Author Topic: Black Rifle Coffee Company is in a sh!tstorm.  (Read 6851 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Re: Black Rifle Coffee Company is in a sh!tstorm.
« Reply #50 on: July 20, 2021, 09:28:34 PM »
^^^Kopi Luwak! 

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2021, 09:39:08 PM »
Well at this point,  Haffer can go do something obscene with himself.

Really kind of sad.  I bought BRCC as a fun treat occasionally,  even got my wife gas grenade themed hot chocolate.  No more. 

Cancelled my sub and told them why,  though I doubt they care,  as I consider Rittenhouse justified in defending himself.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2021, 12:35:26 PM »
The damage control is immense. I had liked them on zuckbook so I see their sponsored posts. Comments scrubbed constantly.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #53 on: July 22, 2021, 06:00:09 PM »
The damage control is immense. I had liked them on zuckbook so I see their sponsored posts. Comments scrubbed constantly.

They've been really pushing their paid shills to vouch for them, as well, I've noticed.

I hate coffee, so I don't have a dog in this fight, but these betrayals are becoming less suprising.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #54 on: July 22, 2021, 06:10:17 PM »
Heard they hired the Rainbow Dildo Butt Monkey as their new spokesmanthing now that they're out of the closet
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #55 on: July 22, 2021, 06:22:19 PM »
Well, hard to argue with:
Why would it be termed as a "trick" to pander to the right to make money?  If that is the case, then the left is "tricked" all the time every hour of the day. 

I don't drink coffee and never bought anything from them.  I just watched their youtube videos sometimes because they were often funny.  IMO, they are just panicking because if you are going to pander to the right then make it public that you are a leftist idiot, it might not be so great for business. 

I had heard they were attempting to expand into brick and mortar stores.  Maybe they are now trying to pander to inner city coffee shop leftists. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #56 on: July 22, 2021, 06:37:33 PM »
They've been really pushing their paid shills to vouch for them, as well, I've noticed.

I hate coffee, so I don't have a dog in this fight, but these betrayals are becoming less suprising.

I see the shills. TL/DR you rubes are too gullible believe a hit piece from the NYT, defend murica, y’all!

They ignore the Actblue donations of Hafer and even if you think him giving to Tulsi was okay his head media execs are heavily donating to the left while running the over the top patriots shtick. I never can afford the coffee but I enjoy reading their Coffee or Die blog/magazine. Good journalism.
AKA Navy Joe   

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #57 on: July 22, 2021, 06:45:05 PM »
Why would it be termed as a "trick" to pander to the right to make money?  If that is the case, then the left is "tricked" all the time every hour of the day. 

I don't consider it so much of a trick. I, for instance, am a sucker for stuff with the snek on it, or patriotic sayings and whatnot. I think I'm not the only one, only we generally expect that companies that would market such stuff are similar to us, or at least empathetic to us, or at the very least, not openly hostile to us while marketing such things to us. They are often not, but do know how to market to us.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #58 on: July 23, 2021, 10:30:08 AM »
Say what you will about Starbucks but they have a really good French Roast.  Usually pick up a bag at Sam's. It even clean off the coffee pot stains left by other coffee. No I am not making that up.  =D
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #59 on: July 23, 2021, 02:31:13 PM »
It is possible to be a company with principles. Les Baer went to Iowa. Magpul warned Colorado and then left when they passed stupid laws. Ronnie Barrett...
AKA Navy Joe   

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2021, 02:54:31 PM »
Just when you though it couldn't get any dumber we get BRCC vs Alex Jones in a doxing war.
Cue the "Let them fight" memes

Black Rifle Coffee Company THREATENS To Dox Alex Jones!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkNbYvI087g
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2021, 03:46:47 PM »
It is possible to be a company with principles. Les Baer went to Iowa. Magpul warned Colorado and then left when they passed stupid laws. Ronnie Barrett...
Yes, but that is the exception not the rule.  I hope most companies are just indifferent, but many are not. 

If all I knew about a company was one of the lead guys was liberal, I doubt I would really care.  When he gets vocal and starts picking fights over it, that is just stupid.  Does he really think Alex Jones cares about his threats?  He just told a group of potential customers to F____ off for no good reason. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2021, 06:35:39 PM »
Just when you though it couldn't get any dumber we get BRCC vs Alex Jones in a doxing war.
Cue the "Let them fight" memes

Black Rifle Coffee Company THREATENS To Dox Alex Jones!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkNbYvI087g

Yeah, so those two chumps did not help BRCC at all. They basically did the same thing with "incel" that Hafner did with "proudboy-ish". They don't call out an actual group, but instead envelop the majority of their customers into those groups. They still don't get that to people like the NYT, anyone to the right of Stalin is a proud boy racist militia white supremacist. The guy in this podcast did the same thing, suggesting that anyone who questions them that isn't a brovet is an incel.

