Author Topic: It's getting sporty in Washington...  (Read 79112 times)

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
Re: It's getting sporty in Washington...
« Reply #350 on: January 11, 2021, 08:50:52 PM »

Ho ho ho!  To The Book of Faces it goes, because I know someone who will be triggereddddd!
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #351 on: January 11, 2021, 11:47:00 PM »
The D.C. National Guard plans to have at minimum 10,000 troops in D.C. by Saturday in order to boost security before the inauguration.

Trump approves DC emergency declaration ahead of Biden inauguration
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/533746-trump-makes-emergency-declaration-ahead-of-biden-inauguration
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #352 on: January 12, 2021, 02:22:53 AM »
Trump approves DC emergency declaration ahead of Biden inauguration
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/533746-trump-makes-emergency-declaration-ahead-of-biden-inauguration

And yet he hasn't said anything on gab since Friday.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #353 on: January 12, 2021, 12:20:19 PM »

He's too busy playing 4D chess.

Or crying into his beer.

Take your pick.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #354 on: January 12, 2021, 12:21:08 PM »
He's too busy playing 4D chess.

Or crying into his beer.

Take your pick.

No! PELOSI IS KISSING AND TRUMP IS CONFERRING WITH HIS ELITE GENERALS?!!!

TRUST THE PLAN!
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #355 on: January 12, 2021, 12:45:34 PM »
The Q folks are still trusting the plan.

Trump and Pompeo aren't acting like they are going anywhere.

The Democrats are acting pretty odd themselves, their hyperbole and stated plans are overtly totalitarian, normies aren't noticing. 

The social media/internet giants are so over the top you would think normies would notice that, where they do they agree with it!

The rinos are running to the left so hard they are tripping over each other.

Crazy times indeed.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #356 on: January 12, 2021, 03:08:57 PM »
The Q folks are still trusting the plan.

Trump and Pompeo aren't acting like they are going anywhere.

The Democrats are acting pretty odd themselves, their hyperbole and stated plans are overtly totalitarian, normies aren't noticing

The social media/internet giants are so over the top you would think normies would notice that, where they do they agree with it!

The rinos are running to the left so hard they are tripping over each other.

Crazy times indeed.

I think more people are noticing than is apparent.  Hard to tell for certain.  What would you expect to see? 

Things are a bit weird.  The rhetoric from the leftist congressional leadership is even more extreme than it was given all the calls to remove President Trump from office prior to inauguration. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #357 on: January 12, 2021, 05:38:18 PM »

To be fair,  Gab is a hot mess lately.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #358 on: January 12, 2021, 08:47:20 PM »
Sorry Nancy

Vice President Pence tells Speaker Nancy Pelosi he won’t invoke the 25th Amendment or play ‘political games’
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/01/12/vice-president-pence-tells-speaker-nancy-pelosi-he-wont-invoke-the-25th-amendment-or-play-political-games/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #359 on: January 12, 2021, 09:29:26 PM »
Sorry Nancy

Vice President Pence tells Speaker Nancy Pelosi he won’t invoke the 25th Amendment or play ‘political games’
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/01/12/vice-president-pence-tells-speaker-nancy-pelosi-he-wont-invoke-the-25th-amendment-or-play-political-games/

Except he has already. (Played political games.)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #360 on: January 12, 2021, 10:25:07 PM »
I guess his hypocrisy does have limits.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #361 on: January 12, 2021, 10:38:52 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8yyY2oFwVI&lc=Ugz54H7Rqb1VwGhDFB14AaABAg.9IR-S0e8DaB9IRNdKpfLhu

Is it normal for politicians to be concerned about retaining (or not retaining) control over the military?  =|
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #362 on: January 13, 2021, 12:07:33 AM »
I guess his hypocrisy does have limits.

Is he their huckleberry?   :P

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #363 on: January 13, 2021, 09:33:52 AM »
Is he their huckleberry?   :P

I see I'm not the only one who thought of that.

