Author Topic: gab.com  (Read 2192 times)

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
gab.com
« on: November 07, 2020, 12:07:07 AM »
Was suggested to me by a friend.  Basically Twitter without the censorship.  Has anyone else here tried it?

Apparently the Gab mobile app is not in the usual app stores, ostensibly because they refuse to censor as Apple and Google demand, but it is available: https://help.gab.com/article/gab-mobile-app

Visa, Paypal, and most other payment processors have banned them, so they rely on eChecks and Bitcoin and the like for support.

Given how Twitter and Facebook are stifling opinions which they dislike, I thought it might be worth a test-drive.

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
Re: gab.com
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2020, 12:10:11 AM »
It's Ok but hasn't "taken off". Surprise, I'm "HeroHog" on there.
https://gab.com/HeroHog
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

p12

• friend
  • I SEE NOISES!!
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2020, 06:50:46 AM »
Do we know who is behind gab?

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2020, 08:45:31 AM »
Do we know who is behind gab?

Andrew Torba

Don't know much about him or what he is about other than he considers himself a free speech absolutist.

Gab hasn't attracted all the big guns of politics and media but is positioned well if twitter melts down completely.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2020, 10:22:07 AM »
Was suggested to me by a friend.  Basically Twitter without the censorship.  Has anyone else here tried it?

Apparently the Gab mobile app is not in the usual app stores, ostensibly because they refuse to censor as Apple and Google demand, but it is available: https://help.gab.com/article/gab-mobile-app

Visa, Paypal, and most other payment processors have banned them, so they rely on eChecks and Bitcoin and the like for support.

Given how Twitter and Facebook are stifling opinions which they dislike, I thought it might be worth a test-drive.

Had an account.  If it's like Twitter, I guess Twitter is something I don't "get".  Anyway, Gab seems to have forgotten I ever had an account.

May try it again.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2020, 07:49:48 PM »
Mine is still there idling...
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2020, 08:02:04 PM »
PS: there is still Minds https://www.minds.com/herohog/
MOLON LABE!

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2020, 08:08:47 PM »
MOLON LABE!

Calumus

• friend
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2020, 09:32:10 AM »
I went Parler this week. Other than the Epochtimes triple and quadruple posting all of their stories, I'm happy with it so far.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2021, 07:27:36 PM »
I'm not much of a Twitter guy, so I never bothered with Gab before, either. I didn't realize they are building their own ecosystem. They live on their own servers, and now have a browser (or at least a variant of Brave), and are supposed to bring out a phone, at some point.

All I had ever heard about Gab was basically, "it's uncensored, but all the racists!" So I was prepared for some ugly talk when I first logged on. Instead, it's like a revival meeting in there. The CEO is talking about building a Christian economy in the Red States.

Very interesting. Not sure how seriously to take some of the things Gab is talking about.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2021, 11:58:24 AM »
It’s Time To Build Our Own Economy

The problem with the American Populist movement is that it was centralized.

Centralized movements give the enemy a central attack vector to target and overcome. One man, who took on the weight of the world, became the sole focus of both the enemy and of the American Populist movement itself for over five years.

The oligarchs removed that one man from the entire internet, then they removed him from office. Everyone knows this, we all watched it happen. What no one has clearly defined is where American Populism goes from here.

The oligarchs believe that they have destroyed American Populism by rigging an election, removing the movement’s leader from public view, and by forcing everyone to stay locked inside for a year while the country burns down around us all.

They think they have won and want to define “New Normal” under their rule as they consolidate power. What they don’t realize is that they have recruited tens of millions of Americans to the side of reason, light, and Truth. Many millions of these people didn’t even vote for Donald Trump, but they recognize what is happening to our country and want to stop it.

Over the course of the past year I’ve seen comments across the internet become increasingly “red pilled” and aware of the Big Lies being pushed by the corporate media and frauds in government. It turns out that keeping people locked inside on the internet for an entire year ends up illuminating a lot of minds.

The People are learning what the real problem is: the globalist oligarchs. Not any one politician. Not this political party or that one. The entire system is corrupt. Banks, tech companies, media companies, schools, government, and on and on.

We must exit this broken and failing system and start building a new one immediately. We are not revolutionaries. We are not violent. We are reformers. We are builders. When we up and leave the existing system in favor of our own the existing system will crumble without us lifting a finger.

“You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.”― Buckminster Fuller

The way around centralized problems in the movement is to decentralize American Populism at the local level. In order to take our country back and move forward with the American Populist movement we must first take our local communities back. Here are several examples of this happening across the country:

Big Tech’s Unlikely Next Battleground: North Dakota

Montana Bill Would Designate Antifa as Domestic Terrorism

Florida restaurant goes viral for ‘face diapers not required’ mask policy

We must build our own economy. Here’s how.

Pull your positions out of their useless stock market and buy bitcoin, gold, silver, food stores, and ammo. Bitcoin is free speech money. Learn what it is and how to use it. Now.

National elections are a big distraction. Members of Congress are bought and sold like cattle by the oligarchs, foreign nations, and whoever has the money. Instead center your focus on getting American Populists and Christian men and women elected mayor, to state legislatures, as judges, on school boards, etc.

Cut the cable cord. That includes both Fox and CNN. Do not watch it. Do something else with your time and money. Support alternative media outlets and individuals. Get that garbage marxist indoctrination content machine our of your home and away from your family.

Exit the Big Tech mind prison. Join Gab.

If your church has gone “woke,” leave. We have room for only one Gospel in Christian churches and that’s the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Not the imitation false gospel of “social justice.”

Leave Big Banks for local community banks.

Start supporting small local shops.

Create pro-family, pro-business, and pro-law and order policies for your local area. We can’t control DC, but we can control what happens in our backyards.

Pull your kids out of public schools where their minds are being molded at the altar of marxism. Do everything and anything you can to homeschool or attend Christian private schools or online schooling programs.

Pay attention to the brands you buy and support. Check out their websites and marketing. If they are “woke,” stop giving them your money. Period.

We must also work to unite American Populists on the left and the right. What unites the left and right wing populists, and Americans in general, is Jesus Christ.

The transhumanist nihilists and their technocracy are offering nothing of spiritual value. The Gospel Message of Jesus Christ, and that of American Populism, is one of redemption, hope, love, dominion, sovereignty, freedom and forgiveness. None of these things are possible with critical theory or woke consumer crony capitalism paired with a corporate techno tyranny.

What are you waiting for?

Let’s get to work, we have a new economy to build.

Andrew Torba
CEO, Gab.com
Jesus is King

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2021, 10:05:04 AM »
This all looks good to me. One question; is belief in "The Gospel Message of Jesus Christ" required for all members of the movement?
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2021, 11:38:09 AM »
Well, it a call for Christians to build parallel institutions and stop supporting the enemies of America and Christianity.

These institutions are to be overtly Christian and overtly rightwing in design and practice.

My suspicion is that they will be open to any and all for use. There no doubt will be a "purity test" as well as competence test for anyone wanting to be in a leadership role or bring their institution into the fold. Maybe along the lines of the Amish model of separation.

Just speculating though, as I'm not in the "movement". I bop around and read some alt right and neoreaction blogs but have my own thoughts on things.

I didn't even know Torba was a Christian until I signed up on gab.

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2021, 01:29:31 PM »
I didn't mean to be flippant, it just seems like there's a lot of overlap between Chrisitan and populist/maga/conservative/right-wing thinkers.
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2021, 01:34:43 PM »
This all looks good to me. One question; is belief in "The Gospel Message of Jesus Christ" required for all members of the movement?

It doesn't seem like it, but I don't know. A better question might be, how far will people like Torba trust a non-believer?

