Author Topic: Mandalorian Politics  (Read 7567 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Mandalorian Politics
« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2021, 12:36:57 PM »
She was also being pressured last year to put her "pronouns" in her Twitter bio.

I don't do television, or Twitter. What does "putting her pronouns" in her bio mean? Is this some new, woke trend of which I have hitherto remained blissfully unaware as a result of not doing book of faces and Twitter?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2021, 12:57:55 PM »
I don't do television, or Twitter. What does "putting her pronouns" in her bio mean? Is this some new, woke trend of which I have hitherto remained blissfully unaware as a result of not doing book of faces and Twitter?

See the attached screenshot of a random Twitter Twit.  Under her name, after her occupation and screen name she put her preferred pronouns, so you know she identifies as female and likes to be referred to that way.  It is a woke Twitter thing so that non-binary, or folks that are just hard to figure out, don't have to be addressed in a fashion they don't like.  "cis" folks are supposed to do it to show solidarity with the oppressed.

Gina was called out for not having her pronouns in her bio, and after a couple days of online hate she put "Beep/Bop/Boop" in that position.  The crowd went frothing mad.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2021, 01:45:56 PM »
APS member Gunsmith dropped a few of us into a BookFace discussion group a while back.  Leans left.  I hang on, just to keep reminding myself that such people exist.

They're discussing that now.  They are (some of them) "nuckin' futz".

Yes it’s antisemitic because it supposes that Jews did something that led to the Holocaust
To be ardently pro Trump is to support spree federal executions of mostly black people, to support massive expansion of the state apparatus of enslavement, sexual abuse and murder of undocumented migrants because they aren't white, to support dog whistles for conspiracy theories that lent themselves to the Pittsburg shooting among others, and to ally with a guy with a man in a shirt that says "6 million wasn't enough."

I have, myself, wondered if this is what it was like to be a German Jew, in the early '30s when Naziism was ramping up.  You look at the rhetoric and think "nobody can think that.  That's just dumb."
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2021, 01:52:09 PM »

*Honestly, I don't know anything about the guy outside the two characters he's played on TV.  I have no reason to wish him fired. 

This is generally the difference between "us" and "them". I don't want someone cancelled for saying something I dislike or hate. I reserve the right to call them an ahole, but of course if they are on the left or in whatever "protected group" and I do that, I'm the one that gets cancelled.

Other than in my current station in life, it's impossible for them to cancel me. I feel sorry for everyone that works for big, woke, companies or the gov these days though, since their lives can be ruined over nothing at the snap of a virtual mob finger.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2021, 04:05:06 PM »
APS member Gunsmith dropped a few of us into a BookFace discussion group a while back.  Leans left.  I hang on, just to keep reminding myself that such people exist.

They're discussing that now.  They are (some of them) "nuckin' futz".

I have, myself, wondered if this is what it was like to be a German Jew, in the early '30s when Naziism was ramping up.  You look at the rhetoric and think "nobody can think that.  That's just dumb."
I think about that as well.  I look back a few years and see the things a few extremists say and we always said "most people would never think that".  Now some of those things are normal views on the left. 

In the last few months, we have heard a few people talk about wanting to send Trump voters and conservatives to reeducation camps or worse.  I would like to think that "most people would never think that", but I wonder if more of these crazy leftist will start thinking that in the near future.  The self imposed echo chamber some of these people exist in where they refuse to hear any opposing views or evidence make me thing more people will think that stuff. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2021, 04:55:30 PM »
See the attached screenshot of a random Twitter Twit.  Under her name, after her occupation and screen name she put her preferred pronouns, so you know she identifies as female and likes to be referred to that way.  It is a woke Twitter thing so that non-binary, or folks that are just hard to figure out, don't have to be addressed in a fashion they don't like.  "cis" folks are supposed to do it to show solidarity with the oppressed.

Gina was called out for not having her pronouns in her bio, and after a couple days of online hate she put "Beep/Bop/Boop" in that position.  The crowd went frothing mad.

Not her fault they don't speak droid.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2021, 05:11:54 PM »
See the attached screenshot of a random Twitter Twit.  Under her name, after her occupation and screen name she put her preferred pronouns, so you know she identifies as female and likes to be referred to that way.  It is a woke Twitter thing so that non-binary, or folks that are just hard to figure out, don't have to be addressed in a fashion they don't like. "cis" folks are supposed to do it to show solidarity with the oppressed.

I thought if cis (normal) people did it, it was condescending or cultural appropriation or something.
"It's good, though..."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2021, 01:06:33 PM »
I think we're finally on the verge of alternative platforms heading to the mainstream. People are sick of this bullshit.

