Author Topic: It's getting sporty in Washington...  (Read 79128 times)

dogmush

• friend
Re: It's getting sporty in Washington...
« Reply #325 on: January 11, 2021, 10:10:05 AM »
You almost think they assume R's will never regain power in D.C. for some reason. 

They assume that even if the R's do regain power there won't be any organized retribution.  They are almost certainly correct.

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #326 on: January 11, 2021, 10:32:11 AM »
D's and R's are riding the same fascist wave. Now is the time to pick sides, lick boots and prove your loyalty to the new overlords.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #327 on: January 11, 2021, 11:07:55 AM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #328 on: January 11, 2021, 03:31:04 PM »
From just perusing news articles, there are dozens of them regarding the arrest of such and such individuals identified in the crowd in the capitol. It's already looking like they have arrested more people for this than for all the antifa riots all year.

Kind of also shows how big brother isn't the gov, but social media, since it's there that info to track all these people down given by all kinds of individuals on social media is how the arrests are happening. Who needs cameras on every street corner and drones when you have a liberal neighbor with a friendface account?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #329 on: January 11, 2021, 03:35:14 PM »
Basically we went from December 2020 to January 1984.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #330 on: January 11, 2021, 03:51:51 PM »
From just perusing news articles, there are dozens of them regarding the arrest of such and such individuals identified in the crowd in the capitol. It's already looking like they have arrested more people for this than for all the antifa riots all year.
Doesn't help that the Trump rioters by and large didn't wear masks and didn't all go dressed alike.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #331 on: January 11, 2021, 03:59:52 PM »
Doesn't help that the Trump rioters by and large didn't wear masks and didn't all go dressed alike.

I wonder if some of the identification is being done via facial recognition over security cameras?  If so, there must be a database somewhere containing a ton of average, ordinary folks facial ID without their knowledge.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #332 on: January 11, 2021, 04:02:42 PM »
I wonder if some of the identification is being done via facial recognition over security cameras?  If so, there must be a database somewhere containing a ton of average, ordinary folks facial ID without their knowledge.

All the photos loaded up into facebook etc have to be good for something right?
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #333 on: January 11, 2021, 04:03:38 PM »
All the photos loaded up into facebook etc have to be good for something right?

This is true.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #334 on: January 11, 2021, 04:03:48 PM »

what the hell do you think all those apps to "turn your selfie into a painting/retouch your selfie/pixar-ify yourself" are?

What do you think the crap on facebook is?

Americans have been forking over ALL their identifying info, data, and biometrics to these tech companies for years.
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #335 on: January 11, 2021, 04:05:07 PM »
what the hell do you think all those apps to "turn your selfie into a painting/retouch your selfie/pixar-ify yourself" are?

What do you think the crap on facebook is?

Americans have been forking over ALL their identifying info, data, and biometrics to these tech companies for years.

I don't mess with any of that crap, so my awareness of it is somewhat limited.

zahc

• friend
« Reply #336 on: January 11, 2021, 04:30:19 PM »
They probably don't even have to use facial recognition. It should be easy to nab everyone just based on their phone location data or the metadata of the photos they themselves took or otherwise provided. It's possible they were smart enough to turn off their phones but if they weren't smart enough to wear a disguise, or if they deliberately wanted to ve identifiable then I doubt it.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #337 on: January 11, 2021, 04:32:25 PM »
They probably don't even have to use facial recognition. It should be easy to nab everyone just based on their phone location data or the metadata of the photos they themselves took or otherwise provided. It's possible they were smart enough to turn off their phones but if they weren't smart enough to wear a disguise, or if they deliberately wanted to ve identifiable then I doubt it.

Refer to many of the morons that were smiling for the camera as their pics were taken and uploaded to the social medias.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #338 on: January 11, 2021, 04:37:35 PM »
To be fair to the morons, they had no reason to think they would be prosecuted.

Was anyone prosecuted from the Kavanagh hearing storming? I know there were some arrests, but I thought it was catch and release.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #339 on: January 11, 2021, 04:43:34 PM »

Was anyone prosecuted from the Kavanagh hearing storming? I know there were some arrests, but I thought it was catch and release.

This is accurate. We just went through literal MONTHS of politicians making excuses for ACTUAL rioting and burning of businesses, police stations, federal buildings.

Nobody thought they'd be prosecuted for sitting in a chair cheesing for a picture.

Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #340 on: January 11, 2021, 04:47:15 PM »
It's being called an act of sedition, treason and insurrection.

I sat through a bit of a Phone Townhall with my congressman. He was so enraged he splattered me with spittle through the phone  :P

The Democrats not only are looking at trying to get Trump supporting congressman thrown out of congress but looking at legal actions!
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #341 on: January 11, 2021, 05:09:46 PM »
It's being called an act of sedition, treason and insurrection.

I sat through a bit of a Phone Townhall with my congressman. He was so enraged he splattered me with spittle through the phone  :P

The Democrats not only are looking at trying to get Trump supporting congressman thrown out of congress but looking at legal actions!

I suspect they are searching for a legal excuse to summarily execute them.
"It's good, though..."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #342 on: January 11, 2021, 05:15:40 PM »
AR15.com got booted off GoDaddy.  Backup site at https://www.ar15-backup.com

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #343 on: January 11, 2021, 05:17:13 PM »
https://babylonbee.com/news/to-avoid-tech-censorship-the-babylon-bee-releases-innovative-new-print-edition
To Avoid Tech Censorship, The Babylon Bee Announces Innovative New Print Edition
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #344 on: January 11, 2021, 05:25:38 PM »
AR15.com got booted off GoDaddy.  Backup site at https://www.ar15-backup.com

I'm not the most web-savvy person, but ar15.com seems to be working fine for me (as of this writing).

(ETA: never mind.  Typing "ar15.com" takes one to ar15-backup.com.   :facepalm:)
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #345 on: January 11, 2021, 05:36:52 PM »

Point taken. Some of the charges I'm seeing for High School antics are frightening.

That's not to take away from people facing charges for things like beating that one cop half to death. However treason and sedition charges for posing for pictures kinda take away from the more serious crime.

In the meantime most of the antifas that were charged came under misdemeanor mischief type charges, and most of those were dropped IIRC. Not to mention the vice president elect posting bail for them.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #346 on: January 11, 2021, 06:07:10 PM »
Mother of horned invader who stormed Capitol says he hasn’t eaten because jail doesn’t serve all-organic food
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/01/11/mother-of-horned-invader-who-stormed-capitol-says-he-hasnt-eaten-because-jail-doesnt-serve-all-organic-food/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #347 on: January 11, 2021, 06:22:55 PM »
The horned guy, big leader of the insurrection ;/

https://heavy.com/news/jacob-chansley-jake-angeli/

I spoke with Jake Angeli, the QAnon guy who got inside the Senate chamber. He said police eventually gave up trying to stop him and other Trump supporters, and let them in. After a while, he said police politely asked him to leave and let him go without arrest — Adrian Morrow (@AdrianMorrow) January 6, 2021

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #348 on: January 11, 2021, 06:24:46 PM »

Where do you think your drivers license photo ends up? Notice how they have you stand a certain way, hold you head at a certain angle?

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #349 on: January 11, 2021, 08:10:12 PM »

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama