Author Topic: It's getting sporty in Washington...  (Read 79151 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: It's getting sporty in Washington...
« Reply #100 on: January 07, 2021, 12:06:21 PM »

Here's what happened. Anything else is cope and hope.

For a LONG time, people associated with trump, and trump himself, have been giving a platform to , for lack of a better term, maniacs. These folks have been pumping conspiracy theories about shadow government and the deep state, etc.

Normal people have been sharing it on social media, pumping it up and churning it into a frenzy.

A large chunk of those types of people went to the capitol yesterday

And after FOUR YEARS of this type of stuff  ( DONT FORGET TO TRUST THE PLAN!!!!!111111oneoneoneeleventy) , they did something monumentally stupid

And now, people on the right who have been Larping about "1776!" "Tree of Liberty!" "WHY DONT ANYONE RESIST THIS TYRANNY" are like:

"Wait a minute... we didnt ACTUALLY want someone to do somethign! it must have been antifa!"

It's pathetic. Legions of trump supporters spent four years in LARP conspiracy theory land, while the democrats actually went out and pursued votes, instead of "Trusting the plan! Where we go 1, we go all!" nonsense.

And if the dems DID cheat, the Right LET IT HAPPEN, because "Q SAID THE FRAUD WILL BE REVEALED" so they LAID DOWN AND DIDNT DO A GODDAMN THING ABOUT IT.

Then, someone DID go do something about it, and now yall are like "antifa! antifa!"
I don't think you should be blaming Trump and Trump people for that.  Trump is a catalyst, but not the cause.  What Trump did was cause the media to throw off whatever subtlety that remained and reveal just how much they were lying and making stuff up.  That caused a lot of people to stop watching the MSM and start looking for other news/information sources.   Not all those alternative information sources are going to be good and some people can't filter out the nonsense.  IMO, what you are talking about was already happening before Trump and will continue to happen after he is gone.  
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #101 on: January 07, 2021, 12:11:43 PM »
Nice story bro

The right has been furiously trying to vote us out of this mess for decades.

The Uni-Party gives us Dole, McCain and Romney to vote for and torpedoes anyone unapproved (Ron Paul) even getting close to making a show. Same thing plays out all the way down the ballot. Ask our resident judge how that works.

Even when "we" win, we lose. Reagan got shot. We get a Bush (3 times) and Trump.

I don't think Trump was "supposed" to win and that is part of the hatred of the deep state for him.

Ok, then if that's the case, it IS time for violent revolution.

and yet, we have people screaming "NO! WE DIDNT DO THIS! ANTIFA!"

The right is spineless and weak, and is earning its demise
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #102 on: January 07, 2021, 12:20:28 PM »
That caused a lot of people to stop watching the MSM and start looking for other news/information sources.  

As has been suggested here before, I will not at all be surprised if a Trump News Network is created for the base.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #103 on: January 07, 2021, 12:23:51 PM »
As has been suggested here before, I will not at all be surprised if a Trump News Network is created for the base.

... and a nice little political party with no influence as well.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #104 on: January 07, 2021, 12:25:48 PM »
Semi-related:  not a peep from the Democrats about "defund the police" any more.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #105 on: January 07, 2021, 12:39:06 PM »

Already done. It’s on the Pluto app for smart TVs. Don’t recall what it’s called it’s not TNN but something else.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #106 on: January 07, 2021, 12:58:48 PM »
Ok, then if that's the case, it IS time for violent revolution.

and yet, we have people screaming "NO! WE DIDNT DO THIS! ANTIFA!"

The right is spineless and weak, and is earning its demise

I agree with you about spineless and weak, but this wasn't a violent revolution attempt.  It looked more like useful idiots; (useful to whom?) mostly rightwingers with maybe some antifa provocateurs egging them on but maybe not.  They stormed the capitol and got in easily (too easily, maybe it was a trap) and looked like they didn't have a plan for once they got inside.  Maybe they didn't really expect to get in so they didn't plan for that possibility. 
"It's good, though..."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #107 on: January 07, 2021, 01:02:38 PM »
No, you've seen a picture of horn guy at a counter protest, the picture YOU saw had the Q "Trust the plan" sign photoshopped out.

Is it really hard to believe that these people could be responsible for their own actions, and be on the right?

Thank you for telling me what I saw.  You must have been looking over my shoulder.   :facepalm:
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #108 on: January 07, 2021, 01:05:48 PM »
Was there any kind of counter-protest?  The pro-trump rally was advertised in advance, there was certainly time to set one up, and as far as I know, it's common practice for antifa/blm.  It's possible there was one, even one that was well attended but not reported on.  A quick search doesn't show anything, but I haven't looked much, and the subsequent events would overshadow any opposition that might have been there.
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #109 on: January 07, 2021, 01:07:27 PM »

Here's what happened. Anything else is cope and hope.

For a LONG time, people associated with trump, and trump himself, have been giving a platform to , for lack of a better term, maniacs. These folks have been pumping conspiracy theories about shadow government and the deep state, etc.

Normal people have been sharing it on social media, pumping it up and churning it into a frenzy.

A large chunk of those types of people went to the capitol yesterday

And after FOUR YEARS of this type of stuff  ( DONT FORGET TO TRUST THE PLAN!!!!!111111oneoneoneeleventy) , they did something monumentally stupid

And now, people on the right who have been Larping about "1776!" "Tree of Liberty!" "WHY DONT ANYONE RESIST THIS TYRANNY" are like:

"Wait a minute... we didnt ACTUALLY want someone to do somethign! it must have been antifa!"

It's pathetic. Legions of trump supporters spent four years in LARP conspiracy theory land, while the democrats actually went out and pursued votes, instead of "Trusting the plan! Where we go 1, we go all!" nonsense.

And if the dems DID cheat, the Right LET IT HAPPEN, because "Q SAID THE FRAUD WILL BE REVEALED" so they LAID DOWN AND DIDNT DO A GODDAMN THING ABOUT IT.

Then, someone DID go do something about it, and now yall are like "antifa! antifa!"

"And if the dems DID cheat, the Republican Party leadership LET IT HAPPEN, because "Q SAID THE FRAUD WILL BE REVEALED" so they LAID DOWN AND DIDNT DO A GODDAMN THING ABOUT IT."

I fixed the only reasonable statement in your rant for you.  The rest of it with the Q-anon stuff was over the top.  Labeling most Trump supporters and others on the right as Q conspiracy theorists is almost as nutty as the Q-anon stuff itself.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #110 on: January 07, 2021, 01:15:15 PM »
Thank you for telling me what I saw.  You must have been looking over my shoulder.   :facepalm:

would you like to see the original picture? There are tons of pics of horn dude all over the place, with Q signs, and posing with Rudy Giuliani.
Fitz

---------------
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:

-MicroBalrog

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #111 on: January 07, 2021, 01:16:26 PM »
"And if the dems DID cheat, the Republican Party leadership LET IT HAPPEN, because "Q SAID THE FRAUD WILL BE REVEALED" so they LAID DOWN AND DIDNT DO A GODDAMN THING ABOUT IT."

I fixed the only reasonable statement in your rant for you.  The rest of it with the Q-anon stuff was over the top.  Labeling most Trump supporters and others on the right as Q conspiracy theorists is almost as nutty as the Q-anon stuff itself.

the conspiracy crap had support up and down the republican party, including current and former members of trumps own cabinet, his staff, and a big chunk of people carrying signs to that effect.

The right has gone full retard.
Fitz

---------------

-MicroBalrog

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #112 on: January 07, 2021, 01:24:05 PM »
There was a lot of Q-anon and Kraken and such belief by otherwise rational people.

Trump was definitely an outlier but to believe there would be any draining of the swamp was an unrealistic belief. To do that you have to have teamwork and the people that effect such actions were all part of the swamp. He had a lot of populist support and that was it.

The Stimulus bill was passed by 92 out of 100 senators. The only person in Washington disappointed by the election results was Trump himself.

Trumps main value was the absolute pants shitting stupidity that he triggered in the left but in the end they are still winning.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #113 on: January 07, 2021, 01:29:45 PM »
I'm not buying the Qanon influence over more than a fringe of people. I live in Republican country and nobody here even knows what it is. I've only seen it mentioned on the twitchy and here at APS, and I'm pretty sure I had to ask here what the hell it was, and I'm pretty sure I still don't know.

I think there is a big disconnect between people getting riled up on either side on the twitter and the facebook, and people who get their news elsewhere, or just go on about their business.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #114 on: January 07, 2021, 01:34:18 PM »
A little more on horn dude:

https://www.sfgate.com/nation/article/q-shaman-us-capitol-antifa-matt-gaetz-15852663.php

(I was going to call him Buffalo Man but I guess the costume isn't quite right)
                         - Barack Obama

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #115 on: January 07, 2021, 01:36:29 PM »
Different angle on the shooting. Seems like they'll have a lot of explaining to do regarding justification. Especially with cops being right near her on her side of the door from what I can tell.

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2021/01/07/new-graphic-video-shows-the-shooting-of-ashli-babbitt-from-a-different-angle/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #116 on: January 07, 2021, 01:47:31 PM »
Different angle on the shooting. Seems like they'll have a lot of explaining to do regarding justification. Especially with cops being right near her on her side of the door from what I can tell.

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2021/01/07/new-graphic-video-shows-the-shooting-of-ashli-babbitt-from-a-different-angle/

[libtard]Well, she was a Trump supporter so she got what she deserved[/libtard]
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #117 on: January 07, 2021, 01:55:55 PM »
[libtard]Well, she was a Trump supporter so she got what she deserved[/libtard]

That is exactly what they are saying: 
http://www.armedpolitesociety.com/index.php?topic=63661.msg1287725#msg1287725

- Barack Obama

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #118 on: January 07, 2021, 02:06:14 PM »

I'd bet they will say the officer was in fear for their safety, and there will be no more explaining.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #119 on: January 07, 2021, 02:07:15 PM »
Just to be fair, isn't that what a lot of people said about various people shot by the police on the "other side?"

"If he would have just stopped resisting" etc?
Fitz

---------------

-MicroBalrog

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #120 on: January 07, 2021, 02:10:47 PM »
Just to be fair, isn't that what a lot of people said about various people shot by the police on the "other side?"

"If he would have just stopped resisting" etc?

You mean like the "unarmed" guy with a knife that was charging the police?
Or the great big guy that was trying to take the cops gun from him in a scuffle?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #121 on: January 07, 2021, 02:13:35 PM »
You mean like the "unarmed" guy with a knife that was charging the police?
Or the great big guy that was trying to take the cops gun from him in a scuffle?

What usually happens when people try to get into a government installation over barricades and through a broken window etc?

What happens when people charge the white house lawn?

what happens when people hop fences and charge into military installations?

All i'm saying is a LOT of the same rhetoric is spewed by the right...
Fitz

---------------

-MicroBalrog

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #122 on: January 07, 2021, 02:14:27 PM »
The right really needs to decide how it feels about things right now  :lol: :lol:
Fitz

---------------

-MicroBalrog

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #123 on: January 07, 2021, 02:15:00 PM »

So the guy with the rifle was police and was signaling to the person on the other side of the door.  Looked like he was trying to communicate a "stand down, we got this" kind of message.  It looked like the girl was climbing through the window maybe, when she was shot.
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #124 on: January 07, 2021, 02:17:09 PM »
What usually happens when people try to get into a government installation over barricades and through a broken window etc?
You mean if we look all the way back to the past year?

The mayor condemns federal agents arresting rioters as fascist, lets the mob have a chunk of the city, and looks the other way when murders occur.

;)