Author Topic: More madness from Seattle  (Read 4440 times)

griz

• friend
Re: More madness from Seattle
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2020, 04:15:38 PM »
That's amazing.  Takes redistribution of wealth to a new level.  I wonder how one would go about "proving" poverty?  If my wallet was stolen does that temporary poverty give me a free pass even though I have money in the bank?
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2020, 04:18:58 PM »
That's amazing.  Takes redistribution of wealth to a new level.  I wonder how one would go about "proving" poverty?  If my wallet was stolen does that temporary poverty give me a free pass even though I have money in the bank?

Are you caucasian?   Then I think you know the answer.

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2020, 04:48:58 PM »
Are you caucasian?   Then I think you know the answer.

They'll use Liquid Paper, AKA white-out, to obscure your name on the deed.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2021, 08:10:39 PM »
Flipping mad

“When the arbiters of justice serve the false gods of white supremacy, they are not worthy of the power they wield,” Holmberg writes. “If police protection and restraint extend only to white people, they are no longer guardians; they are mercenaries and zealots, paid in the wages of white privilege, inflicting their wicked commandments upon us.”

Holmberg then ties cops to the Jan. 6 riot, which Holmberg says resulted from an unnamed “organized domestic white power terrorist cell (or cells).”

Seattle official sends out all-staff email accusing cops of serving ‘the false gods of white supremacy,’ ‘inflicting their wicked commandments upon us’
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/06/09/seattle-official-sends-out-all-staff-email-accusing-cops-of-serving-the-false-gods-of-white-supremacy-inflicting-their-wicked-commandments-upon-us/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2021, 10:02:35 PM »
Flipping mad

Seattle official sends out all-staff email accusing cops of serving ‘the false gods of white supremacy,’ ‘inflicting their wicked commandments upon us’
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/06/09/seattle-official-sends-out-all-staff-email-accusing-cops-of-serving-the-false-gods-of-white-supremacy-inflicting-their-wicked-commandments-upon-us/

As John McWhorter has told us a hundred times, "anti-racism" is a religion.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2021, 07:51:27 AM »
What surprises me is that the whole of the Seattle PD hasn't walked off the job. They're losing officers at a dramatic rate.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2021, 09:08:18 AM »
What surprises me is that the whole of the Seattle PD hasn't walked off the job. They're losing officers at a dramatic rate.
There were reports last year that the PD's in all those cities were seeing a huge increase in retirement requests.  I imagine most all of them have resumes out to neighboring suburban departments and elsewhere.  The concern I have heard mentioned is that any cops who would refuse dictatorial orders will be gone before long replaced by cops that will do whatever the leadership wants. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2021, 10:59:11 AM »
That's still going on. Seattle, in particular, has been really hard hit. They're down a couple hundred officers right now, hiring is at a virtual standstill, and they're set to lose a lot more officers this year through retirement and intent-to-separate notifications, and it's not going to get any better if the council keeps up with crap like this.

Crime has been skyrocketing in Seattle, and it's only a matter of time the way things are going that law enforcement largely breaks down in Seattle.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2021, 11:17:16 AM »
I have been interested to see the stories in the local media about the number of new lateral hires in Snohomish county law enforcement from Seattle.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2021, 11:22:20 AM »
That's still going on. Seattle, in particular, has been really hard hit. They're down a couple hundred officers right now, hiring is at a virtual standstill, and they're set to lose a lot more officers this year through retirement and intent-to-separate notifications, and it's not going to get any better if the council keeps up with crap like this.

Crime has been skyrocketing in Seattle, and it's only a matter of time the way things are going that law enforcement largely breaks down in Seattle.
Does Seattle do the cash-less bail or at least have they increasingly let suspected felons loose on low or no bail?

The judges in Houston have increasingly done that and Houston is seeing more crime.  I have heard it is the bail issue along with very generous plea bargains.  I need to keep up with local news a bit more.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2021, 11:27:33 PM »

As you might expect, this "attitude" isn't limited to Seattle.
The new mayor of St. Louis, Tishara Jones, is still talking about taking money from the SLPD for more "social programs" and not filling the nearly 200 vacancies in the rank & file officers.  She is getting flak from many residents in north St. Louis, the predominately poor/black section, as they are complaining about the increasing levels of crime and the obvious lack of police in their neighborhoods.
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2021, 07:52:43 AM »
Washington, DC, is in the same position. The force has lost something like 200 officers since the beginning of 2019, and no new officers have been retired. Even worse, the 2022 budget has NO funds for hiring new officers.

It's looking right now like another 100+ officers will separate by the time 2022 rolls around.

DC was in something of a similar position back in the 1970s and 1980s (for very different reasons) with a concomitant spike in crime rates, especially murder rates. It took a court various court orders to get them hiring again, including court orders that dropped the qualifications... It was an unmitigated disaster. A fair number of new police officers had criminal records, and continued their criminal activity while on the job. Huge scandals. And, around the same time, DC switched to Glocks from revolvers... and cut training budgets to the bone. Another unmitigated disaster as unintentional shootings SKYROCKETED. The city ended up paying out millions in settlements.

A lot of cities are on the same path, and it's going to take decades to sort out. We're quickly moving back into the situation in the 1970s where criminals ruled many of the major US cities and residents who could fled to the suburbs. 

grampster

• friend
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2021, 12:55:01 PM »

A lot of cities are on the same path, and it's going to take decades to sort out. We're quickly moving back into the situation in the 1970s where criminals ruled many of the major US cities and residents who could fled to the suburbs.

And the guns will get the blame.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2021, 03:06:27 PM »
Houston had 400 people murdered last year.  They are at 199 as of early June from what I just got from a search.  Wrong direction for that one to move. 

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/crime/article/Houston-surpasses-decade-high-for-murders-15716892.php
This link has a chart of historical murder data, but a subscription pop up keeps blocking me.  However, it looks like we haven't see 400 or more since the early 90's. 

HankB

• friend
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2021, 09:25:17 AM »
And in a recent story in the newspaper, fact checker Politifact (perhaps it should be fact twister Politifake) went through all kinds of verbal contortions to argue that concluding anti-cop actions by democrats in democrat cities really can't be blamed as the cause of rising crime there.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2021, 10:00:03 AM »
And in a recent story in the newspaper, fact checker Politifact (perhaps it should be fact twister Politifake) went through all kinds of verbal contortions to argue that concluding anti-cop actions by democrats in democrat cities really can't be blamed as the cause of rising crime there.

They don't need to go through verbal contortions. They can just come out and say that it's "Extremist white supremacy - the greatest danger to the US today."
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2021, 08:17:40 AM »
And the cycle continues

Rantz: After defunding and demonizing police, Seattle council blames chief for mass exodus
https://mynorthwest.com/3080850/rantz-after-defunding-and-demonizing-police-council-blames-chief-for-mass-exodus/?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2021, 10:33:02 AM »
Actions (and speaking words counts as actions) have consequences -- even for Democrats.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2021, 12:06:23 PM »
And not drag the rest of us down with them

I suddenly got the image in my head of a Gravity Well.

I wonder if there's a Leftist Well as well.

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2021, 02:43:47 PM »
Did you just assume my physics?!
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

just Warren

• friend
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2021, 02:58:24 PM »
Is Brownian motion Physics of Color?

HankB

• friend
« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2021, 06:25:15 PM »
Is Brownian motion Physics of Color?
RAINBOWS are Physics of Color!!
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

230RN

• friend
« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2021, 02:54:29 PM »
^ Boy, that took a bit of highlighting and [-ing].

just Warren

• friend
« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2021, 02:59:47 PM »
It's Roy G. Biv approved!

230RN

• friend
« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2021, 03:18:38 PM »
I always used VIBGYOR just to be a jerk.  Now stop !  I know what you're thinking !

Thought trigger:  I suddenly remembered my father teaching me the resistor (and others) color code.

Stop me before I thread drift again !

Black, brown, red, orange, yellow... that's all I remember offhand.

Stop me !  Stop me !

« Last Edit: September 07, 2021, 03:33:32 PM by 230RN »