I've been thinking lately about the bugbear of creeping Christofascism they kept telling us to fear (right up until the point they started praising Biden for being a great man of the faith). Seems obvious at this point we were much more free back in the 90s, when it was the Christians getting movies pulled from theaters, among other nascent forms of cancelation.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2021, 10:57:18 PM »
Now Greg Abbot, of all people, has to call out Gab for "anti-Semitism."  ;/ And someone in the TX GOP leadership decided to join in with him.  :facepalm:

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/texas-gop-stands-with-free-speech-platform-gab-against-greg-abbott-and-rino-vice-chair/

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2021, 10:06:34 AM »
I signed up with Gab a while ago specifically to get Dissenter. Any site where the comments are locked has all the comments you ever wanted. I'm using the Brave/Chrome extension, it's been removed from Mozilla's addon site. If anyone wants it I have it for both Chrome and Firefox,

https://dissenter.com/
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2021, 10:13:19 AM »
The Abbott thing is a bit disappointing. I'll give him benefit of the doubt that maybe he doesn't have accurate info, but that only goes if he corrects his original statement, which sounds RINO.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2021, 10:38:22 AM »
Race realism, the "Jew question" and nationalism will put a huge target on your back.

Gab doesn't censor any of the three. My experience is I rarely see the first two but a lot of the third. If you go looking for it I'm sure there is plenty of the first two.

Torba is a brave man.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2021, 11:35:55 PM »
Gab members bring up valid points.  Why are so many of our 2A enemies Jews?  Like a disproportionate amount of the prominent ones?

Before I knew better, I used to toe the "our greatest ally" line.  That doesn't stand up to scrutiny once you actually start looking at it and asking questions.

Dianne Goldman Berman Feinstein and Schumer can both die in a fire.  Until fairly recently I never really made the connection of religion/race and hostility to the Second Amendment.

Before it's mentioned,  yes I'm aware of JPFO.  They seem to be an aberration in this context.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2021, 11:39:01 PM »
So a man posted to Gab before he murdered innocents at a synagogue, two-and-a-half years ago. That's held up as evidence that Gab is anti-Semitic.

But isn't every mass killing immediately followed by a deep dive into the killers' posts on Twitter/Facebook/YouTube?

Not that it's a double standard or anything...

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2021, 11:42:45 PM »
Gab members bring up valid points.  Why are so many of our 2A enemies Jews?  Like a disproportionate amount of the prominent ones?

Before I knew better, I used to toe the "our greatest ally" line.  That doesn't stand up to scrutiny once you actually start looking at it and asking questions.

Dianne Goldman Berman Feinstein and Schumer can both die in a fire.  Until fairly recently I never really made the connection of religion/race and hostility to the Second Amendment.

Before it's mentioned,  yes I'm aware of JPFO.  They seem to be an aberration in this context.

Looking at ethnicity is a trap. It's not Jews or blacks or browns that are the problem. It's Leftists, or globalists, or whatever you want to call them. Jewish lefties and Protestant lefties and black lefties and white lefties and Malaysian lefties. A lefty is a lefty.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2021, 11:54:31 PM »
Looking at ethnicity is a trap. It's not Jews or blacks or browns that are the problem. It's Leftists, or globalists, or whatever you want to call them. Jewish lefties and Protestant lefties and black lefties and white lefties and Malaysian lefties. A lefty is a lefty.

Again,  my focus is on our prominent enemies, not a broad stroke coloring the whole.

I get that ideology transcends all the rest,  but why are so many Jews against our specific right to bear arms?

"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2021, 08:20:44 AM »
Again,  my focus is on our prominent enemies, not a broad stroke coloring the whole.

I get that ideology transcends all the rest,  but why are so many Jews against our specific right to bear arms?
By naming a couple, have you in fact demonstrated that they are?
Would another arbitrary group (say, women, or holders of advanced degrees) be any less anti-gun?

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2021, 08:43:19 PM »
While the broad categories, Jew, Black, Gay, etc.. can be helpful they can also obfuscate the problems.

The broad categories and supposed "discrimination" against them are used as smoke screens and shields for the graft or angle that some in their group (along with other allies) that they're working.

The grifters will use tribal identity politics against the majority.

Diversity + proximity = conflict ... every single time.

Diversity is not our strength by any means, but we better figure out how to survive with it because it isn't going anywhere.