Author Topic: It's getting sporty in Washington...  (Read 79096 times)

cordex

• Administrator
Re: It's getting sporty in Washington...
« Reply #225 on: January 08, 2021, 03:30:01 PM »
Sadly, no I don't. The only way you will get bipartisan support is if the dem ox is gored by what you want to fix. Right now, all that stuff is an advantage to them.
Yep.

The democrats have to back the idea that the system works perfectly as is and doesn't need to be fixed.  They can't open the door to improvements while simultaneously saying that anyone claiming that the election was less than perfectly conducted is a conspiracy theorist.

Republican controlled states may improve election security, but that is about it.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #226 on: January 08, 2021, 03:32:10 PM »
Then BLM style riotous behavior is the only solution, short of real revolution.  Make life so uncomfortable for them that they yield, much the same as the BLM tactic.
1. That sucked with BLM did it and it would suck if the right did it.
2. BLM was only able to continue because they had the backing of the metro areas they were doing it in, the media, and all the major tech platforms.  The right does not have that.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #227 on: January 08, 2021, 03:34:19 PM »
2. BLM was only able to continue because they had the backing of the metro areas they were doing it in, the media, and all the major tech platforms.  The right does not have that.

Bundies came out high and dry both times.  Well, except Lavoy Finicum.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #228 on: January 08, 2021, 04:30:42 PM »
A way forward is perhaps to retreat into the States, counties, municipalities school boards and vote the poo out at the local level. Freedom loving people have got to get organized and active and rebuild from the ground up because the top is rotten beyond salvation.

The weakness of freedom loving individuals is that they just want to get by and no be involved.. the problem is that people who don't quite hve the same ideals will get YOU involved whether you like it or not, and most likely put you on the short end of the stick.

Now we have to define exactly what the poo is. The usual labels of "left", "liberal", "dems" just doesn't cover it.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #229 on: January 08, 2021, 04:46:13 PM »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #230 on: January 08, 2021, 05:16:39 PM »
It appears the dems may be able to impeach Trump before he leaves office which would, you know, totally heal and unify the country.  ;/

At this point it's just spite. There are also Rs that will vote for this, and with the baseline being not 2/3s, but 2/3s present to vote, it only takes a bunch of spineless Rs that are afraid for their political careers to simply not show up to vote.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but if they go through with such a spiteful action, you'll never again here me say on this forum, "yeah, but there are some dems we can at least debate with". I'll then never give any dem the benefit of the doubt again. What they're doing is scorched Earth.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/will-democrats-impeach-trump-how-it-works
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #231 on: January 08, 2021, 05:21:26 PM »
It appears the dems may be able to impeach Trump before he leaves office which would, you know, totally heal and unify the country.  ;/

At this point it's just spite. There are also Rs that will vote for this, and with the baseline being not 2/3s, but 2/3s present to vote, it only takes a bunch of spineless Rs that are afraid for their political careers to simply not show up to vote.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but if they go through with such a spiteful action, you'll never again here me say on this forum, "yeah, but there are some dems we can at least debate with". I'll then never give any dem the benefit of the doubt again. What they're doing is scorched Earth.

Good

We need a complete breakdown imo

It’s nearly time
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #232 on: January 08, 2021, 05:40:07 PM »
Good

It’s nearly time

I suspect you'll be getting your wish, soon.
"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #233 on: January 08, 2021, 05:40:25 PM »
I've made the mistake before of voting for a Democrat because the NRA endorsed him.  As soon as he got to Washington, he *expletive deleted*ed us over every chance he got on gun rights issues.  Never again.  That doesn't mean I will always vote for the Republican because they think I'm obligated to.
"It's good, though..."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #234 on: January 08, 2021, 05:43:43 PM »
That doesn't mean I will always vote for the Republican because they think I'm obligated to.

This too.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #235 on: January 08, 2021, 05:56:07 PM »
There were also groups of lawyers with funding providing legal support and protection. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #236 on: January 08, 2021, 05:59:48 PM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #237 on: January 08, 2021, 06:04:07 PM »
I'm happy that rioters stormed the capital building. Let that be a wakeup call to all politicians.  Politicians can be reached, can be touched, can be affected by the policies they preach.  Politicians are not a protected class or superhuman; they are just humans and humans can be easily hurt.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #238 on: January 08, 2021, 06:17:26 PM »
I'm happy that rioters stormed the capital building. Let that be a wakeup call to all politicians.  Politicians can be reached, can be touched, can be affected by the policies they preach.  Politicians are not a protected class or superhuman; they are just humans and humans can be easily hurt.
As long as we understand their reaction is likely not to give us back our rights, but to go overboard on the authoritarian security and control. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #239 on: January 08, 2021, 06:23:49 PM »
Good

It’s nearly time

A few years back, I was worried that we would see another civil war in my lifetime.

Now I'm worried we're not going to make it through the next 4 years before it kicks off.
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #240 on: January 08, 2021, 06:34:51 PM »
As long as we understand their reaction is likely not to give us back our rights, but to go overboard on the authoritarian security and control. 

Your rights are not given to you by another person.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #242 on: January 08, 2021, 06:40:59 PM »

They are already doing that, maybe some fear and Mayham iswhat they need
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #243 on: January 08, 2021, 06:52:36 PM »
Twitter has permabanned Trump. Not regarding anything he said since his account was unlocked, but because he MIGHT say something.

This is so dangerous I cannot say. Again, twitter must die. I haven't been one of the "civil war" people, but if it starts, twitter and facebook and google will be major reasons why. This is absolutely totalitarian, and it's not even being done by the actual government. This is serious *expletive deleted*it.

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2021/01/08/siren-twitter-has-permanently-suspended-donald-trump/

The left is throwing the term "insurrection" around about others while they are actually practicing it.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #244 on: January 08, 2021, 07:00:00 PM »
if it starts

It already has, just not the shooting part yet.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #245 on: January 08, 2021, 07:22:22 PM »
The amazing thing is trump is just the distraction while the con moves the shell. Congress couldn’t decide if AOC should bring still or sparkling water to the chamber in 12 days. The impeachment is about sliding in Raskin’s 25th amendment change to let congress remove a president. That’s a coup.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #246 on: January 08, 2021, 07:22:27 PM »

I've been there for a while.   There was one "downstate" (not Chicago) D. who was instrumental in getting IL it's carry law.    And I still think Glen Poshard would have been a better gov. than nominal R. George <spit!> Ryan.  But, now?
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #247 on: January 08, 2021, 07:49:51 PM »
Seems like this thread is a fitting place for this:

Now Apple will likely be removing Parler from the Apple store. So if it's not the actual social media site banning people, now the, basically service providers, are banning entire platforms if they don't toe the progressive line. Given the whole reason Parler was started, I doubt they will comply. Then if Google does the same thing to them, they are basically dead in the water.

I mean, I don't even need my tinfoil anymore. This is total communication control.

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2021/01/08/did-aoc-do-this-apple-threatens-to-kick-parler-out-of-the-app-store/

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #248 on: January 08, 2021, 09:27:26 PM »
It already has, just not the shooting part yet.

There is very little conventional fighting in fourth generation warfare.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #249 on: January 08, 2021, 09:28:51 PM »
Seems like this thread is a fitting place for this:

Now Apple will likely be removing Parler from the Apple store. So if it's not the actual social media site banning people, now the, basically service providers, are banning entire platforms if they don't toe the progressive line. Given the whole reason Parler was started, I doubt they will comply. Then if Google does the same thing to them, they are basically dead in the water.

I mean, I don't even need my tinfoil anymore. This is total communication control.

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2021/01/08/did-aoc-do-this-apple-threatens-to-kick-parler-out-of-the-app-store/

Went to the Google store.  Already gone.