Author Topic: It's getting sporty in Washington...  (Read 80093 times)

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: It's getting sporty in Washington...
« Reply #451 on: January 18, 2021, 12:26:09 PM »
Once again, I am forced to ask myself "If the left wanted to incite a violent response from the right what would they do differently?"

Well, how about this?

Banning gun safe ads? And how does doing any of this affect tomorrow? Are they thinking people are somehow going to do same day shipping of armor or a holster so they are ready to take over the country tomorrow?

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/facebook-bans-weapon-accessories-protective-gear-ads-in-us_n_60037217c5b697df1a0624f8
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #452 on: January 18, 2021, 05:37:00 PM »
75% of National Guard are compromised Trump voters!!!

Unity!

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2021/01/18/dem-rep-steve-cohen-suggests-that-at-least-75-of-national-guard-might-be-compromised-because-they-voted-for-donald-trump-video/

Anyone who voted for Trump is considered an enemy of the state

BTW: How the heck does he know how they voted?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #453 on: January 18, 2021, 07:00:27 PM »
Anyone who voted for Trump is considered an enemy of the state

I was wondering that too.  I think if the FBI or someone in command asked a guardsman who he/she voted for, the proper response is something like "Respectfully, go *expletive deleted*ck yourself"  (go *expletive deleted*ck yourself sir if it's someone in command.)
"It's good, though..."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #454 on: January 18, 2021, 08:17:12 PM »
Well, how about this?

Banning gun safe ads? And how does doing any of this affect tomorrow? Are they thinking people are somehow going to do same day shipping of armor or a holster so they are ready to take over the country tomorrow?

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/facebook-bans-weapon-accessories-protective-gear-ads-in-us_n_60037217c5b697df1a0624f8

Someone could drop a safe on Biden. Didn't you see Roger Rabbit?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #455 on: January 18, 2021, 08:18:57 PM »

Probably using Facebook data and algorithms.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #456 on: January 18, 2021, 09:55:44 PM »
Did someone ask if this can get any dumber?
Enter Hillary

Hillary Clinton will never be president, but she does have her own podcast, so that’s something, and she even managed to wrangle on Speaker Nancy Pelosi as a special guest. Proving that she’ll never let up on the Russian collusion theme, Clinton called for an investigative body to finally determine President Trump’s ties to Vladimir Putin (maybe she could get Robert Mueller to head it).

She also said she’d like to see Trump’s phone records from Jan. 6, the day the Capitol was stormed, to see if Trump called Putin … for instructions or moral support or something.

We apologize that this tweet includes the sound of Clinton’s voice:

Hillary Clinton wants to see President Trump’s phone records to see if he called Putin on the day of the Capitol attack
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/01/18/hillary-clinton-wants-to-see-president-trumps-phone-records-to-see-if-he-called-putin-on-the-day-of-the-capitol-attack/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #457 on: January 18, 2021, 10:30:44 PM »
During the local news they played a clip of an someone standing in front of an FBI background who, while talking about Jan 6, said

"Tipsters have turned in family, friends & neighbors who've become increasingly radicalized by inflammatory rhetoric "

Even a short, intense media campaign like this has been would have the same people reporting on firearm owners.  Wouldn't take much, wouldn't take long.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #458 on: January 18, 2021, 10:31:59 PM »
Is it possible that people in this country might become so stupid that the country becomes unsustainable? ? ? ?

[popcorn]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #459 on: January 18, 2021, 10:33:29 PM »
Not all people, but enough - Yes.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #460 on: January 18, 2021, 10:35:16 PM »
Is it possible that people in this country might become so stupid evil & corrupt that the country becomes unsustainable? ? ? ?

[popcorn]

Fixed it by myself ...... :'(
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #461 on: January 18, 2021, 10:39:20 PM »
Is it possible that people in this country might become so stupid that the country becomes unsustainable? ? ? ?

