Author Topic: It's getting sporty in Washington...  (Read 79101 times)

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: It's getting sporty in Washington...
« Reply #375 on: January 13, 2021, 11:01:30 AM »
It was like Pearl Harbor, Ben.  Thousands of people across the country were scared for a little while.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #376 on: January 13, 2021, 11:32:20 AM »
Thornton Melon: The football team at my high school, they were tough. After they sacked the quarterback, they went after his family.

Rep. Hakeem Jeffries claims ‘Donald Trump Jr. is now under criminal investigation’ in D.C.
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2021/01/13/rep-hakeem-jeffries-claims-donald-trump-jr-is-now-under-criminal-investigation-in-d-c/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #378 on: January 13, 2021, 03:43:30 PM »
He'd be almost 80 years old, is that a serious concern?  He looks good for his age now and he's still sharp (mostly) but really?  I don't see him running again even if he can.  I see him backing somebody like Sarah Palin (*not* Sarah Palin, I mean someone like her when she was still governor of Alaska and not on many ppl's radar)

My friends grandfather was still running marathons at 95.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #379 on: January 13, 2021, 03:45:06 PM »
The Q folks are still trusting the plan.

Trump and Pompeo aren't acting like they are going anywhere.

The Democrats are acting pretty odd themselves, their hyperbole and stated plans are overtly totalitarian, normies aren't noticing.  

The social media/internet giants are so over the top you would think normies would notice that, where they do they agree with it!

Are "the normies" even aware of this?  I have no idea what they see, if they get their news from CNN.   (Alex Jones, CNN.  pick one.)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 10:08:59 AM by lee n. field »
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #380 on: January 13, 2021, 03:46:22 PM »
Are the normies even aware of this?  I have no idea what they see, if they get their news from CNN.   (Alex Jones, CNN.  pick one.)

Right wing boomer idiots boycotted “mainstream media” and ran to dipshit groups on Facebook that spread w nonsense and are ran by LARPing idiots
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #381 on: January 13, 2021, 04:01:42 PM »

Scary shades of the Reichstag fire
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #382 on: January 13, 2021, 04:08:31 PM »
Scary shades of the Reichstag fire
This.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #383 on: January 13, 2021, 04:10:45 PM »

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

TechMan

• Administrator
« Reply #384 on: January 14, 2021, 09:55:09 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-f4JQ7-WWTw  What is up with the initial video of the police line in the background and the police letting the rioters in.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #385 on: January 14, 2021, 10:33:10 AM »
What's up with all the capitol raiders looking like they just came from a "larping" event in the park?
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #386 on: January 14, 2021, 11:23:39 AM »
 :facepalm:

THERE it is! Andrew McCabe explains why Trump’s video calling for peace was actually a call for violence
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2021/01/14/there-it-is-andrew-mccabe-explains-why-trumps-video-calling-for-peace-was-actually-a-call-for-violence/
- Calvin and Hobbes

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #387 on: January 14, 2021, 11:30:51 AM »
:facepalm:

THERE it is! Andrew McCabe explains why Trump’s video calling for peace was actually a call for violence
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2021/01/14/there-it-is-andrew-mccabe-explains-why-trumps-video-calling-for-peace-was-actually-a-call-for-violence/

I saw some comments on Disqus that the raid on the capitol started 20 minutes before Trump finished speaking, then it would take an hour to get from the Eclipse (what is that?) to the Capitol.  So the rioters could not have heard the speech that supposedly incited them to violence.  Let's see if I can find it again...

Quote from: William James
Christie is full of beans -- or what beans become after a few hours in the digestive system. One America News pointed out a glaring problem in the impeachment charges yesterday. How can someone be guilty of inciting a riot when the rioters have not heard heard his speech? The trouble began to erupt at the Capitol twenty minutes before Trump finished speaking, and nearly an hour before anyone at the Ellipse could have gotten to the Capitol. I have several eyewitness reports from friends or relatives at or near the Ellipse who reported that the noise of the flash bangs, which they feared might be gunshots, was audible as they were a block or two from the Capitol. That was a signal to them to steer clear, which they did. It is highly improbable that the group that blew up at the Capitol could have heard Trump's speech via cellphone, since streaming was just about impossible because of the traffic overload from all the users in the city. So the Democrats, in their vendetta and their hate-driven lust to destroy Trump, have impeached him for an alleged misdeed which is almost impossible to have done. Another of many good reasons why the Democrat logo is a  donkey, although the other word is more fitting.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2021/jan/13/did-trump-commit-a-crime-by-exhorting-the-crowds-o/
"It's good, though..."

TechMan

• Administrator
« Reply #388 on: January 14, 2021, 11:42:11 AM »
I saw some comments on Disqus that the raid on the capitol started 20 minutes before Trump finished speaking, then it would take an hour to get from the Eclipse (what is that?) to the Capitol.  So the rioters could not have heard the speech that supposedly incited them to violence.  Let's see if I can find it again...

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2021/jan/13/did-trump-commit-a-crime-by-exhorting-the-crowds-o/

https://goo.gl/maps/hkKwAXWgAbBTo6NT9

And according to the Google Maps it would take 34 minutes to walk from The Ellipse to Capital Hill.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #389 on: January 14, 2021, 11:50:32 AM »
Yes it stared during his speech and the FBI and NYPD both warned them in advance but the capital police said no to extra security.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #390 on: January 14, 2021, 11:52:47 AM »

And according to the Google Maps it would take 34 minutes to walk from The Ellipse to Capital Hill.

It didn't look like an hour on the map.  But 34 minutes is still significant.
"It's good, though..."

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #391 on: January 14, 2021, 11:55:05 AM »

It also means that anyone who heard the speech was about an hour away when the "assault" on the capitol happened.

20+34 = 54 = about an hour.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #392 on: January 14, 2021, 11:58:12 AM »
The Washington Times is considered a propaganda rag by the left, and the sheep that watch stuff like the View are easily convinced of the same. This will not get any traction in the MSM and Twitter et al will simply censor it.

In fact, to counteract their story, I suspect you'll soon be hearing about how the rioters staged operatives with secure comms at Trump's speech while the shock troops were already positioned at the Capitol. Trump will have said a super duper secret coded phrase embedded in his speech that was communicated to the KKK warriors at the Capitol who then executed the insurrection.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #393 on: January 14, 2021, 12:04:11 PM »
Here you go. Even the "conservative mouthpiece" Fox News is reporting that there will be increased "domestic terrorism" in 2021, alluding it will pretty much be from "the militias".

https://www.foxnews.com/us/law-enforcement-bulletin-feds-violent-extremism-terror-threat

Biden/Harris will turn this up to 11, antifa will continue to burn down cities and at worst be charged with misdemeanors, and guys with 3% T-shirts will be arrested by anti-terrorism task forces and charged with felonies for being out in public and inciting violence with their shirts.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #394 on: January 14, 2021, 12:36:39 PM »
It didn't look like an hour on the map.  But 34 minutes is still significant.
Might take longer with the area so crowded too.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #395 on: January 14, 2021, 04:34:11 PM »
I've lost my "Dog Whistle" decoder sheet, can someone shoot me a copy please?
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #396 on: January 14, 2021, 04:56:45 PM »
Here you go. Even the "conservative mouthpiece" Fox News is reporting that there will be increased "domestic terrorism" in 2021, alluding it will pretty much be from "the militias".

https://www.foxnews.com/us/law-enforcement-bulletin-feds-violent-extremism-terror-threat

Biden/Harris will turn this up to 11, antifa will continue to burn down cities and at worst be charged with misdemeanors, and guys with 3% T-shirts will be arrested by anti-terrorism task forces and charged with felonies for being out in public and inciting violence with their shirts.

I’m going to stop carrying a gun and start carrying zip ties since that constitutes being “armed”
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #397 on: January 14, 2021, 05:09:23 PM »
I've lost my "Dog Whistle" decoder sheet, can someone shoot me a copy please?

Well, for one: Remember when we discussed how the traditional "OK" sign has now been linked to white supremacy? Well, poor Kyle Rittenhouse decided to let his supporters know that he was OK after his arraignment.

Oops.

https://www.newser.com/story/301299/prosecutors-link-rittenhouse-to-proud-boys-white-power.html?utm_source=part&utm_medium=uol&utm_campaign=rss_crime
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #398 on: January 14, 2021, 05:21:04 PM »
Well, for one: Remember when we discussed how the traditional "OK" sign has now been linked to white supremacy? Well, poor Kyle Rittenhouse decided to let his supporters know that he was OK after his arraignment.

Oops.

https://www.newser.com/story/301299/prosecutors-link-rittenhouse-to-proud-boys-white-power.html?utm_source=part&utm_medium=uol&utm_campaign=rss_crime

Freedom-wise, there is zero wrong with what he did. But geez, I thought some top dog lawyers are defending him. Didn't they brief him on optics? He doesn't have to stay locked up at home, but he needs to be careful about where he goes and how that appears to his worst detractors (which include the MSM, who will happily set him up).

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #399 on: January 14, 2021, 06:19:53 PM »
So there is now also a "sedition task force". Of course just for the "right wing", not antifa or anything.

Are they pretty much just ripping off President Clark's regime from Babylon 5 at this point? AOC wants a ministry of truth now as well.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/01/14/catherine-herridge-small-unit-tactics-witnessed-both-inside-and-outside-the-capitol-building/