Author Topic: Black Rifle Coffee Company is in a sh!tstorm.  (Read 6852 times)

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Black Rifle Coffee Company is in a sh!tstorm.
« on: November 23, 2020, 07:50:43 PM »
Have you seen this?

The summary:

Kyle Rittenhouse made bail this weekend.  A photo was taken of him while he was wearing a BRCC t-shirt.  Some internet site posted the photo and added the caption, "Kyle Rittenhouse drinks the best coffee in the world."  That site also linked the photo to a company that does advertising for BRCC.  The ad-linked photo found it's way out into public and some people on the left had a meltdown of the cancel-culture variety.

BRCC heard about it and asked the ad company to remove the ad, not the photo, because BRCC did not want to make any money off of the incident/tragedy in Kenosha.  So now the right-wingers are claiming that BRCC is hanging Rittenhouse out to dry.

As per the usual SOP, someone has doxxed the CEO, Evan Hafer, and discovered that he has made financial contributions to Tulsi Gabbard and Barack Obama, and one other Democrat whose name I forget.  Whether those donations were actually made by him or by someone using his name is unclear.

So now, leftists hate (still, but more) BRCC for supporting Kyle Rittenhouse and the conservatives hate BRCC for not supporting Rittenhouse while they also hate Evan Hafer for donating to democrats.

Monster thread on AR15.com.   https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/BRCC-Black-Rifle-Coffee-Company-Bends-The-Knee-Updated-23NOV-1400hrs-/5-2394381/
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Fly320s

• friend
Re: Black Rifle Coffee Company is in a sh!tstorm.
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2020, 07:59:55 PM »

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2020, 08:00:24 PM »
Meh.

[Siiiiiiiiip]

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2020, 08:04:43 PM »
If people really want to get mad at BRCC for being sellouts, it should be over them now selling *expletive deleted*ing pumpkin spice coffee.  =D
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2020, 08:09:06 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVhB0YCdQMc

If there really were donations to Obama, Tulsi, and Act Blue, he might have shot himself in the foot.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2020, 08:14:57 PM »

If there really were donations to Obama, Tulsi, and Act Blue, he might have shot himself in the foot.

The Tulsi donation I could see. The others, not so much. 320's link indicates various stuff on the Obama one from 'lost a bet" to photoshopped.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2020, 09:14:06 PM »
It was just clever marketing, that's all.

A lot folks see the populist movement as a money making opportunity.

Left wing companies (nearly all) go to bat for the left at the drop of a hat. The support for BLM was over the top and insane.

Expecting a company marketing to right wingers to actually embrace the rightwing causes is naive.

It's all about the Benjamins. Nothing personal, just business.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Fly320s

• friend
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2020, 09:49:35 PM »
The Rittenhouse angle doesn't bother me at all.  Whether BRCC supports Rittenhouse or not is irrelevant, but if Hafer donated money to gun-grabbing leftists, that is something entirely different.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2020, 10:24:00 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZKu8ivci6k
Johnny B put up a video about it.  Sounds like BRCC got off on the wrong foot about the original post having an affiliate discount link in it.  Sounds like it got more confusing from there. 

These companies would be better off just saying nothing. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2020, 10:39:58 PM »

These companies would be better off just saying nothing.  

My first thought also.

When you name your company Black Rifle Coffee Company the media will never be your friend or spin things your way.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2020, 01:16:52 AM »

He didn't have to make any statement at all. So Rittenhouse has a Black Rifle shirt. If a guy wearing a Ford or Chevrolet teel shirt holds up a bank, does the CEO of Ford or Chevy feel like they have to make a public announcement to "distance" themselves from someone who has never had any affiliation with the company other than maybe having bought the company's product?

Dumb.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Chester32141

• friend
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2021, 07:54:05 AM »

In his interview with The New York Times, Evan Hafer decided to ‘roast’ some of their loyal customers by denouncing supporters of Kyle Rittenhouse and “racist Proud-Boyish people”.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/07/americas-coffee-owner-popular-black-rifle-coffee-calls-customers-racists-worst-american-society-hate/
"The best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter...... "

Photos
CBs Hawg Sauce

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2021, 08:28:53 AM »
From an Interview with the NYT.
I would like to hear this coming out of his mouth and not from something the NYT said he said in a hit piece considering their reputation for twisting and making stuff up before I get my feathers ruffled.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2021, 08:45:42 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2021, 10:01:15 AM »
Cater to your friends, not your enemies.  The company should remember that.   ;/
« Last Edit: July 18, 2021, 05:00:31 PM by Pb »

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2021, 10:35:54 AM »
Well, the left wing news sources like Salon and Daily Beast are certainly having a good schadenfreude time with it. With both left and right wing news quoting him, I would say that, whether you think it's a big deal or not,  what he said in the NYT is accurate.

I don't know why BRCC would agree to an interview with the NYT. I would guess that if any NYT readership drinks BRCC, it's like 0.05%.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2021, 03:36:21 PM »
Part of why I like BRCC and their crew is that they don't give a damn.  Don't care about political correctness (go watch their videos).  They have fun.  Shoot guns.  Eat meat.  Love America.  I could care less what they think about Rittenhouse.  I know they aren't white supremacist (half of their crew are black or Hispanic).  I'll keep spending my money on their products.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2021, 04:38:36 PM »
Part of why I like BRCC and their crew is that they don't give a damn.  Don't care about political correctness (go watch their videos).  They have fun.  Shoot guns.  Eat meat.  Love America.  I could care less what they think about Rittenhouse.  I know they aren't white supremacist (half of their crew are black or Hispanic).  I'll keep spending my money on their products.

I don't care about his opinion on Rittenhouse - everyone is entitled to one. I DO care to find out if he did in fact call ME a racist white supremacist for supporting Rittenhouse's actions defending himself, or for thinking that the Proud Boys are NOT a white supremacist group. 

Costco has pretty diametrically opposed opinions on stuff to me, but they have never called me names, nor told me they hate me and don't want my business. They have their opinions, I have mine, and as long as we can respect each other, I continue to shop there. If BRCC actually hates me, I'm happy to oblige them and take my business elsewhere.

The other thing that would keep me from doing business with them is this:

If true, that is no different than the people who fold on the "OK" sign, who I also have zero respect for.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2021, 05:06:21 PM »
So my lack of enthusiasm for the BRCC folks may now become fashionable? I should have made a bunch of hate-posts about them, so I could have been ahead of the curve. Dang it!
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2021, 05:09:19 PM »
So do we do cancel culture now?  Or is that still a woke thing?  I never remember.

*Buy the coffee, or don't by the coffee, no skin of my nose, but the NYT article smacks of trying to get other people not to buy the coffee, which is edging into cancel territory, if you ask me.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2021, 05:13:56 PM »
I can understand not wanting to be affiliated with an obviously political court case, and trying to avoid controversy on potential product artwork.

Donating money to Obama and Act Blue will get me to not purchase their products.

The owner of a company calling me a racist and/or white supremacist will get me to tell the people selling their coffee they will not see my money with it on their shelves.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2021, 05:42:13 PM »
So do we do cancel culture now?  Or is that still a woke thing?  I never remember.

*Buy the coffee, or don't by the coffee, no skin of my nose, but the NYT article smacks of trying to get other people not to buy the coffee, which is edging into cancel territory, if you ask me.

A lot of people are saying things like that now, whenever people on the right object to anything anyone's doing. On the one hand, it's true that there's some similarity to the left and right on this. I believe I said years ago, that the real problem with cancel culture is that it's being done by the wrong side, over the wrong issues. Aside from extreme measures, like mob violence, "cancelling" is a non-coercive, free-association tactic. We should use it more than the Left does, but for legitimate reasons; not because people refuse to go along with Left-wing sick-headedness.

On the other hand, if someone's just saying, "I won't buy your stuff or watch your videos, and no one else should, either," that's not cancel culture. That's just a good, old-fashioned boycott. For some reason, people whine about boycotts, too, so...
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2021, 05:47:32 PM »

To me, cancel culture is when I insist that no one support a company that has a different opinion than me. I generally don't do that, and Costco is only one example of me doing business with someone who disagrees with me.

If someone actually comes out and says that they hate me and would pay me to not do business with them (and we do need to verify that quote), that's not cancel culture - that's me using common sense. Why on Earth would I want to do business with someone who hates me?

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2021, 07:32:46 PM »
I haven't been able to have caffeine since I got the cancer. So a boycott don't mean crap to me. But they don't seem to give a crap to the point they never watched the video of what happened.

Maybe he wouldn't have been attacked if he didn't have the rifle or maybe he would have been shot anyway. We will never know.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2021, 08:07:36 PM »
I don't care about his opinion on Rittenhouse - everyone is entitled to one. I DO care to find out if he did in fact call ME a racist white supremacist for supporting Rittenhouse's actions defending himself, or for thinking that the Proud Boys are NOT a white supremacist group. 

Costco has pretty diametrically opposed opinions on stuff to me, but they have never called me names, nor told me they hate me and don't want my business. They have their opinions, I have mine, and as long as we can respect each other, I continue to shop there. If BRCC actually hates me, I'm happy to oblige them and take my business elsewhere.

The other thing that would keep me from doing business with them is this:

If true, that is no different than the people who fold on the "OK" sign, who I also have zero respect for.

Winner winner.

As usual,  you post what I think better than I ever could.

They should've stuck with coffee, guns and 'murica!

After this I'll not spend any more money with them, they clearly don't want it.  Hafer made that very clear ( and can blow me).
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.