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #364 on: January 13, 2021, 09:48:05 AM »
Good grief! He'll be gone in a week!
- Calvin and Hobbes

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #365 on: January 13, 2021, 09:52:39 AM »
Good grief! He'll be gone in a week!

They don't want him back in 2024.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #366 on: January 13, 2021, 09:57:13 AM »

He'd be almost 80 years old, is that a serious concern?  He looks good for his age now and he's still sharp (mostly) but really?  I don't see him running again even if he can.  I see him backing somebody like Sarah Palin (*not* Sarah Palin, I mean someone like her when she was still governor of Alaska and not on many ppl's radar)
"It's good, though..."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #367 on: January 13, 2021, 09:57:28 AM »

Expect the democratic rope trick to be preform soon to take care of that   [tinfoil]
- Calvin and Hobbes

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #368 on: January 13, 2021, 09:59:17 AM »

Hence the heavy-handed attempts to make him a non-person.
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #369 on: January 13, 2021, 10:07:26 AM »
Hence the heavy-handed attempts to make him a non-person.

As well as the heavy handed rhetoric being used to demonize Trump's supporters, people that just voted for him and conservatives in general.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #370 on: January 13, 2021, 10:11:46 AM »
He'd be almost 80 years old, is that a serious concern?  He looks good for his age now and he's still sharp (mostly) but really?  I don't see him running again even if he can. 
I guess it depends on what happens after he leaves office.  Four years is a long time, his companies are likely going to be the focus of concerted investigations and partisan boycotts.  I certainly doubt he is going to be the kind of guy to lay low like some past presidents.  

I could see him maintaining some of the political spotlight and could definitely see him running even if it is a bad idea. 

Then again, I thought it was a terrible idea for him to run initially, and a terrible idea for him to be elected, but ultimately I'm glad he did and was.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #371 on: January 13, 2021, 10:20:49 AM »
As well as the heavy handed rhetoric being used to demonize Trump's supporters, people that just voted for him and conservatives in general.

The old guy I hunt with visited me yesterday. This is a Marine Vietnam combat vet, who since I met him has been ridiculously pro-Trump to the point of flying a Trump flag on his flagpole and supporting Trump in what even I thought was almost a radical way. Trump lost because of election fraud.

Yesterday he had a 180 degree opinion. He now hates Trump, says that all the protestors in DC (not just the violent rioters) committed treason and insurrection and should be in jail, and even though he knows I have some, EBRs should be banned immediately. The election was free and fair and Trump lost and how dare he and his supporters attack the United States?

I couldn't believe it. The only reason I can think of is that he only gets his news from the MSM, included the liberal local papers. He had no idea about what Facebook and Twitter did (in fact he doesn't really even know what they are). When I tried to explain that he was getting censored news, he just replied that I was full of bullshit and interwebz places aren't anything but a fad. He just believes that Trump actually tried to lead a violent revolution against the government and that he is now a criminal.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #372 on: January 13, 2021, 10:27:12 AM »
He just believes that Trump actually tried to lead a violent revolution against the government and that he is now a criminal.
Trump said some dumb things.  No doubt about that, but we've had years of Trump saying dumb things.

How that leads to EBRs being banned I cannot fathom.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #373 on: January 13, 2021, 10:31:19 AM »
I was informed by a "non political" friend of mine (active in shooting sports as well as hunting) that Biden isn't going to do anything against gun rights and that he hopes that Biden brings back the Clinton economy.

Bidens words and website haven't done anything to dissuade his opinion.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #374 on: January 13, 2021, 10:59:15 AM »
Trump said some dumb things.  No doubt about that, but we've had years of Trump saying dumb things.

How that leads to EBRs being banned I cannot fathom.

I think it had to do with the FBI going apeshit about "armed protests at all state capitols."

There's going to be one in Boise and of course the Idaho Statesman (which he subscribes to) managed to make it sound like it will be an armed attack, versus the peaceful event it has been the last 1000 times they did it.

Honestly, if I only listened to CNN, NPR, etc., and only read local papers owned and managed by news corporations in Chicago and NYC, I might also think we have had something akin to Pearl Harbor (as some of them have reported).
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."