Author Topic: Why was Obama a bad president  (Read 1597 times)

zahc

• friend
Why was Obama a bad president
« on: January 06, 2021, 06:01:43 PM »
Totally off topic of current events, and triggered by nothing.

Was Obama a bad president? What was bad about his presidency?

I guess I lied earlier about it being off topic I guess. Lots of people are saying that the Trump presidency was a disaster and damaged the country. I usually want them to say why, but they usually just don't like Trump, or else they parrot some common talking points from their party. I would like it if they could articulate why Trump was a bad president. Lots of people here didn't like Obama, so there should be plenty of material. So why was his presidency so bad in comparison to other presidents, or even Trump? Make sure to be fair.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Jim147

• friends
Re: Why was Obama a bad president
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2021, 06:04:40 PM »
I have insurance but can't afford to go to the doctor.

Is that a good start for you?
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2021, 06:24:31 PM »
Obama promised his "Affordable Care Act" would let you keep your insurance if you liked it. LIE! I had to change mine repeatedly.

Obama promised his ACA would let you keep your doctor if you liked him. LIE! I had to change mine twice.

Obama promised his ACA would reduce your cost for insurance. ENORMOUS LIE! My costs increased greatly while my coverage decreased.

His actions hurt me personally and directly - not in the abstract - and continue to hurt me, so in my book he's one of the two worst presidents in my lifetime.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2021, 06:34:46 PM »
You said that much better than I did. I'm kinda exhausted tonight.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2021, 06:39:20 PM »
How many planeloads of money went to Iran?
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2021, 07:06:47 PM »
Benghazi
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2021, 08:18:09 PM »
http://www.armedpolitesociety.com/index.php?topic=39981.0
This was a thread we had pinned at the top for a while.  I was trying to document a list of scandals during the Obama administration up to that point.  It wasn't a short list.  Lots of links to other lists. 

Obama appointed a lot of really "special" people.  He tried to stay above it all and let his subordinates take the heat.  The funny part is even when all these scandals were fresh in everyone's memory, there were people on the left claiming this was a scandal free administration.  I think they also claimed it was transparent even though they fought tooth and nail to block release of information on many of the scandals. 
« Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 08:31:37 PM by MechAg94 »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2021, 08:24:50 PM »
Obama promised his "Affordable Care Act" would let you keep your insurance if you liked it. LIE! I had to change mine repeatedly.

Obama promised his ACA would let you keep your doctor if you liked him. LIE! I had to change mine twice.

Obama promised his ACA would reduce your cost for insurance. ENORMOUS LIE! My costs increased greatly while my coverage decreased.

His actions hurt me personally and directly - not in the abstract - and continue to hurt me, so in my book he's one of the two worst presidents in my lifetime.

Quoted because what happened to you,  happened to me.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2021, 08:32:36 PM »
Thanks for asking the question zahc.  This is all stuff that should be remembered. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2021, 08:53:04 PM »
The cult that developed around him.  Unlike anything I can recall in my lifetime.   (With right wing stuff, I can tell when it's a joke, and the Trump cult is mostly a joke.  The Obama cult was serious.)
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2021, 08:34:20 AM »
The health care debacle.

The anti-police narrative he introduced.

The introduction and embrace of the BLM movement.

His continuation of blowing up and killing third worlders then inviting the survivors who hate us to come live here.

His despising of Heritage America.

His weak and effeminate mannerisms were embarrassing.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2021, 09:18:09 AM »
He was a fraud and a liar.
The first time (1 of 2) I heard him speak I talked to him briefly afterwards. He scared the hell out of me. Because he was A. Charismatic and B. A chameleon.
I too am self insured. I have health insurance with a monthly premium higher than my home mortgage and a $6500 deductible.
He surrounded himself and filled his administration with loyalists with total disregard for rule of law and willingness to get what they wanted by any means.
12 years ago, nobody knew what a community organizer was. Few people really know today. (Reference Georgia and Michigan)
What we have here is failure to communicate.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2021, 12:42:31 PM »
The ACA is probably right there at the top of the list.

A damn near endless list of scandals that were ignored by the complicit media. Including FISA court abuse.

Wrecked the coal industry with a snap of his fingers.

Economic policies that worsened and prolonged the recession.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2021, 02:39:44 PM »

A damn near endless list of scandals that were ignored by the complicit media. Including FISA court abuse.

It is easy to forget that they lied to the FISA court to spy on the Trump campaign and prosecute his appointees on false charges.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2021, 03:02:11 PM »

Don't forget Obama weaponized the IRS and sent them after conservative groups and individuals.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2021, 06:10:07 PM »
He was a fraud and a liar.
The first time (1 of 2) I heard him speak I talked to him briefly afterwards. He scared the hell out of me. Because he was A. Charismatic and B. A chameleon.
I too am self insured. I have health insurance with a monthly premium higher than my home mortgage and a $6500 deductible.
He surrounded himself and filled his administration with loyalists with total disregard for rule of law and willingness to get what they wanted by any means.
12 years ago, nobody knew what a community organizer was. Few people really know today. (Reference Georgia and Michigan)

Would that have been during his run for US Senate?  I (sort of) attended when he came by Freeport.  I hung back at the back of the parking lot with the pro life protesters, and watched.  The adulation was present, even then.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2021, 06:19:44 PM »
Can't forget his policies with EPA and others that killed business and hurt farmers raising the cost of everything. We are about to see them again in his third term.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2021, 08:50:36 AM »
Can't forget his policies with EPA and others that killed business and hurt farmers raising the cost of everything. We are about to see them again in his third term.
And the used the BP oil spill as an excuse to shut down off shore oil drilling.  In addition to pulling permits, companies had to do numerous environmental impact statements and studies (done by friends of the EPA approvers) to get any headway on drilling permits.