I never even knew Daily Wire had an entertainment division. It would be cool if they and others like them became real competition to the mainstream streaming services.

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2021/02/12/they-cant-cancel-us-if-we-dont-let-them-gina-carano-is-teaming-up-with-ben-shapiro-and-daily-wire-for-new-film-project/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2021, 01:24:39 PM »
I am curious if Gina's firing will last longer than James Gunn's did.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2021, 01:32:42 PM »
I am curious if Gina's firing will last longer than James Gunn's did.

I'll say yes. He was a repentant progressive. She doesn't appear to be backing off.

Joss Whedon is another jackass who it seemed was only temporarily shunned for appearance sake.  How a guy that can put together a show about freedom like Firefly can be such a fascist is beyond me.

At least the Firefly theme will come back to haunt the likes of him regarding the SJW reeducation camps his kind want to see us in. "You can't take the sky from me".

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2021, 03:55:29 PM »
The Wheedon interviews on Serenity are incredible. How can he say those things and then be such a jackwagon?
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2021, 04:57:25 PM »
So they fired her for saying that hatred is bad.  There are not enough facepalm emoticons...
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2021, 05:46:42 PM »
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #63 on: February 12, 2021, 05:48:36 PM »
Side note:

Have you seen the stuff coming out this week from the Buffy cast about Whedon?

Apparently he did something  that caused the crew to make a rule he was not allowed to be alone with Michelle Trachtenberg.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #64 on: February 12, 2021, 05:49:31 PM »
Gina Carano is teaming up with The Daily Wire to make a movie.
https://nypost.com/2021/02/12/gina-carano-reportedly-has-new-project-with-the-daily-wire/
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2021, 07:05:45 PM »
I guess this makes more "sense" when you realize they don't hate her for any imagined slight against the Jews. They hate her for criticizing the Nazis.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #67 on: February 12, 2021, 07:14:32 PM »
I guess this makes more "sense" when you realize they don't hate her for any imagined slight against the Jews. They hate her for criticizing the Nazis.

I think they hate her for the beep/boop/bop thing, then they went looking for anything they could twist to use against her. 
"It's good, though..."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #68 on: February 12, 2021, 07:25:07 PM »
I thought if cis (normal) people did it, it was condescending or cultural appropriation or something.

That was last week.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #69 on: February 12, 2021, 07:42:05 PM »
I guess this makes more "sense" when you realize they don't hate her for any imagined slight against the Jews. They hate her for criticizing the Nazis progressive demonization of legacy Americans.

Corrected for accuracy.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #70 on: February 12, 2021, 09:48:19 PM »
Corrected for accuracy.

"Nazi" is a good label for both groups.

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #71 on: February 13, 2021, 02:13:44 AM »
Side note:

Have you seen the stuff coming out this week from the Buffy cast about Whedon?

Apparently he did something  that caused the crew to make a rule he was not allowed to be alone with Michelle Trachtenberg.
Do you have a link?
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #72 on: February 13, 2021, 07:36:10 AM »
Do you have a link?

Here's one: https://www.etonline.com/eliza-dushku-sarah-michelle-gellar-and-more-buffy-stars-respond-to-joss-whedon-misconduct-160422
They keep popping up on my FB and Twitter feed.

Mrs. Mush and I were having the conversation last night that we feel less and less like consuming any TV/movies, not because of politics, but because they so many of the people that make it are trash people.  We already don't watch much, but it seems like every time you turn around there's another Rapist, Pedo, or Woman Beater being unmasked that "everyone" knew about for 20 years, but they made good movies so it was ignored.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #73 on: February 13, 2021, 07:51:09 AM »
Somebody quipped that Joss Whedon has recently been accused of male feminism.

I laughed.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #74 on: February 13, 2021, 08:58:07 AM »
Here's one: https://www.etonline.com/eliza-dushku-sarah-michelle-gellar-and-more-buffy-stars-respond-to-joss-whedon-misconduct-160422
They keep popping up on my FB and Twitter feed.

Mrs. Mush and I were having the conversation last night that we feel less and less like consuming any TV/movies, not because of politics, but because they so many of the people that make it are trash people.  We already don't watch much, but it seems like every time you turn around there's another Rapist, Pedo, or Woman Beater being unmasked that "everyone" knew about for 20 years, but they made good movies so it was ignored.

Let me encourage you to follow through with abandoning entertainment (and "news") media.

Eliminating it from your life is the intellectual and emotional equivalent of healthy eating and regular physical exercise.

See "Amusing ourselves to death" by Postman.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amusing_Ourselves_to_Death

This was one of the last books I read in my several year deep dive into propaganda, influence and social engineering. I can now not unsee what has been revealed, I'm still struggling to process what it all means.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.