Author Topic: Another Amazon Delivery Thread  (Read 2472 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Another Amazon Delivery Thread
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2021, 11:23:53 AM »
Our Black Lab had a habit of dragging off packages she'd find on the front porch. Generally she'd just destroy the box and scatter the contents around the front yard though she did pretty well eat a book my wife had ordered. Got a box of stuff I'd ordered from Brownells once, scattered 500 .357 mag cases on the front walk, I found all but 2 or 3 pieces. Thankfully she's outgrown that habit.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2021, 06:55:33 PM »
Bonus of living in bum *expletive deleted*ck egypt.

No porch pirates.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2021, 07:28:12 PM »
Jiminy Christmas. I just ten minutes ago got a package delivered. In a paper thin box with one of those flap closures, unsealed, with kinda heavy stuff in it. It's a miracle  it didn't open in transit.

Oh, here's the delivery photo. You can even see the flap partially open.

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2021, 07:54:55 PM »
You wouldn't believe the heavy car parts that are shipped in garbage packaging...

Oh, and I hate brake rotors.
Blog under construction

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2021, 08:13:35 PM »
Jiminy Christmas. I just ten minutes ago got a package delivered. In a paper thin box with one of those flap closures, unsealed, with kinda heavy stuff in it. It's a miracle  it didn't open in transit.

Oh, here's the delivery photo. You can even see the flap partially open.

Yeah, I've had a few things shipped to me where all they did was slap a shipping label on the the retail store shelf box
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Grandpa Shooter

• friend
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2021, 08:37:13 PM »
Between my wife and I we probably average 10-15 deliveries a month through Amazon.  Free shipping and fast delivery.  Sometimes it is the Prime truck, sometimes our local mail lady, but they always arrive right in front of our full glass front door on the porch.  Our dogs (3) diligently watch under the Roman shade for anything that moves out front.  You can watch the Prime people jump when the dogs all hit the glass at full voice.  No thefts and no failed deliveries for us.  One USPS shipment got sent to a suburb of Louisville and delayed when they re-routed it, but no big deal for us.  I guess living in a rural area has its perks.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2021, 09:02:01 PM »
Yeah, I've had a few things shipped to me where all they did was slap a shipping label on the the retail store shelf box

A dozen years or so ago I ordered a Lyman GPR flintlock kit from one of the big online shooting supply outfits. I came home from work to find it on the front porch, shipping labels slapped on the retail packaging. Got my package of 1K bulk .223 from MidwayUSA Friday, UPS label on the regular Federal packaging.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2021, 11:01:37 AM »
Just spent an hour on the phone with Amazon trying to get pass their scripted answers and into their thick heads that something is amiss in shipping. After getting bounced around I think I finally got someone to listen.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2021, 08:58:30 PM »
And they lose another one.
- Calvin and Hobbes

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2021, 09:36:10 PM »
You wouldn't believe the heavy car parts that are shipped in garbage packaging...

Oh, and I hate brake rotors.

Ordered a pair of brake rotors for my truck a few weeks back.  They shipped in a *sturdy* cardboard box, with 1/8" thick plywood above and below.  Granted these are for a 3/4 ton truck, so they weigh 35 lbs each.   But I was pleasantly surprised by the sturdiness of the packaging.
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2021, 10:52:53 PM »
Did I tell y'all about "amazon lockers" yet? Google it. I'm tired. They leave my stuff either at a local bank (outside, gun in waistband), or one of two 7/11 stores (inside), and send me a code to open the locker. So far I like it.
Blog under construction

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2021, 11:51:50 PM »
Did I tell y'all about "amazon lockers" yet? Google it. I'm tired. They leave my stuff either at a local bank (outside, gun in waistband), or one of two 7/11 stores (inside), and send me a code to open the locker. So far I like it.

I've been using the lockers for quite a while now, and love it.  I have one at a 7-11 less than 5 minutes from home.  Also have another one that's between home and work.  I use whichever is most convenient.  I would advise to have a pocket knife or some other prying tool handy "just in case".  One time out of many, the door unlocked but did not open.  Had to pry it a bit.
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2021, 11:17:02 AM »
And they lose another one.

They found it a couple of weeks ago but it's been MIA again since.
- Calvin and Hobbes