[popcorn]

I think we reached that point a while back. It just takes time for all of the "bags of wet cement" to hit the ground
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #462 on: January 18, 2021, 10:42:02 PM »
During the local news they played a clip of an someone standing in front of an FBI background who, while talking about Jan 6, said

"Tipsters have turned in family, friends & neighbors who've become increasingly radicalized by inflammatory rhetoric "

Even a short, intense media campaign like this has been would have the same people reporting on firearm owners.  Wouldn't take much, wouldn't take long.

Oh My Mao! He voted for Trump! Hello FBI Cheka......
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #463 on: January 19, 2021, 08:08:10 AM »

Even a short, intense media campaign like this has been would have the same people reporting on firearm owners.  Wouldn't take much, wouldn't take long.

Can we FOIA that list of tipsters so we can properly......thank them for their civic responsibility?

griz

• friend
« Reply #464 on: January 19, 2021, 12:15:19 PM »
Re: "Vetting" the National Guard, I think this quest for loyalty to the party is close to violating the Civil Service Reform Act of 1978.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #465 on: January 19, 2021, 12:37:37 PM »
Re: "Vetting" the National Guard, I think this quest for loyalty to the party is close to violating the Civil Service Reform Act of 1978.

Plus just generally pissing off the military by directly implying that their vetting, training, and internal oversight are insufficient or that those in charge of it are incompetent.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #466 on: January 19, 2021, 01:55:30 PM »
Plus just generally pissing off the military by directly implying that their vetting, training, and internal oversight are insufficient or that those in charge of it are incompetent.

Brad

Totally unrelated fun fact:  the US military experiences only one quarter the per capita rate of criminality compared to the general population of the United States.  As far as I'm aware this is the lowest for any discernable demographic. 

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #467 on: January 19, 2021, 02:23:52 PM »

Totally unrelated fun fact:  the US military experiences only one quarter the per capita rate of criminality compared to the general population of the United States.  As far as I'm aware this is the lowest for any discernable demographic. 
Concealed carry holders are pretty low.  Probably don't have national data on that I guess.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #468 on: January 19, 2021, 02:25:39 PM »

Infants.  Checkmate.   =D

(To be fair, much of what infants do should be considered criminal ...)

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #469 on: January 19, 2021, 02:35:24 PM »
Infants.  Checkmate.   =D

(To be fair, much of what infants do should be considered criminal ...)
Are you sure you are not talking about Politicians? 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HankB

• friend
« Reply #470 on: January 19, 2021, 03:18:13 PM »
Anyone else think it's both ominous and suggestive that the incoming administration thinks it needs to surround itself with a LOT of military force to protect itself from the general population?

Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #471 on: January 19, 2021, 03:22:13 PM »
Anyone else think it's both ominous and suggestive that the incoming administration thinks it needs to surround itself with a LOT of military force to protect itself from the general population?

And is purging infidels from said military.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #472 on: January 19, 2021, 03:56:38 PM »

It would be laughably idiotic if it weren't so serious.

They had a riot with *maybe* 7 or 8 hundred people acting out, and they have convinced themselves that there are 74 million folks ready to kill them.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #473 on: January 19, 2021, 04:09:49 PM »
It would be laughably idiotic if it weren't so serious.

They had a riot with *maybe* 7 or 8 hundred people acting out, and they have convinced themselves that there are 74 million folks ready to kill them.

I have no way of getting accurate numbers, and likely no one does thanks to the MSM, but I'll hazard to guess it was considerably lower than that - maybe half that "acting out". It seems a lot of people that made it into the capitol did nothing but walk around. I might argue that many of those folks even thought it was okay to be there. Caveat of "ignorance of the law" of course, but that segment of the "rioters" have no business being convicted of sedition and other serious felonies.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #474 on: January 19, 2021, 04:16:33 PM »
I have no way of getting accurate numbers, and likely no one does thanks to the MSM, but I'll hazard to guess it was considerably lower than that - maybe half that "acting out". It seems a lot of people that made it into the capitol did nothing but walk around. I might argue that many of those folks even thought it was okay to be there. Caveat of "ignorance of the law" of course, but that segment of the "rioters" have no business being convicted of sedition and other serious felonies.

They will be convicted solely because they are conservatives, Trump supporters, and possibly Republicans.  Membership in any of those categories is now a crime itself according to the Left.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.