Author Topic: It's getting sporty in Washington...  (Read 79197 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: It's getting sporty in Washington...
« Reply #300 on: January 10, 2021, 11:07:04 AM »
Someone posted this in another forum   [tinfoil]

[tinfoil] [tinfoil] [tinfoil] [tinfoil]
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #301 on: January 10, 2021, 11:11:05 AM »
Tin foil hat stuff for sure. How do people come up with that weird crap?
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #302 on: January 10, 2021, 12:01:21 PM »
Tribunals? If the right actually held tribunals, they wouldn't be the right (or at least what they're supposed to stand for). That guy is ten donuts short of a dozen.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #303 on: January 10, 2021, 12:24:56 PM »
Tin foil hat stuff for sure. How do people come up with that weird crap?

Copeium is a hell of a drug.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #304 on: January 10, 2021, 12:49:34 PM »
Between Powel, Wood and the two Generals, Flynn and McInerney, the stories being told are incredible.

Top it all off with the Q Anon stuff and ...

In other areas of conspiracy world I've read stories of a break between the old guard and new guard of the behind the scenes rulers. This is what is going on behind the scenes and why things seem so crazy.

I'm pretty comfortable rejecting nearly everything our media tells us as lies, distortions, partial truths, sophisticated propaganda and psychological manipulation, particularly regarding politics.

What to actually believe regarding what is really going on in the political realm is much more difficult to suss out.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #305 on: January 10, 2021, 01:05:30 PM »
One of SWMBO's more tinfoil-hat acquaintances just Messenger'd a video of sumdood claiming that Special Forces were embedded in the Capitol rioters, that they took laptops from key reps' offices, that the laptops contained smoking-gun-level info, and that Trump was acting on it in secret as we speak. He then spent ten minutes begging everyone to have at least two weeks of non-perishables on hand right now because crap's about to get real. The acqaintance was at levitation-level frothing that we need to go to the store RIGHT NOW!!

Thankfully the cute kittens video I was watching kept my head from exploding, though the mention of emergency rations did remind me we're only two months from severe weather season and I need to start checking supplies.

Brad
« Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 02:11:34 PM by Brad Johnson »
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #306 on: January 10, 2021, 01:47:32 PM »
They won't need to go jackboot on us, rounding us up.

They will just keep denying us access to things one by one.

Gun owners refusing to comply with voluntary buy backs will be denied bank accounts, credit and access to health care. They will freeze your retirement accounts. Non-compliant gun owners will be unemployable.

We will either submit to survive or be denied everything needed to live modern life.

They have plenty of time. No hurry.

Who you going to go out and shoot or go to war with?

I guess that is possible, but then you would have a bunch of gun owners (a portion of whom won't give up) who have nothing to lose and would be living outside the world of electronic tracking.  Kind of sets up a dangerous situation.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #307 on: January 10, 2021, 04:50:42 PM »
One of SWMBO's more tinfoil-hat acquaintances just Messenger'd a video of sumdood claiming that Special Forces were embedded in the Capitol rioters, that they took laptops from key reps' offices, that the laptops contained smoking-gun-level info, and that Trump was acting on it in secret as we speak. He then spent ten minutes begging everyone to have at least two weeks of non-perishables on hand right now because crap's about to get real. The acqaintance was at levitation-level frothing that we need to go to the store RIGHT NOW!!

Thankfully the cute kittens video I was watching kept my head from exploding, though the mention of emergency rations did remind me we're only two months from severe weather season and I need to start checking supplies.

Brad

My conspiracy theory aunt also shared the same bullshit. She’s been claiming “they are gonna do X to stop the Dems!” for months now. Jesus Christ...

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #308 on: January 10, 2021, 08:14:01 PM »
About to get even more sporty

Speaker Pelosi in letter to House Democrats tonight announced the House’s plans for tomorrow’s 11am pro forma session: “Majority Leader Hoyer will request Unanimous Consent to bring up the Raskin (25th Amendment) resolution.” https://t.co/k5ycIhkIEE

— Craig Caplan (@CraigCaplan) January 10, 2021
Nancy Pelosi to issue VP Pence an ultimatum before moving forward with the impeachment of President Trump
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2021/01/10/nancy-pelosi-to-issue-vp-pence-an-ultimatum-before-moving-forward-with-the-impeachment-of-president-trump/

Yes, it’s the 14th Amendment, and it’s why I’m introducing a resolution to investigate and expel the members who attempted to overturn the presidential election and incited a white supremacist coup attempt.

If you agree, call your representative and ask them to cosponsor it. https://t.co/bFSmV6M6i9

— Cori Bush (@CoriBush) January 10, 2021
Rep. Cori Bush looks to expel GOP members of Congress using the 14th Amendment
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2021/01/10/rep-cori-bush-looks-to-expel-gop-members-of-congress-using-the-14th-amendment/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #309 on: January 10, 2021, 08:31:06 PM »
About to get even more sporty

Nancy Pelosi to issue VP Pence an ultimatum before moving forward with the impeachment of President Trump
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2021/01/10/nancy-pelosi-to-issue-vp-pence-an-ultimatum-before-moving-forward-with-the-impeachment-of-president-trump/

Rep. Cori Bush looks to expel GOP members of Congress using the 14th Amendment
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2021/01/10/rep-cori-bush-looks-to-expel-gop-members-of-congress-using-the-14th-amendment/

These aholes see "white supremes" everywhere.

Game on I guess.

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #310 on: January 10, 2021, 08:59:06 PM »
https://www.forbes.com/sites/jemimamcevoy/2021/01/10/major-companies-begin-suspending-donations-to-republicans-involved-in-biden-certification-challenge/?sh=621efe05cf69

Hotel giant Marriott International, the health insurance network Blue Cross Blue Shield, bank holding company Commerce Bancshares and Citibank, all told Popular Information, a political newsletter run by ThinkProgress founder and editor Judd Legum, that they will stop donating to any member of Congress who objected to the certification of the Electoral College vote.

Popular Information surveyed 144 corporations that had, through their corporate PACs, donated to one or more of the eight senators who opposed the certification of President-elect Joe Biden’s win.

In addition to the vows to indefinitely suspend donations, Bank of America, Ford Motor Co. and AT&T all said they will take recent events into consideration before making future donations, while CVS Health Corp., Exxon Mobil, FexEx and Target said they are reviewing their political giving.

Marriott’s PAC donated $1,000 to the campaign of Sen. Josh Hawley (R-MO) during the 2020 cycle and another $1,000 to Hawley’s leadership PAC, but the company told Forbes it will “pause” donations to those who voted against certification, including House members.

Blue Cross Blue Shield’s PAC, known as BLUEPAC, donated nearly $12,000 in total to Tommy Tuberville (R-AL), Roger Marshall (R-KS) and Hawley in the 2020 cycle, but told Popular Information it is suspending support to all 147 Republicans who voted "to subvert the results of November’s election by challenging Electoral College results."

Commerce Bancshares donated $2,500 to Marshall during the 2020 cycle, but told Popular Information it has "suspended all support for officials who have impeded the peaceful transfer of power."

Citibank’s PAC donated $1,000 to Hawley during the 2020 cycle, but said in an internal memo obtained by several news outlets on Sunday that it will “not support candidates who do not respect the rule of law” and will “pause contributions" from its PAC for the rest of the quarter.

A spokesperson for JP Morgan Chase & Co told Forbes it plans to suspend donations to both parties from its political action committee – which gave $1,000 to Marshall – for six months, with executive Peter Scher arguing in a statement “the focus of business leaders... should be on governing,” and adding, “There will be plenty of time for campaigning later.”

JP Morgan Chase may have the right idea.  As for the rest, seems to be virtue signaling.  The amounts previously donated are all pretty small.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #311 on: January 10, 2021, 09:50:24 PM »
Seems like a full-on double sided coup. All bets are off. Crikey  :O

[popcorn]
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #312 on: January 10, 2021, 10:34:13 PM »
                         - Barack Obama

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #313 on: January 10, 2021, 10:40:39 PM »
Even Parler's attorney has dropped them:

https://twitter.com/MatthewKeysLive/status/1348372956246732800

Again for the cheap seats,  why are they intent on Parler's destruction? 

(other than the obvious shameful attempt at suppression of anything right of Lenin)

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #314 on: January 10, 2021, 10:53:03 PM »
Again for the cheap seats,  why are they intent on Parler's destruction?  

(other than the obvious shameful attempt at suppression of anything right of Lenin)

The Right  Freedom must be destroyed!  Everything, everyone!   [ar15] [ar15] [ar15]

No matter what form it takes.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #315 on: January 10, 2021, 11:11:16 PM »

Gotta wonder what skeletons he had in his closet that the tech mafia threatened to expose.
Or, are they up to threatening his family?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #316 on: January 10, 2021, 11:14:59 PM »

- Barack Obama

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #317 on: January 11, 2021, 12:44:09 AM »
Again for the cheap seats,  why are they intent on Parler's destruction? 

To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of their women

A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #318 on: January 11, 2021, 08:33:52 AM »
Arnold totally c-ucked.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #319 on: January 11, 2021, 08:43:52 AM »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #320 on: January 11, 2021, 09:01:09 AM »
The gaslighting is epic.

We are watching a color revolution taking place before our eyes.

Everything in the media was pretty fake before all of this so I'm certainly not believing anything being reported now that the leftists have assumed and asserted control of everything.

WLJ

• friends
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #322 on: January 11, 2021, 09:41:39 AM »

Probably a leftist to start with.  He took the gig because it paid well, stuck with it until pressure from family, friends and peers overcame his natural greed.
Or, he's virtue signaling.  Or both.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #323 on: January 11, 2021, 09:42:54 AM »
Probably a leftist to start with.  He took the gig because it paid well, stuck with it until pressure from family, friends and peers overcame his natural greed.
Or, he's virtue signaling.  Or both.

Or death threats from the 93% peaceful left
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #324 on: January 11, 2021, 10:09:04 AM »
https://www.forbes.com/sites/jemimamcevoy/2021/01/10/major-companies-begin-suspending-donations-to-republicans-involved-in-biden-certification-challenge/?sh=621efe05cf69

JP Morgan Chase may have the right idea.  As for the rest, seems to be virtue signaling.  The amounts previously donated are all pretty small.

You almost think they assume R's will never regain power in D.C. for some reason. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge