Author Topic: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread  (Read 114765 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread
« Reply #100 on: October 27, 2021, 03:36:39 PM »
    INSANE: Mayor of Hazard, KY who is also the principal of Hazard High School, held an assembly with a male pageant. The students came dressed in lingerie and gave lap dances to the staff. pic.twitter.com/ZxODWQWOsx

— Libs of Tik Tok (@libsoftiktok) October 27, 2021
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2021/10/27/disgusting-kentuckys-hazard-high-school-being-investigated-over-shocking-and-highly-sexually-inappropriate-school-sanctioned-events/

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #101 on: October 27, 2021, 03:59:18 PM »
That is very messed up. 

Wouldn't that fall under in appropriate conduct with a minor or something? 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #102 on: October 28, 2021, 08:15:09 PM »
MASS PSYCHOSIS - How an Entire Population Becomes MENTALLY ILL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09maaUaRT4M
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #103 on: October 28, 2021, 10:30:58 PM »
MASS PSYCHOSIS - How an Entire Population Becomes MENTALLY ILL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09maaUaRT4M

That video has been popping up in my feed for weeks, but I don't know if I really want to watch it. Probably going to be too eerily familiar.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #104 on: October 28, 2021, 10:34:16 PM »
U.S. in Talks to Pay Hundreds of Millions to Families Separated at Border
https://www.wsj.com/articles/biden-administration-in-talks-to-pay-hundreds-of-millions-to-immigrant-families-separated-at-border-11635447591

WASHINGTON—The Biden administration is in talks to offer immigrant families that were separated during the Trump administration around $450,000 a person in compensation, according to people familiar with the matter, as several agencies work to resolve lawsuits filed on behalf of parents and children who say the government subjected them to lasting psychological trauma.

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #105 on: October 28, 2021, 10:46:47 PM »
I wonder who'll get their money first - the Dreamers at the border, or the voters with student loan debt?  =D

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #106 on: October 28, 2021, 10:49:43 PM »
Probably coyotes trafficking children across the border. 

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #107 on: October 28, 2021, 10:50:14 PM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 29, 2021, 12:10:32 AM »
Economy goes:
(decrescendo whistle sound)
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
V
BOOM!
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #109 on: October 29, 2021, 08:59:38 AM »
That video has been popping up in my feed for weeks, but I don't know if I really want to watch it. Probably going to be too eerily familiar.
Same here, I finally watched it the other day. If nothing else it shows IF there was a conspiracy to weaken resistance to tyranny they wouldn't be doing anything much different than what is happening to us right now.

I watched more than a few Academy of Ideas vids some years ago, they have some great surveys on influential philosophical and psychological ideas. This video was made in conjunction with them.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #110 on: October 29, 2021, 09:17:30 AM »
In other news, a school board member in Broward County, Florida (where else?) took a kindergarten class on a field trip -- to a gay bar & grille.

https://nypost.com/2021/10/28/florida-school-board-member-under-fire-for-bar-field-trip/

She maintains she did nothing wrong (of course). If we needed another example of the inmates running the asylum ... here it is.

“I was SO honored to be invited to chaperone @WiltonManors’s field trip to the incredible Rosie’s!” Leonardi wrote. “The students and I had a fun walk over and learned a lot about our community!”

Yeah -- I wonder just what the kids learned about their "community."
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #111 on: October 31, 2021, 03:03:46 PM »
Barking mad
Note: This not from the Babylon Bee

‘Angry, scared, and confused’: Oberlin student’s anxiety compounded by fact that radiator installers might be cisgendered men
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/10/18/angry-scared-and-confused-oberlin-students-anxiety-compounded-by-fact-that-radiator-installers-might-be-cisgendered-men/

An analogy to this might be a white man in 1921 taking his very first train ride, then pitching a fit when he finds out the Pullman porters are all black.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #113 on: November 04, 2021, 02:47:48 PM »
Maybe they are describing themselves for people with poor eyesight?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #114 on: November 04, 2021, 02:54:10 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #115 on: November 04, 2021, 03:13:13 PM »

Suggested as a possibility in the comments. Yet there was no interpreter for the deaf. I guess my question would be, where does it end? If you want to include every form of address everyone wants you to use these days, introducing yourself is going to become a 15 minute affair before you ever get started on your conversation.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #116 on: November 04, 2021, 04:49:17 PM »
Suggested as a possibility in the comments. Yet there was no interpreter for the deaf. I guess my question would be, where does it end? If you want to include every form of address everyone wants you to use these days, introducing yourself is going to become a 15 minute affair before you ever get started on your conversation.
And where was the intro for non-English speakers?  All of them, of course.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #117 on: November 04, 2021, 04:51:07 PM »
And where was the intro for non-English speakers?  All of them, of course.

Including Jive
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #118 on: November 06, 2021, 12:47:58 AM »

Not sure that would make any sense, either, except in that woke racism kind of way.

In any case, they told us their pronouns, which makes them sound like idiots, especially since they already stated their gender. So the other odd things they say are just to be expected. Odd that she mentioned she has long hair (which is fairly common for white chicks), but he made no mention of his much more unusual haircut. But, hey, at least we know their ancestors immigrated to the U.S. from the Caucasus. That's kind of interesting.  ;/

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #119 on: December 21, 2021, 07:06:52 PM »
Oh for *expletive deleted*ck's sake

Woman shares the story of why her kid wanted to share their nonbinary identity in their holiday card
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/12/21/woman-shares-the-story-of-why-her-kid-wanted-to-share-their-nonbinary-identity-in-their-holiday-card/
- Calvin and Hobbes

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #120 on: December 21, 2021, 07:27:25 PM »
When I am doing new employees orientation, I describe myself as 'the only middle aged bald white guy who wears a bow tie' in the entire hospital, so come say howdy if you see me. It always gets a laugh and many people over the years have come up and mentioned that to me.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #121 on: December 30, 2021, 01:44:06 PM »
 :facepalm:0

‘This is horrific’: Thread examines ‘top 10 worst regimes who will be sitting on the U.N. Human Rights Council’ starting Jan. 1
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2021/12/30/this-is-horrific-thread-examines-top-10-worst-regimes-who-will-be-sitting-on-the-u-n-human-rights-council-starting-jan-1/
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #122 on: December 30, 2021, 02:26:41 PM »
:facepalm:0

‘This is horrific’: Thread examines ‘top 10 worst regimes who will be sitting on the U.N. Human Rights Council’ starting Jan. 1
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2021/12/30/this-is-horrific-thread-examines-top-10-worst-regimes-who-will-be-sitting-on-the-u-n-human-rights-council-starting-jan-1/
Another reason why the UN is useless and serves no purpose.  We should evict them and tell them to play games somewhere else. 

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #123 on: January 04, 2022, 08:48:58 PM »
Another reason why the UN is useless and serves no purpose.  We should evict them and tell them to play games somewhere else.

Stop giving them money and exploit our position to sabotage them by vetoing anything and everything.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #124 on: January 05, 2022, 09:51:44 AM »
This thread seems like a good place for this one.

Manhattan’s new district attorney will seek incarceration only for homicide, some violent felonies, and white-collar crime
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/01/04/manhattans-new-district-attorney-will-seek-incarceration-only-for-homicide-some-violent-felonies-and-white-collar-crime/

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/manhattan-da-orders-prosecutors-to-stop-pursuing-prison-sentences-for-many-criminal-cases

Alvin Bragg's office will "not seek a carceral sentence" except in cases of homicide, domestic violence felonies, corruption, and some sex crimes, according to a Monday memo Bragg sent to staff.
"This rule may be excepted only in extraordinary circumstances based on a holistic analysis of the facts, criminal history, victim's input (particularly in cases of violence or trauma), and any other information available," the memo read.

I wonder if failure to appear in court will be an offense to pursue prison time?