Author Topic: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread  (Read 114726 times)

Andiron

• friend
Re: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2020, 06:36:19 PM »
Big difference between tranny and queer. I can tolerate either in the world just don’t force me to call it normal because 3% of something is not a norm.

Bigot.

Someone had to say it.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2020, 08:56:49 AM »
Victor Davis Hanson on the new reality ushered in with a new administration.

After Nov. 3, the meaning of some words and concepts abruptly changed. Have you noticed how new realities have replaced old ones?

Media cross-examination of the president is now an out-of-date idea. The time for gotcha questions has come and gone. Why ask a president whether he is a traitor or a crook when you can focus on his favorite flavor of milkshake or compliment him on his socks?...

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2020/12/24/our_upside-down_postelection_world_144915.html
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2020, 04:45:22 PM »
    The IT department at U of Michigan has released a list of inclusive terms, to replace problematic ones.

For example, rather than the harmful term "picnic," it recommends "gathering." And why engage in violent word violence like "brown bag," when you can use "lunch and learn"? pic.twitter.com/ifh7qMV7wq

— A New Radical Centrism (@a_centrism) December 23, 2020

The picnic thing is particularly bizarre; some email meme long past claimed its etymology was racist (it's not), and now we all have to stop saying it because some jerk got bored on the internet in 2001 and made crazy, ahistorical claims? https://t.co/l4lT1W9CKY https://t.co/oAe8trAEcw

— Megan McArdle (@asymmetricinfo) December 23, 2020
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2020/12/24/schools-it-department-suggests-inclusive-replacements-for-offensive-terms-like-picnic-and-brown-bag/

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2020, 09:41:25 PM »
Anyone wokescold that uses the term "problematic"  unironically deserves to go right to the front of the "free helicopter rides" line.

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2020, 10:40:41 PM »
So antlers matter but plumbing doesn't? Got it. Oh, and what about the flying part?

Santa doesn’t know Zoology:

Both male & female Reindeer grow antlers. But all male Reindeer lose their antlers in the late fall, well-before Christmas.

So Santa’s reindeer, which all sport antlers, are therefore all female, which means Rudolf has been misgendered. pic.twitter.com/fkHqhJM7dY

— Neil deGrasse Tyson (@neiltyson) December 25, 2020
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2020/12/24/neil-degrasse-tyson-enlightens-everyones-christmas-by-explaining-how-rudolph-the-red-nosed-reindeer-has-been-misgendered/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2020, 10:42:48 PM »
Anyone wokescold that uses the term "problematic"  unironically deserves to go right to the front of the "free helicopter rides" line.

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2020, 12:34:46 AM »

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2020, 01:46:50 AM »

H-6's have limited capacity and depending on demand this could prove problematic for expeditious solutions.  It was due to this heightened popularity of the needed service that Pinochet Rotor Tours utilized spacious H-47's which also allowed for additional flight attendants to handle the passenger load.

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2020, 09:15:07 AM »
Top level insanity. The intelectual corruption is absolute in "academia". In other news, ignorance is strength  :police:
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2020, 11:32:14 PM »
H-6's have limited capacity and depending on demand this could prove problematic for expeditious solutions.  It was due to this heightened popularity of the needed service that Pinochet Rotor Tours utilized spacious H-47's which also allowed for additional flight attendants to handle the passenger load.

That's our kgbsquirrel.  Learning from others' mistakes.

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2020, 08:51:41 AM »
That's our kgbsquirrel.  Learning from others' mistakes.

Yeah, but what color are the helos?  =D

Whatever happened to Revdisk?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2021, 08:11:15 PM »
Chase Strangio
@chasestrangio
Replying to @chasestrangio
The foundation of these arguments are based on two dangerous and faulty premises. First, that men and boys are always better, stronger, faster and more skilled than women and girls. Second, that sex categories are binary, fixed and easily identifiable at birth.
8:01 AM · Jan 14, 2021
99 people are Tweeting about this
Both of these premises are rooted in misogyny and white supremacy. The interest behind these narratives is not in "protecting women" but rather protecting the power of the state to control people's bodies and constrain people's identities.
8:01 AM · Jan 14, 2021

Oh boy, Oh girl, Oh I give up

ACLU lawyer: The arguments over allowing trans women to compete in girls’ sports are rooted in ‘misogyny and white supremacy’
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/01/14/aclu-lawyer-the-arguments-over-allowing-trans-women-to-compete-in-girls-sports-are-rooted-in-misogyny-and-white-supremacy/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2021, 07:45:02 AM »
 “America is like a healthy body and its resistance is threefold: its patriotism, its morality, and its spiritual life. If we can undermine these three areas, America will collapse from within.”
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2021, 06:00:17 PM »
They're so proud of his choice. His choice? :facepalm:

This Morning
@thismorning
'We love him so much. We're so proud of him and the choice that he's made.'

At the age of two, Stormy told his family, 'I'm not a girl, I think I'm a boy'. We speak to his parents, Matthew and Klara, who hope that their story helps raise awareness for other families.

Parents are so proud of the choice their child made — at age two — that he’s transgender
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/05/11/parents-are-so-proud-of-the-choice-their-child-made-at-age-two-that-hes-transgender/
« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 06:20:17 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2021, 06:22:24 PM »
These people are screwing up little kids for life to prove how woke they (the parents) are and the the media instead of pointing that out celebrates it.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2021, 12:33:59 PM »
This is crazy because it's based in what is actually happening ... they conserve nothing

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2021, 04:04:36 PM »
This is crazy because it's based in what is actually happening ... they conserve nothing
I never heard that Jenner got breast implants (or any surgery at all).  I assume that is photo shopped.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2021, 04:07:28 PM »
They're so proud of his choice. His choice? :facepalm:

Parents are so proud of the choice their child made — at age two — that he’s transgender
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/05/11/parents-are-so-proud-of-the-choice-their-child-made-at-age-two-that-hes-transgender/

ACT peoples voice
@ActPeoples
·
May 10
You'd think if the 4 year old could make such choices, he/she would be the one explaining it on national tv...not the parents.
I gotta agree with that.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2021, 04:43:16 PM »
I never heard that Jenner got breast implants (or any surgery at all).  I assume that is photo shopped.

I just thought it was a funny (or sad) meme.

The last time I saw him on TV was at Ma's, it was a blurb about dreamers path to citizenship. I didn't notice whether there has been any unnatural enhancement.

The only attention I pay to Jenner is disqualifying anyone in politics or the media that refers to him as a her... Hannity and the rest of FOX, the Republican Party and I think even Trump, I'm looking at you.

Biological sex is not a social construct, so referring to him as a her is propagating a lie.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2021, 05:53:03 AM »
Google would seem to say that the surgery was completed in 2017.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2021, 09:25:51 PM »
Yup, gone mad

Spanish politician temporarily suspended by Twitter after saying 'a man cannot get pregnant'
Twitter told Contreras his comments violated the platform's policies on "hate speech"
https://www.foxnews.com/world/spanish-politician-suspended-by-twitter-after-saying-a-man-cannot-get-pregnant
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2021, 10:08:32 PM »
Google would seem to say that the surgery was completed in 2017.
I really doubt its beans and franks were cut off. 

MechAg94

• friend

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2021, 04:06:39 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQvBtH1DurU

Should Parents Ask Their Babies For Consent Before Changing Their Nappies? | Good Morning Britain

It's the UK, but coming soon here or already has

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536