Author Topic: "Dr Biden"  (Read 1344 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"Dr Biden"
« on: December 13, 2020, 08:41:10 AM »
I see there's some big deal in the news right now about "Dr Jill Biden".

I hadn't paid attention before, but she's not a medical doctor. I thought she was because of how she uses her PhD title. Apparently even Whoopi Goldberg on The View thought she was a medical doctor and said she should be made Surgeon General.  :laugh:

Anyway, some guy got cancelled for saying maybe she shouldn't use her title in this way. He was attacked by the left, including by people who made fun of Sebastian Gorka for insisting on "Dr Gorka" (I would make fun too).

Personally, I find it incredibly pretentious. While the fed.gov candy van lured me away from academia before I finished my PhD program, I would never have insisted on being called "doctor" and the vast majority of PhDs I worked with were the same. Many of them put PhD behind their name, often because their employer wanted it know, but otherwise you wouldn't have known they had a PhD just like you don't know if someone has a Masters or Bachelors. The few who insisted on "doctor" outside of specific settings were kinda aholes.

It's a PhD in education, lady.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/wsj-op-ed-on-dr-jill-biden-gets-writer-canceled-by-northwestern-university
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Re: "Dr Biden"
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2020, 08:47:51 AM »
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2020, 09:00:12 AM »
Dr. means they're smarter than you and anything they say and do on anything is unquestionable. But only if they're on the left, notice no one ever calls Rand Paul Dr. Paul
« Last Edit: December 13, 2020, 09:18:35 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2020, 12:56:03 PM »
But they all call Dr. Phil "Doctor" ...

Time to get a mail order Master of Divinity and start putting "MD" after my name.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2020, 12:57:44 PM »
Piled Higher and Deeper.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2020, 12:58:19 PM »
But they all call Dr. Phil "Doctor" ...

Time to get a mail order Master of Divinity and start putting "MD" after my name.

Master of Diversity
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2020, 12:59:32 PM »
So where does this leave Doctor Who?

Someone asking Who? in 10,9,8,7...........
- Calvin and Hobbes

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2020, 10:58:22 PM »
I had a customer years ago that was not a medical doctor but insisted being called dr. He was a *expletive deleted*ing idiot and I made up some title he needed to call me by. Then really upset him that his appliance had been modified during installation and would not be covered by warranty.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2020, 12:26:17 AM »
Isn't that the same doctorate that Bill Cosby had?

I thought they called them EdDs to distinguish them.  No?

Terry

« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 12:59:54 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2020, 01:24:58 PM »
Isn't that the same doctorate that Bill Cosby had?

I thought they called them EdDs to distinguish them.  No?

According to Wikipedia,

Education:
        University of Delaware (BA, EdD)
        West Chester University (MEd)
        Villanova University (MA)

So, an EdD but no PhD.

Personally, I don't give a flying fig if they call her "Doctor" or not.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2020, 08:30:12 AM »
I see that this story has been on the Real Clear Politics page so that means it is getting some airplay across the country.

The original article served its purpose.

The people who don't like the Bidens are anti-strong and successful women. They want to keep women barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen. This is the patriarchy at work ... blah blah blah

The original article was probably a purposeful plant just so they could run this propaganda program disparaging anyone (men) who dared step into the trap by saying anything.

Women across the country will feel vindicated voting for Biden because patriarchy ...

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2020, 05:23:50 PM »
SWMBO has a AuD...Doctorate of Audiology and professionally she is Dr. lastname.  In our personal life it's just normal Mrs.  

There a other technical healthcare fields that are have Dr. as their highest degree level and the MDs are not happy about it.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2020, 05:55:36 PM »
A few years back I was undergoing physical therapy for my hip at the VA hospital. (This was before last year's replacement surgery.) It wasn't responding to therapy, so the therapist went into a back room, came out with a book she leafed through, and then she said "I think you have a torn labrum. Physical therapy can't help that, so I'm referring you to Orthopedics.

So I went to Orthopedics, he asked me a few questions and looked through my records (I'm pretty certain there were X-rays in there), and pronounced that I didn't have a torn labrum. I explained that the therapist had looked it up, and my symptoms were a perfect match. His response was classic: "I'm a doctor -- she's only a physical therapist. You don't have a torn labrum."

I mentioned that to her at my next appointment. And she laughed. "Actually, I have a doctorate in physical therapy so I am a doctor. So are most of the people here, but we generally prefer to just go by our first names." So now I call he Dr. Carly.

And I went outside of the VA for a second opinion to the guy other doctors send their hip patients to. His diagnosis? Torn labrum. And he said that at my age repair wasn't a good option, so I had it replaced.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2020, 06:31:34 PM »
Anyone who insists on being addressed as "doctor" outside of a professional medical environment is a first class *expletive deleted*bag.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2020, 06:37:54 PM »
Anyone who insists on being addressed as "doctor" outside of a professional medical environment is a first class *expletive deleted*bag.

Sorry, couldn't resist
- Calvin and Hobbes

grampster

• friend
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2020, 07:00:02 PM »
And all the same media idiots et al who take umbrage about Biden's hausfrau being treated special, are also the same ones who disparaged and mocked Melania Trump...who by the way is leagues smarter than most of those idiots et al.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2020, 07:25:42 PM »
Melania -- she only speaks six languages, what's the big deal?

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2020, 07:36:04 PM »
Melania -- she only speaks six languages, what's the big deal?

I thought it was eight ..... =|
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2020, 08:49:52 PM »
I thought it was eight ..... =|

I did some surfing. The consensus seems to be five:  Slovenian (her native language), English, French, Italian and German.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2020, 11:17:02 AM »
Fake President Elect Biden and his wife, Fake Dr Biden.

Perfect for a fake republic and fake nation that crows about its fake freedoms.