Author Topic: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread  (Read 114784 times)

cordex

• Administrator
Re: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread
« Reply #500 on: June 21, 2022, 02:20:00 PM »
Probably.  Good luck getting them withdrawn.
Super easy, barely an inconvenience.

Just say that unless they feature the new progressive pride flag they are fascistic holdovers from the patriarchy and insufficiently transdemisensitive.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2022, 03:41:31 PM by cordex »

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #501 on: June 21, 2022, 03:30:55 PM »
Or you put four of them together and they formed a swastika
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #502 on: June 21, 2022, 04:02:33 PM »
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #503 on: June 22, 2022, 08:51:46 AM »
How about madness of a different sort as in a woman beaten and set on fire "reportedly" by a group of teenagers.  :mad:

BREAKING: Women Beaten And Set On Fire In Kensington
https://phillycrimeupdate.com/2022/06/21/breaking-women-beaten-and-set-on-fire-in-kensington/

Philadelphia woman in a medically induced coma after reportedly being set on fire, police investigating
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2022/06/22/philadelphia-woman-in-a-medically-induced-coma-after-reportedly-being-set-on-fire-police-investigating/

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #504 on: June 22, 2022, 11:30:44 AM »
Damn, that sounds pretty bad. 

I hope they catch the ones who did it. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #505 on: June 22, 2022, 11:43:12 AM »
....On a lighter note:

Ain't No Way...HAHAHA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjX0qJAuOjg
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #506 on: June 23, 2022, 10:22:12 AM »
On the Kroger thing, no link, but I just heard on Fox Business that this one rando was not exactly a rando. She is a North Carolina lawmaker. They just said "lawmaker" so I don't know where she is in the scheme of things there, but it was her tweet that made them tremble.

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #507 on: June 23, 2022, 12:49:20 PM »
On the kids transitioning way too early: one of the pioneers of the trans movement has gone public stating that we're allowing this far too early.

https://nypost.com/2022/04/15/transitions-have-gone-too-far-trans-psychologist/

A trans woman. And doctor who pushes for trans rights. Saying "y'all have gone off the deep end"
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #508 on: June 23, 2022, 12:53:02 PM »
On the kids transitioning way too early: one of the pioneers of the trans movement has gone public stating that we're allowing this far too early.

https://nypost.com/2022/04/15/transitions-have-gone-too-far-trans-psychologist/

A trans woman. And doctor who pushes for trans rights. Saying "y'all have gone off the deep end"

A round of applause for the newest members of the Far Right Wing Extremist club
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #509 on: June 23, 2022, 01:08:18 PM »
Whoops, wrong thread
Deleted
« Last Edit: June 24, 2022, 08:20:51 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #510 on: June 23, 2022, 02:17:34 PM »
That's been a thing among the trans community for ages: any dissent is crushed hard.

Kinda funny: most of the LGBTQ crowd that I know are actually fairly conservative otherwise
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #511 on: June 23, 2022, 02:44:39 PM »

That's been a thing among the trans community for ages: any dissent is crushed hard.

She's gonna get Zumboed
 :rofl:

7-11 was a part time job.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #512 on: June 24, 2022, 08:22:31 AM »
"‘womb carriers"

Fresh term for women thoroughly rejected by the ‘womb carriers’
https://twitchy.com/foundersgirl-313133/2022/06/23/fresh-term-for-women-thoroughly-rejected-by-the-womb-carriers/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #513 on: June 24, 2022, 12:43:31 PM »
"‘womb carriers"

https://twitchy.com/foundersgirl-313133/2022/06/23/fresh-term-for-women-thoroughly-rejected-by-the-womb-carriers/

That's about one micron away from just calling them "c**ts."
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #514 on: June 25, 2022, 10:05:43 AM »
Crazy story

"God has commanded me to kill you"

Police say teen traveled to Florida, seeking revenge on officer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Lh9UbfqcEQ
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #515 on: June 26, 2022, 10:27:58 PM »
New Rule: I Want My Lawyer! | Real Time with Bill Maher (HBO)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdJvEGokuAk

I heard about these comments on another video.  He makes some comments on why Democrats are losing support with some people.  Makes some good points.  Seems to be saying radical Democrats are ignoring a number of traditional constituent groups or actively insulting them.  When he talked about Asian Americans, he didn't mention the hate crimes against them in some areas which local Democrats are doing nothing about. 

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #516 on: June 29, 2022, 05:50:04 PM »
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #517 on: June 29, 2022, 05:56:16 PM »
"‘womb carriers"

That's about one micron away from just calling them "c**ts."

Actually it's thirteen backspaces and five letters.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #518 on: June 29, 2022, 06:09:34 PM »
Jordan Peterson has been locked out of Twitter for "hateful conduct":

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/06/29/remember-when-pride-was-a-sin-jordan-peterson-locked-out-of-twitter-for-hateful-conduct-deadnaming/

The offending tweet:

[img width=400]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FWYYUjjXEAAhpbj?format=jpg&name=large

So it apparently wasn't even because of the comment per se, but because he called her "Ellen" instead of whatever name she is using now. "Deadnaming" is one of the stupider things these weirdos come up with as a punishable sin.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #519 on: June 29, 2022, 06:27:10 PM »
So it apparently wasn't even because of the comment per se, but because he called her "Ellen" instead of whatever name she is using now. "Deadnaming" is one of the stupider things these weirdos come up with as a punishable sin.

Just wait.  One day "deadnaming", or whatever it's called then, will become a criminal offense.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #521 on: June 29, 2022, 06:37:00 PM »
"extremist Supreme Court"

Apparently they're really upset over not letting men in women's sports among other things

As we witness an extremist Supreme Court and state legislatures across the country attack and roll back the fundamental rights of trans people and target trans communities with hateful and bigoted attacks, we are standing up and saying enough is enough.https://t.co/ZepueykOUk

— Rep. Pramila Jayapal (@RepJayapal) June 29, 2022

The Hill reports:

The proposal, dubbed the “Transgender Bill of Rights,” would codify the Supreme Court’s 2020 Bostock v. Clayton County decision that protects employees against discrimination for being gay or transgender.

The proposal would amend the Civil Rights Act of 1964 to explicitly include protections for gender identity and sex characteristics, expand access to gender-affirming care and ban conversion therapy.

House Democrats introduce Transgender Bill of Rights to expand access to gender-affirming care
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/06/29/house-democrats-introduce-transgender-bill-of-rights-to-expand-access-to-gender-affirming-care/
« Last Edit: June 29, 2022, 07:13:01 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #522 on: June 29, 2022, 07:05:51 PM »
Neopronouns Explained
https://intercultural.uncg.edu/wp-content/uploads/Neopronouns-Explained-UNCG-Intercultural-Engagement.pdf

What the *expletive deleted*ck is a "spivak"?

They make it impossible to keep up with this *expletive deleted*it. Which makes it that much easier to ignore it. Whether I learn what it is or not, I will never call someone "spivak" or any of the other dumbass senseless names.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #523 on: June 29, 2022, 07:16:30 PM »
What the *expletive deleted*ck is a "spivak"?

They make it impossible to keep up with this *expletive deleted*it. Which makes it that much easier to ignore it. Whether I learn what it is or not, I will never call someone "spivak" or any of the other dumbass senseless names.

I don't know what it is but as soon as someone asks me my preferred pronoun that's the one I am using. :)

bob

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #524 on: June 29, 2022, 07:23:32 PM »
Got curious and apparently it goes back a ways
According to wiki https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spivak_pronoun

The Spivak pronouns are a set of gender-neutral pronouns in English promulgated on the virtual community LambdaMOO based on pronouns used by American mathematician Michael Spivak. Though not in widespread use, they have been employed in writing for gender-neutral language by those who wish to avoid the standard terms "he/she" or singular they.

Three variants of the Spivak pronouns are in use, Rogers (1890), Elverson (1975), and LambdaMOO (1991), highlighted in the declension table below.

Quite a bit more in the article.
Warning: May want to take a drink first and you may feel the need to chug the rest of the bottle afterwards.
- Calvin and Hobbes