Armed Polite Society

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

R.I.P. Scout26

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23]

Author Topic: It's getting sporty in Washington...  (Read 12276 times)

sumpnz

• friend
Re: It's getting sporty in Washington...
« Reply #550 on: March 15, 2021, 04:35:32 PM »

I try hard to see both sides of an issue.  Things wouldn't be "an issue" if there weren't multiple perspectives.

I have a hard time seeing any balance with how the capitol hill riots are being treated vs the routine riots that have gripped major US cities for the past year.

It's quite clear that legal force being applied much more heavily to protesters/rioters of one particular political ideology vs another.

Message received, 5x5.

WLJ

• friends
  • I am not a cat
« Reply #551 on: March 16, 2021, 03:27:37 PM »

On a related note someone asked me what was going on in Taiwan, something about some riots.
What does this have to do with Jan 6th you ask
Typed in "Taiwan riots 2021" in DuckDuckGo and stories about some protests over pork imports into Taiwan came up
Typed in "Taiwan riots 2021" in Google and after three pages of results that only had to do with the Jan 6 "insurrection" I found one on something going on in Taiwan from 2014.
Never Underestimate The Power Of The Stupid Side

Ron

• friends
  • like a tree planted by rivers of water
« Reply #552 on: March 31, 2021, 04:19:13 PM »

The two men charged in the Officer Sicknick death appear to be getting railroaded by the FBI.

If they don't have any other evidence other than what this article claims, then the two guys are innocent and should walk.

https://www.revolver.news/2021/03/new-york-times-sicknick-video-creates-big-problems-for-capitol-riot-prosecutors/
The wish not to believe can influence as strongly as the wish to believe.

Who can escape their own cognitive biases?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #553 on: March 31, 2021, 04:55:05 PM »

The two men charged in the Officer Sicknick death appear to be getting railroaded by the FBI.

If they don't have any other evidence other than what this article claims, then the two guys are innocent and should walk.

https://www.revolver.news/2021/03/new-york-times-sicknick-video-creates-big-problems-for-capitol-riot-prosecutors/
Police use "chemical spray" all the time.  If they try to make the case that it is deadly, what does that say about them?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • I am not a cat
« Reply #554 on: March 31, 2021, 05:03:46 PM »

I wish the left would make up it's mind, one moment all police are the racist enforcers of white supremacy and the next they're heroes of the empire.   
Never Underestimate The Power Of The Stupid Side

Ben

• Administrator
« Reply #555 on: March 31, 2021, 05:16:31 PM »

Wow. The was a good read. Especially the details they got into on the imagery. This is looking like two guys who should have been issued a ticket for disturbing the peace are getting basically life in prison. Again, while all of antifa walks free.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

griz

• friend
« Reply #556 on: April 01, 2021, 08:39:30 AM »

Police use "chemical spray" all the time.  If they try to make the case that it is deadly, what does that say about them?

I was thinking the same thing.  It even looks like a can of spray in Officer Sicknick's hand in the view from his body cam.  That doesn't at all mean it was OK to spray him, but I've heard many officers say that when you use OC that it goes everywhere and it's common to get some yourself.  So it brings into question why he would have a tool that might be fatal to himself if that's what killed him.

Why is the second guy, the one who didn't spray the officer, being charged with murder?
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #557 on: April 01, 2021, 09:25:07 AM »

I was thinking the same thing.  It even looks like a can of spray in Officer Sicknick's hand in the view from his body cam.  That doesn't at all mean it was OK to spray him, but I've heard many officers say that when you use OC that it goes everywhere and it's common to get some yourself.  So it brings into question why he would have a tool that might be fatal to himself if that's what killed him.

Why is the second guy, the one who didn't spray the officer, being charged with murder?

Because reasons.
“Don’t be so open-minded that your brains fall out.” - G.K. Chesterton

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

How many Democrats does it take to fix a problem?  No one knows because it's never happened.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23]