Here's one of those incels, who happens to be a black woman:

https://youtu.be/GxWdkE4biOk

She also posts a lot more of that podcast, and these two morons basically swapped out a shovel for a backhoe re: the hole digging. Absolutely childish attacks against anyone who questions their stance. Also they have been blocking tons of mainstream conservative bluechecks on twitter for, not attacks, but simple questions.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2022, 09:21:43 AM »
Well, it appears the "we don't want those people buying our stuff" thing didn't hurt BRCC much.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10632853/Conservative-coffee-brand-Black-Rifle-predicts-35-jump-revenue-drinkers-shun-Starbucks.html

As for me, the above article solidifies what I think about Hafer - that he's a grifter taking conservatives for a ride:

It was created in 2014 by Evan Hafer, a Jewish veteran who served in Iraq and Afghanistan as a Green Beret and a CIA contractor

He's now billing himself as a "Jewish veteran". Seems kinda woke to me. Of course if you're trying to grow outside of the community you originally billed yourself as focusing on, throwing in some woke designators will probably gain you business.

Anyway, I'm still doing what I mentioned earlier in this thread: I'm mostly off all these boutique brands and just buying local coffee that's as good or better for half the price. If I really want to support one of the 50,000 "veteran" coffee brands that seem to be popping up, there's at least three local ones that I could support.

"Jewish veteran". Gimme a break, man.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2022, 09:43:37 AM »
My stock's doing well.  Something's working.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #65 on: March 21, 2022, 09:47:00 AM »
Well everyone knows that Jewish veterans are the only ones who really know coffee...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #66 on: March 21, 2022, 12:21:17 PM »
So wait, you’re telling me that the Jews control the coffee market too?
AKA Navy Joe   

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #67 on: March 21, 2022, 01:09:54 PM »
My understanding is BRCC actually roasts the beans with the space laser.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #68 on: March 21, 2022, 01:26:24 PM »
My understanding is BRCC actually roasts the beans with the space laser.

Well, that explains the price. :P  =D

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #69 on: March 21, 2022, 02:05:37 PM »
I don't think the word has really gotten out about them. It seems like Yeti survived what should have been a Zumbo-ing of their brand, and BRCC has, too. I don't know about Yeti, but I think BRCC could still be sunk, if more gun-fluencers* and YouTubers and such spread the word.

*Did I just coin a word?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #70 on: March 21, 2022, 02:25:30 PM »
Yeah, interesting with Yeti.  I remember the very big to-do at the time, but I certainly see them all over the place, including in the gun oriented stores and community. I bet if you asked, not 1 out of 10 people today would know about the Yeti kerfuffle. Still way too overpriced for me though, even if they went fully pro-gun.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #71 on: March 21, 2022, 02:51:54 PM »
Yeti doing just fine with the fishing crowd that has to have $300 sunglasses and $1000 coolers and to go with the boat and truck that cost more than my house
AKA Navy Joe   

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #72 on: March 21, 2022, 02:59:10 PM »
Yeti doing just fine with the fishing crowd that has to have $300 sunglasses and $1000 coolers and to go with the boat and truck that cost more than my house

They're not there to fish and relax they're there to show everyone how rich they are.
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #73 on: March 21, 2022, 03:11:45 PM »
I'm not an angler, but Yeti's pretty popular amongst the guys in my shop that are.  Those guys definitely aren't rich.  More "Redneck Yacht Club" than "On a G6".   

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #74 on: March 21, 2022, 03:29:04 PM »
They're not there to fish and relax they're there to show everyone how rich they are.

That could also describe the guy who was at a range several years ago.

I went to visit a friend in another state for a weekend. He's a shooter, so I took my latest toy to show him -- a mil-surp Mauser 24/47 that I had  modified by removing the rear ladder sight and installing a Picatinny rail that attaches to the original sight base with no mods to the firearm itself. I had a cheap scope on it -- I think it was a 4x that I got from CDNN for around 50 bucks. I also had some Ecuadorian 8mm Mauser surplus ammo.

So we went to my friend's shooting club to try out the Mauser, and play with some of his guns. The range goes out to 200 yards, IIRC, and we were getting groups of around 4 to 5 inches at 200 yards. I was pleased.

A couple of stations over there was a guy with a mega-bucks rifle, topped by a scope that must have cost more than my Jeep (which was fairly new at the time), which he was shooting from a full-on lead sled shooting rest with micrometer adjustments. And with that setup his groups looked more like shotgun patterns. During a break when we went downrange to inspect and change targets, Mr. Bigbux saw my target and asked what I was shooting. When I told him it was a mil-surp Mauser with a $50 scope and mil-surp ammo, he just packed up and went home.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design