stipulate that.

My card says that as well but it is so old that it has the address I had when I was NINE !!
Of course, guess what my college used for their ID number.
  :facepalm:
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2021, 06:51:52 AM »
Your SSN was also your driver license number a while back in Ky before they changed it after people complained. They would even mail out renewal notices with your SSN printed on the outside of the envelope  :facepalm:
« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 08:42:58 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2021, 08:11:29 AM »
Virginia also used the SSN as a license number, but at least gave you the option of opting out and getting an unrelated number, which I did.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2021, 09:51:06 AM »
Not even Medicare uses your SSN as your Medicare number any more.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain