Author Topic: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread  (Read 118657 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread
« Reply #450 on: June 13, 2022, 06:35:00 PM »
Remember if you criticize this you're a knuckle dragging bigoted primitive

Christina Aguilera’s family friendly LA Pride Show.
https://twitter.com/MythinformedMKE/status/1536418711174774786

NSFW: Here’s what Christina Aguilera wore for her kid-friendly LA Pride in the Park performance
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/06/13/nsfw-heres-what-christina-aguilera-wore-for-her-kid-friendly-la-pride-in-the-park-performance/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #451 on: June 13, 2022, 07:54:48 PM »
Elon Musk
@elonmusk
Replying to
@mtaibbi
We are simultaneously being told that gender differences do not exist and that genders are so profoundly different that irreversible surgery is the only option.

Perhaps someone wiser than me can explain this dichotomy.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #452 on: June 14, 2022, 02:50:49 PM »
https://hotair.com/john-s-2/2022/06/13/intercept-many-progressive-advocacy-groups-are-at-war-internally-over-woke-issues-n476007

the situation is similar but worse [than at the Washington Post] at many if not most progressive advocacy groups. They have become paralyzed by infighting between staff and management, often over issues involving anti-racism and equity.

In fact, this kind of internal combat between old school managers and younger, woke employees is happening everywhere in the progressive advocacy space. He spoke to several leaders of these left-wing organizations, most of whom spoke anonymously because of the sensitivity of the issue. One claimed this was now how 90% of executives’ time was being spent.

“So much energy has been devoted to the internal strife and internal bull***t that it’s had a real impact on the ability for groups to deliver,” said one organization leader who departed his position. “It’s been huge, particularly over the last year and a half or so, the ability for groups to focus on their mission
Excellent.

For me the high point comes when former Weather Underground terrorist Mark Rudd describes being thrown out of a left-wing organization recently on account of his racism. “What was my racism? When I tell people things that they didn’t want to hear,” Rudd said.
Welcome to the party, pal.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #453 on: June 14, 2022, 06:10:25 PM »
Yikes
https://twitter.com/lukerosiak/status/1536816517723172869

Luke Rosiak shows ‘the actual bizarre stuff’ school districts are teaching about ‘whiteness’
https://twitter.com/lukerosiak/status/1536816517723172869

One of the profiles shown

- Calvin and Hobbes

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #455 on: June 15, 2022, 04:16:41 PM »
    "Drag queens make everything better. Drag queens are fun," Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel says at a civil rights conference in Lansing while speaking out against what she describes as efforts to divide people.

"A drag queen for every school," she adds.

— Craig Mauger (@CraigDMauger) June 15, 2022

Michigan Attorney General calls for ‘a drag queen for every school’ at civil rights conference
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/06/15/michigan-attorney-general-calls-for-a-drag-queen-for-every-school-at-civil-rights-conference/

- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #457 on: June 16, 2022, 08:26:58 AM »
We now have the scooter solution to violence

Our mayor is zeroing in on how to solve the problem of violence in the city
Let the police do their job - Nope
Stop releasing violent criminals back on to the streets - Nope
Address the issue of broken families - Nope
Nope, none of that but rather Scooters, Yes scooters

City leaders want scooter companies to be part of solution to Louisville violence
https://www.wave3.com/2022/06/16/city-leaders-want-scooter-companies-be-part-solution-louisville-violence/
- Calvin and Hobbes

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #458 on: June 17, 2022, 01:09:36 AM »
WLJ - that is also happening in St. Louis.  There was a local TV news story a day or 2 ago where a man was using a rental scooter to get to downtown and the scooter quit on him when he got close.
We can thank all the "young punks" causing violence and mayhem in downtown for this.
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #459 on: June 17, 2022, 10:06:24 AM »
It occurs to me that if Lefties want more people to ride bikes and scooters to their jobs in urban centers, maybe they should do something to reduce crime. I know if I'm driving in StL, or any other large city, I want something with a motor, and preferably a cattle guard.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #460 on: June 17, 2022, 10:35:19 AM »
Holy Cow  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
But then  :facepalm: because it's reality now

Spelling Bee Contestant Asks The Definition of “Woman”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mnQTzhVgl8
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #461 on: June 17, 2022, 02:54:18 PM »
This is a pretty good term for what the Left has been doing to the Western World.

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/menticide

I predicted a few years ago, that once same-sex marriage was legitimized - on no rational basis whatsoever - that everything else would be up for grabs. Dangit boys, I told you so!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #462 on: June 18, 2022, 07:45:17 AM »
Motorcyclist Who Identifies As Bicyclist Sets Cycling World Record
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipvesqJP1e4
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #463 on: June 18, 2022, 10:49:26 AM »
Here We Go Again: Mail In Votes Catapult Radical Karen Bass Ahead of Primary Challenger With 8-Point Swing in LA Mayoral Race – Final Results Wont be Known “For Days or Weeks”
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/06/go-mail-votes-catapult-radical-karen-bass-ahead-primary-challenger-8-point-swing-la-mayoral-race-final-results-wont-known-days-weeks/

This fix is in on a small scale?

On Tuesday, Radical Democrat Rep. Karen Bass (CA) leapfrogged billionaire developer Rick Caruso – a Republican turned independent, who then turned Democrat – in the primary race for mayor of Los Angeles after a flurry of mail-in votes caused a massive eight-point swing in the voting results.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Pb

• friend
« Reply #464 on: June 18, 2022, 11:55:18 AM »
When you make it easier to vote, you got more stupid, lazy people voting.  Stupid lazy people usually vote leftist.  That is why I am  not in favor of making it easy to vote.

Ideally, I believe no one employed by, or taking welfare or subsidies from the government should be allowed to vote.  Universal franchise leads to bankruptcy.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #465 on: June 18, 2022, 12:38:07 PM »
When you make it easier to vote, you got more stupid, lazy people voting.  Stupid lazy people usually vote leftist.  That is why I am  not in favor of making it easy to vote.

Ideally, I believe no one employed by, or taking welfare or subsidies from the government should be allowed to vote.  Universal franchise leads to bankruptcy.

Wow, so you are going to disenfranchise everyone receiving Social Security, most farmers and members of the military.  The geezers, people in flyover country and troops aren't going to like that.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #466 on: June 18, 2022, 01:47:49 PM »
Wow, so you are going to disenfranchise everyone receiving Social Security, most farmers and members of the military.  The geezers, people in flyover country and troops aren't going to like that.

Not all of them.  I don't consider SS welfare, as citizens are forced to pay into the system before drawing out.  Same with medicare..  I would also eliminate all ag subsidies, so in my fantasy farmers would be unaffected.  Unfortunately, the mil would be effected, along with less useful gov employees.

You are right it would be unpopular.  Letting people vote themselves massive amounts of free money is always very popular.  Hence, our obscene debt.  What is it now, a quarter of a million per taxpayer?

People on the take shouldn't be able to vote themselves more money.

Better a limited franchise than the economic destruction of the USA.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #467 on: June 18, 2022, 01:59:22 PM »
I've thought that perhaps it wouldn't be so bad if a person's vote was weighted by the taxes that person actually paid. Seniors who  saw a big drop in income at retirement could probably continue with whatever their last full year of "pre-retirement" taxes were. People on the dole - no vote. Illegal aliens - no vote. Billionaires using loopholes - reduced vote in accordance with reduced personal taxes paid.

The big problem - too much record keeping, so much it might do away with the secret ballot. Not to mention hacking.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #468 on: June 18, 2022, 02:34:31 PM »
When you make it easier to vote, you got more stupid, lazy people voting.  Stupid lazy people usually vote leftist too often vote the wrong way.  That is why I am  not in favor of making it easy to vote.

Edited, so I can agree with it.

Not this again  ;/

I don't support the idea of disenfranchising those on welfare, but every time the idea comes up, APS insists on twisting it into something it's obviously not. It's idiotic, not to mention it's insulting to members of the military. Military pay and benefits are not welfare, nor a handout; and maybe if you equate the two, you should voluntarily refrain from voting, or commenting on the internet.

OK, not entirely serious about that last part. It's pretty bad when you say something so silly, this guy has to call you on it.  =D

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #469 on: June 18, 2022, 02:54:10 PM »
^^^Note that Pb called for disenfranchising people employed by the government, which includes the military.  Perhaps you should direct your concerns to him.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #470 on: June 18, 2022, 03:31:43 PM »
Edited, so I can agree with it.

Not this again  ;/

I don't support the idea of disenfranchising those on welfare, but every time the idea comes up, APS insists on twisting it into something it's obviously not. It's idiotic, not to mention it's insulting to members of the military. Military pay and benefits are not welfare, nor a handout; and maybe if you equate the two, you should voluntarily refrain from voting, or commenting on the internet.

OK, not entirely serious about that last part. It's pretty bad when you say something so silly, this guy has to call you on it.  =D

You are misrepresenting what I said.  I didn't say members of the military are on welfare.  I said all government employees should not be allowed to vote, in addition to people on welfare.  I would prefer members of the military vote, and just disenfranchise other gov employees (most of which are leftists) but feel the need to be consistent and strip them all of the vote... though I would make an exception, and not take the vote from draftees for obvious reasons.

Voting is not an enumerated constitutional right.  Most states had limited franchise of some sort in the beginning.  There should be no right to vote for people who voluntarily make a living from the government.  Most government employees vote leftist, to give themselves more money and power.  We have millions of these.  They are screwing the country.

If you think this is a bad idea, that is fine.

(Oh, and I would be unable to vote under my plan)

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #471 on: June 18, 2022, 03:56:07 PM »
^^^Note that Pb called for disenfranchising people employed by the government, which includes the military.  Perhaps you should direct your concerns to him.

I'm okay with this; Basic conflict of interest exists for all of them.  Only the uniformed services and emergency services ameliorate this conflict of interest by voluntarily risking their lives for the benefit of others.

Uncompensated welfare and/or a low risk government paycheck should be disqualifiers for exercise of franchise.  And it would be completely Constitutional.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #472 on: June 18, 2022, 04:00:51 PM »
So what's the difference between, say, a CIA operations officer, and an E-4 who works in the accounting department? Why does the guy with the adding machine get to vote, but the civilian who might get captured and tortured to death not get to vote?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #473 on: June 18, 2022, 04:12:24 PM »
So what's the difference between, say, a CIA operations officer, and an E-4 who works in the accounting department? Why does the guy with the adding machine get to vote, but the civilian who might get captured and tortured to death not get to vote?

I'm willing to add the Operations Directorate to the list.  But your selection of an enlisted accountant shows an ignorance of modern war; there are no rear lines and support personnel get killed all the time (I was a Navy intel weenie and I nearly ate a 107mm rocket in Afghanistan, how's that for an oddball combination?).

Of course there does remain the distinction of indentured servitude: you can't just quit an enlistment or commission as you could any other emergency or life risking services.  I'm still mulling this part.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #474 on: June 18, 2022, 04:19:11 PM »
But your selection of an enlisted accountant shows an ignorance of modern war; there are no rear lines and support personnel get killed all the time

In CONUS? Do they get to vote because they might be deployed into a theater, or because they did get deployed into a theater?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."