Author Topic: Pheasant and noodle soup tonight  (Read 1486 times)

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Pheasant and noodle soup tonight
« on: November 09, 2020, 11:29:48 AM »
Pressure cooked pheasant with my collection of spices the other day. Deboned, strained and reserved the broth.

This am, in a heavy bottom pot with lid on and stirring regularly, sautéed onions, carrots and celery in olive oil with salt and pepper until the onion was translucent and carrots/celery were easy to cut with a fork. Added a qt of vegetable broth, brought to a boil for 30 minutes. While that was boiling I put the pheasant stock in a crock pot, I had about a pint. When the veggie mix was done I added that to the crock pot, scraping the pot and deglazing the best I could with a little bit of veggie broth and that went in the crockpot. I added the pheasant meat, thyme, rosemary and a couple bay leaves. Going to let this stew all day on low, crank it on high to bring up to a boil 60-70 minutes before eating and about 45 minutes before it's time to serve, dump in a bag of wide thick egg noodles.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Kingcreek

• friend
Re: Pheasant and noodle soup tonight
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2020, 02:17:32 PM »
Sounds good! Around here, pheasant stroganoff and pheasant stir fry are favorites.
We have pheasants fly in at night to roost in our 17 acre patch of tall prairie grass. Getting them to fly out of that morass and finding them after shot is nigh impossible without a good dog. Sadly, I am dogless at this time.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Pheasant and noodle soup tonight
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2020, 02:20:00 PM »
Mmmmmmm.....
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.