Author Topic: It's getting sporty in Washington...  (Read 79214 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Re: It's getting sporty in Washington...
« Reply #425 on: January 16, 2021, 09:07:48 PM »
My wife and I were discussing this, watching the NG troops on the network news: are they being issued ammo, or are the M4s just for show?

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #426 on: January 16, 2021, 09:16:25 PM »
Just the sight of a firearm will make a lefty piss his/her pants.....  add in a little transference....

Why would they need ammo? 

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #427 on: January 16, 2021, 09:56:28 PM »
I’m strongly guessing the latter.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #428 on: January 16, 2021, 11:18:06 PM »
To be fair, the Taliban isn't as a big of a threat to America as is Biden.

I wish I could laugh at that.  It was witty.  But I just can't.      :'(
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

HankB

• friend
« Reply #429 on: January 16, 2021, 11:39:56 PM »
My wife and I were discussing this, watching the NG troops on the network news: are they being issued ammo, or are the M4s just for show?
If I was being called up, I'd make darned sure to bring some of my own ammo.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #430 on: January 17, 2021, 12:50:13 AM »
Just the sight of a firearm will make a lefty piss his/her pants.....  add in a little transference....

Why would they need ammo? 
They aren’t there to stop the lefties.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #431 on: January 17, 2021, 08:39:55 AM »
They aren’t there to stop the lefties.

Also not necessarily to stop the righties. This is a staggering number of troops. They could have done adequate security with a tenth this number. This is a statement.

I recall that all of the left that are applauding the optics of this were screaming about ~100 feds sent to Portland to stop actual violence in progress.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #432 on: January 17, 2021, 08:51:17 AM »
Also not necessarily to stop the righties. This is a staggering number of troops. They could have done adequate security with a tenth this number. This is a statement.

I recall that all of the left that are applauding the optics of this were screaming about ~100 feds sent to Portland to stop actual violence in progress.

Quoted for truth.  The feds are telling the proles they had better stay in line.  There is a world of hurt awaiting those that don't.  And not just in DC, and not just for the virtual inauguration.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #433 on: January 17, 2021, 09:35:51 AM »

Maybe not to stop the righties, but the statement was made only in direct response to the first riot on the right in recent memory. Seems like a pointed statement.

I had a very anti-Trump client comparing the Feds going to Portland with Kent State. I wonder what he thinks about this.

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #434 on: January 17, 2021, 09:39:39 AM »
Probably among the largest troop deployments in the last decade? Well it makes it very clear who Washington is at War with currently. Let that sink in.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #435 on: January 17, 2021, 09:54:30 AM »
Maybe not to stop the righties, but the statement was made only in direct response to the first riot on the right in recent memory.

I agree with this, and it's what I didn't make clear in my post.

If this were the Trump inauguration, we'd be hearing about despots, police states, and totalitarianism.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #436 on: January 17, 2021, 10:07:43 AM »
Beeler was subsequently transported to USCP Headquarters and charged with Carrying a Pistol without a License; Possession of Unregistered Firearm, and Possession of Unregistered Ammunition.

"Unregistered ammunition".

https://www.theepochtimes.com/virginia-man-arrested-at-dc-checkpoint-with-unregistered-firearm-says-it-was-honest-mistake_3659637.html

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #437 on: January 17, 2021, 10:25:03 AM »
If I was being called up, I'd make darned sure to bring some of my own ammo.

And you’d probably be in deep kimchi....for violating orders

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #438 on: January 17, 2021, 11:32:42 AM »
Dems & the MSM 2016-17: Questioning election results is patriotic and must be encouraged to help protect our democracy
Dems & the MSM 2020-21: Questioning election results is sedition which must be prosecuted to help protect our democracy
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #439 on: January 17, 2021, 04:21:50 PM »
I’ve heard a Twitter rumor, accompanied by a photo of a NG member with no mag in his rifle with the caption of “Biden’s transition team ordered mags and ammo to be confiscated because fears one of the NG soldiers will assassinate him”. More likely they never issued ammo or mags in the first place. Or if they do have ammo probably ordered not to lock and load to prevent Snuffy ND or AD.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #440 on: January 17, 2021, 04:47:00 PM »
I've seen the empty mag wells in all the pictures but speaking with a friend of mine this afternoon, with over twenty years in the guard after acctive service, said they had about 500 rounds for each one of them.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #441 on: January 17, 2021, 04:54:28 PM »
That's kinda SOP.  Even if you have loaded mags you aren't going to go amber (mags inserted)  or red (round chambered) unless there is some kind of activity that makes you think you'll be using the weapon.  And yes, that's to prevent clearing ND's.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #442 on: January 17, 2021, 05:44:16 PM »
Another "unregistered ammunition" arrest:

D.C. police on Sunday arrested 22-year-old Guy Berry of Gordonsville, Va. for allegedly carrying a pistol without a license, possession of a large capacity ammunition feeding device, and unregistered ammunition, Fox News has learned.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #443 on: January 18, 2021, 01:01:13 AM »
Now they are "vetting" the NG troops in DC for the election. So, be cardboard cutouts, but no ammo for you. More and more I am adding the tinfoil that Biden's great service to the democratic party is to die in a loud and glorious manner on inauguration day. Then we have a free hand to round up all those radicals. [tinfoil]
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #444 on: January 18, 2021, 08:37:35 AM »
Now they are "vetting" the NG troops in DC for the election. So, be cardboard cutouts, but no ammo for you. More and more I am adding the tinfoil that Biden's great service to the democratic party is to die in a loud and glorious manner on inauguration day. Then we have a free hand to round up all those radicals. [tinfoil]

I was just coming here to post that. On the bright side, maybe it's a message to the TDS people that the military might not just robotically follow unconstitutional orders (e.g., gun confiscation).

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #445 on: January 18, 2021, 09:09:42 AM »
The FBI claims that the woman who stole a laptop from Pelosi's office planned to sell it to Russian intelligence. This seem rather far-fetched to me. Why would one of these ultra conservative " 'Merica!" rioters sell information on the US to Russia?

I wonder if the same people in the FBI who spearheaded "Russia, Russia, Russia!" against Trump are in charge of this investigation?

https://www.theepochtimes.com/fbi-probing-allegation-that-woman-stole-laptop-from-pelosis-office-to-sell-it-to-russia_3660762.html

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #446 on: January 18, 2021, 09:15:08 AM »
All options are on the table. For some reason things are being pushed VERY fast regarding implementation of globalist totalitarian policies. The masks are already off, I would definitely count on "an event" that would justify taking off the gloves before the frogs start jumping out of the pot. Biden is just another old white patriarch, and Kamala is the unimpeachable authoritarian high SJW scoring stooge.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #447 on: January 18, 2021, 09:22:23 AM »
The FBI claims that the woman who stole a laptop from Pelosi's office planned to sell it to Russian intelligence. This seem rather far-fetched to me. Why would one of these ultra conservative " 'Merica!" rioters sell information on the US to Russia?

I wonder if the same people in the FBI who spearheaded "Russia, Russia, Russia!" against Trump are in charge of this investigation?

https://www.theepochtimes.com/fbi-probing-allegation-that-woman-stole-laptop-from-pelosis-office-to-sell-it-to-russia_3660762.html

The Chinese were charging too much for the info off the laptop so the Russians had to try and get it by other means
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #449 on: January 18, 2021, 12:19:43 PM »
Once again, I am forced to ask myself "If the left wanted to incite a violent response from the right what would they do differently?"
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams