Author Topic: Mandalorian Politics  (Read 7563 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Mandalorian Politics
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2020, 11:55:17 AM »
Star Wars aka Ep IV: Saw in a theater first run 1977. Imperial forces were professional and rightfully feared.
ESB aka ep V: In theater first run. I consider this the best of all.
ROJ aka Ep VI: In theater first run: Lucas started to inject too much silly humor and everyone seem to be too Happy Happy Joy Joy in a war. Emperor = Wicked Witch of the West, could not take seriously. Imperial forces came across as a bunch of buffoons, clowns. Still enjoyable despite all that.

Ep I: Waited for rental DVD. Far too silly, couldn't take it seriously. Looking at you Jar-Jar.
Ep II: Waited for rental DVD. Boring. Hayden Christensen fell completely flat as Anakin, came across as a whiny brat, zero chemistry with Natalie Portman.
Ep III: Actually saw this in theater. Best of the prequels. Still the problem with Hayden Christensen though, still a whiny brat.  

Okay

VII: Can you say Mary Sue? An expert at everything she touches. Can even out fight a trained Jedi after only picking up a Light Saber for the first time only seconds before. I actually liked the actress but the character was flat and boring. Ford wasted. Hamill wasted. Fisher mostly wasted. John Boyega had potential but was largely used to move the Mary Sue along in other words wasted. Kylo is now an official Disney Princess. Took me 3 start and stops to finish it.

VIII: Now we have Mary Sue X 10 with all the women being perfect flawless Mary Sues. The men all useless idiots who would be smart if and only if they listened to the women. Got woke and preachy as **** in parts. Took at least 5 start and stops to finish but I forced myself to.

IX: Haven't seen it, don't plan to. What I have seen on Youtube tells me I'm not missing much.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2020, 12:20:28 PM »
So I am now wondering if I should watch the Clone Wars. I assume it is on streaming somewhere.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2020, 01:09:34 PM »
Fisher mostly wasted.

Yes she was, and not just on screen.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2020, 01:12:26 PM »
Clone wars and rebels are on Disney. I watched them both with my daughter well worth the time and if needed a one month subscription.

Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2020, 05:36:55 PM »
So I am now wondering if I should watch the Clone Wars. I assume it is on streaming somewhere.

Clone Wars is my favorite Star Wars at this point.   Like AZ said, it started off a little kid oriented/cartoony but the writing, animation, and story telling got a lot better.  Anakin's characterization in those show helps (helps, does not completely save) Hayden's performances.

I really think the later seasons of the Clone Wars are some of the best storytelling in Star Wars.  In particular Ashoka's arc and her journey from twerpy kid to awesome hero makes her one of my favorite SW characters.  It also shows what could have been done with Rey if they would have allowed any room for growth.

It's on Disney+

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2020, 05:45:52 PM »
The proper order to watch Star Wars movies is:
A new hope
Empire strikes back
Attack of the clones
Revenge of the sith
Return of the jedi

Rogue one and Clone wars were good, but not necessary for the story arc.
The only good thing about Phantom Menace was Maul. The rest was dumb, unnecessary, and detracted from the story.
7 and 8 were a waste of time, and I haven't seen 9 or Solo.
Then there was the Holiday Special and Ewok movies ...
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2020, 06:35:20 PM »
The holiday special is something I would make my daughter sit and watch.

Rouge One was the best movie since Empire. Double..
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2020, 12:03:07 PM »
The holiday special is something I would make my daughter sit and watch.

Child abuse?

Rouge One was the best movie since Empire. Double..

Yes.  I was quite surprised at how good it was.

Finally got around to watching The Mandalorian.  Only about halfway through the first season right now, but overall I'm pleased.  Gina Carano's badass merc character is fun to watch.

Best bit of dialogue so far:

"He was an Imperial sharpshooter."

"That's not saying much."

"I WASN'T A STORMTROOPER, WISEASS!!"
                         - Barack Obama

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2020, 12:11:16 PM »
Yes she was, and not just on screen.

IIRC she had cleaned up awhile back in that regard but the damage to her body was done.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2020, 03:52:18 PM »
IIRC she had cleaned up awhile back in that regard but the damage to her body was done.

From what I've read, she had heroin and cocaine in her system at the time of her death.

I don't know how long those drugs remain in one's system after using.
                         - Barack Obama

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2020, 04:56:05 PM »

I really think the later seasons of the Clone Wars are some of the best storytelling in Star Wars.  In particular Ashoka's arc and her journey from twerpy kid to awesome hero makes her one of my favorite SW characters.  It also shows what could have been done with Rey if they would have allowed any room for growth.

When was "heroine" excised from the English language, and are we supposed to embrace the new androgeny of the word "hero" or is it still okay in some circles to refer to a female protagonist as a heroine?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2020, 05:21:50 PM »
When was "heroine" excised from the English language, and are we supposed to embrace the new androgeny of the word "hero" or is it still okay in some circles to refer to a female protagonist as a heroine?

I don't know when.  That wasn't a conscious decision on my part to not use heroine, I just consider "Hero" to be gender neutral.

FWIW, when I googled the definition Oxford Dictionary agrees with me:

he·ro
/ˈhirō/
noun
a person who is admired or idealized for courage, outstanding achievements, or noble qualities.
"a war hero"

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2020, 11:31:47 PM »
I don't know when.  That wasn't a conscious decision on my part to not use heroine, I just consider "Hero" to be gender neutral.

FWIW, when I googled the definition Oxford Dictionary agrees with me:

I consider "hero" to be gender neutral.  "Heroine" is often a damsel in distress; almost more of a plot device than a real character.
"It's good, though..."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2020, 01:25:01 PM »
Came across something on YT that asked "What did the Ewoks do with the dead Storm Troopers?" Which is very good question considering they were just about to cook Han and Luke.
Page turn made me lose it but it's on YT somewhere
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2020, 01:26:11 PM »

I guess about the same time "actress" mostly disappeared.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2020, 02:15:56 PM »
I consider "hero" to be gender neutral.  "Heroine" is often a damsel in distress; almost more of a plot device than a real character.

You should do your words smarter.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2021, 08:08:03 AM »
Well, they canceled her.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/gina-carano-backlash-social-media-posts-not-currently-employed-star-wars

"Jews were beaten in the streets, not by Nazi soldiers but by their neighbors…even by children. Because history is edited, most people today don’t realize that to get to the point where Nazi soldiers could easily round up thousands of Jews, the government first made their own neighbors hate them simply for being Jews. How is that any different from hating someone for their political views," read the post, which was originally composed by another account.

A second post contained a photo of a person wearing cloth masks to cover their face and head with the caption: "Meanwhile in California."

That's all it takes for the SJWs, and your spineless commie employer, to lose you your job.

Also, "Abhorrent and unacceptable".

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2021/02/11/woke-wars-canceldisneyplus-trends-after-lucasfilm-boots-gina-carano-over-abhorrent-social-media-posts/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2021, 09:44:58 AM »
The Girl Who Wouldn't Back Down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ha9gO_i8B-g
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2021, 10:51:43 AM »
The cockroaches are in charge of the kitchen and anyone caught with their hand on the light switch will be destroyed
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
                         - Barack Obama

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2021, 10:56:18 AM »
I saw that someone found an example of that Pedro Pascal fellow posting a "nazi" reference during Trump, with a fake image of caged kids. He seems to be doing okay though. What Gina posted is actually about unity and not hating your neighbor for a difference in opinion. That's what got her canceled. These people are fascists.

Edit: Angel Eyes got me by 20 seconds.  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2021, 11:29:27 AM »
Pedro Pascal publicly supports his Trans sister.  He is untouchable on Social Media.

*Honestly, I don't know anything about the guy outside the two characters he's played on TV.  I have no reason to wish him fired.  I understand the urge to point out Disney's hypocrisy, however.  I may watch him in "the Last of Us" on HBO, because that game was fun, and a good TV show of it would be cool.

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
                         - Barack Obama

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2021, 11:54:39 AM »
In case anyone missed it, here is what she posted (or at least part of it). 
"Jews were beaten in the streets, not by Nazi soldiers but by their neighbors…even by children. Because history is edited, most people today don’t realize that to get to the point where Nazi soldiers could easily round up thousands of Jews, the government first made their own neighbors hate them simply for being Jews. How is that any different from hating someone for their political views,"
I think she may have been quoting someone else.

She is right.  But the Left doesn't like being reminded the they are fascists and following in the footsteps of a group they claim to hate. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2021, 12:00:03 PM »
She was also being pressured last year to put her "pronouns" in her Twitter bio.  She responded by putting "boop/bop/beep" which ticked off some people.  Made her real popular with the SciFi and Star Wars fans who don't like all the political correct nonsense. 

Gonna have to cancel Disney Plus now.  I wanted to finish WandaVision, but I guess not.