Author Topic: It's getting sporty in Washington...  (Read 79150 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: It's getting sporty in Washington...
« Reply #475 on: January 19, 2021, 05:07:15 PM »
A dozen NG have been pulled from DC (so far) and are heading for the reeducation camps. Claims are "inappropriate comments". Some were snitched on via some kind of tip line.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/12-national-guard-troops-pulled-from-duty-in-washington-ahead-of-inauguration_3663114.html

I'm betting innocuous comments, it was all the jackboots could find, and they had to pinch somebody for something to make the new regime happy. Likely these will be innocent guardsmen whose careers are now ruined.

Resist 46.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #476 on: January 19, 2021, 05:39:54 PM »
I hope they keep it up. Every NG they pull is another Sargeant, Colonel, General, State Governor, or military-friendly political figure with that much more animosity for the current administration's bullshittery. If they do try to pull something as abysmally stupid as calling up the NG against general citizenry for some utopically-twisted leftist propagandic misanthropy, I want all the pissed off Guardsmen (Guardpersons?) and politicritters I can find on my side.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #477 on: January 19, 2021, 05:41:37 PM »
Those NG members that don't want to be there have an easy out.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #478 on: January 19, 2021, 05:54:49 PM »
FBI raided a house about 30 minutes from me. The local news *expletive deleted*ck standing in front of the camera made sure to point out “they have a Trump flag!” (Like 75% of the houses in this state).
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #479 on: January 19, 2021, 06:04:09 PM »
Anyone else think it's both ominous and suggestive that the incoming administration thinks it needs to surround itself with a LOT of military force to protect itself from the general population?

Yes.

One of the local radio personalities is calling this "political theater" - I agree that it is.  I am afraid of what the 3rd act is going to entail.  They're building up to one hell of a conclusion.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #480 on: January 19, 2021, 06:25:35 PM »
Job #1 wanted a delivery driver tonight to run something up to the federal district. That’s a hard no from me.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #481 on: January 19, 2021, 07:31:00 PM »
Job #1 wanted a delivery driver tonight to run something up to the federal district. That’s a hard no from me.

Think of the overtime!
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #482 on: January 19, 2021, 07:47:17 PM »
Those NG members that don't want to be there have an easy out.

... and it will only cost them their careers.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #483 on: January 19, 2021, 07:49:35 PM »
A dozen NG have been pulled from DC (so far) and are heading for the reeducation camps. Claims are "inappropriate comments". Some were snitched on via some kind of tip line.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/12-national-guard-troops-pulled-from-duty-in-washington-ahead-of-inauguration_3663114.html

I'm betting innocuous comments, it was all the jackboots could find, and they had to pinch somebody for something to make the new regime happy. Likely these will be innocent guardsmen whose careers are now ruined.

It got me thinking about having political officers embedded in each military unit.    [tinfoil]

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

griz

• friend
« Reply #484 on: January 19, 2021, 07:56:42 PM »
Infants.  Checkmate.   =D

(To be fair, much of what infants do should be considered criminal ...)

they are a politically protected group and always get a pass on disturbing the peace. ;)
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #485 on: January 19, 2021, 08:08:33 PM »
It got me thinking about having political officers embedded in each military unit.    [tinfoil]

Well they did say this (quoted in the article):

“We’re not taking any chances. Anything flags, there’s any reason that somebody’s name is brought to the attention of the command? They’re being removed from the line. We’ll ask questions later,” Pentagon press secretary Jonathan Hoffman said.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #486 on: January 19, 2021, 08:16:21 PM »
Yeah, we'll *expletive deleted*ck up somebody's career 'cause an ahole decided to get revenge.

Same ol', same ol'.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #487 on: January 19, 2021, 08:23:20 PM »
It's all gonna be okay. Unbiased CNN says so.

CNN's David Chalian says that the side lights on the National Mall's reflecting pool are like "extensions of Joe Biden's arms embracing America."

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #488 on: January 19, 2021, 08:49:26 PM »

A redundant term; the officers are already politicized.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #489 on: January 27, 2021, 07:36:26 PM »
 :facepalm:

In case you missed it, a bunch of people on internet message board Reddit artificially blew up the stock price of GameStop, the brick-and-mortar store that sells and trades physical copies of videogames in an age where digital downloads are the new normal. You don’t have to know the details of the story to appreciate CNN’s Chris Cillizza’s hot take, which was that “Trumpism” was the explanation for the GameStop surge.

Here’s an even hotter take, though, from Mother Jones’ Ali Breland, who’s been scanning the messaging app Telegram and finding that “the Nazis appear to be trading GameStop and AMC as well.”

Hot take: What’s the overlap between the Nazis trading GameStop stocks and the ones who stormed the Capitol?
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/01/27/hot-take-whats-the-overlap-between-the-nazis-trading-gamestop-stocks-and-the-ones-who-stormed-the-capitol/

Space Age ---> Infomation Age ----> Stupid Age
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

griz

• friend
« Reply #490 on: January 27, 2021, 07:58:42 PM »
^^^  I'm sure our robot overlords are rolling their eyes at the shenanigans of the biological life forms.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #491 on: January 27, 2021, 08:02:49 PM »
^^^  I'm sure our robot overlords are rolling their eyes at the shenanigans of the biological life forms.

I wish I had a robot overlord.  Probably be far more rational than my sociopath governor.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #492 on: January 28, 2021, 06:08:09 PM »
A Second Police Officer Who Responded to Capitol Riots Has Died by Suicide
https://currently.att.yahoo.com/att/cm/second-police-officer-responded-capitol-162405666.html

This headline caught my eye.  Not sure what is normal for Capitol Police.  The below article was linked.

https://people.com/politics/off-duty-capitol-officer-responded-riot-dies/
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #493 on: January 28, 2021, 06:34:22 PM »
Two cops suicide after a riot that wasn't really much of a riot.  Something about this makes me suspicious.  Along the lines of someone associated with the Clintons who committed suicide by shooting himself in the back of the head.

It just doesn't smell right.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #494 on: January 28, 2021, 08:19:15 PM »
Cop suicide rates are high. Not sure it had anything to do with the mostly peaceful protest.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #495 on: January 28, 2021, 10:07:18 PM »
Cop suicide rates are high. Not sure it had anything to do with the mostly peaceful protest violent, white supremist insurrection.

Gott keep on narrative....
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #496 on: January 28, 2021, 10:18:56 PM »
Two cops suicide after a riot that wasn't really much of a riot.  Something about this makes me suspicious.  Along the lines of someone associated with the Clintons who committed suicide by shooting himself in the back of the head.

It just doesn't smell right.

Naw,  they do that ALL the time.. :tinfoil:

"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #497 on: January 28, 2021, 11:11:44 PM »
Public Service Announcement: Don’t Be the ‘Zip Tie Guy’
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/public-service-announcement-dont-be-the-zip-tie-guy/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #498 on: January 29, 2021, 01:12:21 PM »
Come on baby lets do the twist

On Jan. 6, that same threat descended on the Capitol. Domestic terrorists attacked the seat of American democracy, intending to violently subvert the will of the people.

These insurrectionists came armed with zip ties, pepper spray, pipe bombs, smoke devices and other weapons. They wanted not only to disrupt the proceedings that ratified Joe Biden as the next president of the United States but also to inflict harm on our legislators and on Vice President Mike Pence.

We may have D.C.’s gun laws to thank for averting such disaster.
WaPo Op-Ed: Washington D.C.’s Strict Gun Control Laws Saved Democracy!
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/wapo-op-ed-washington-d-c-s-gun-control-laws-saved-democracy/
- Calvin and Hobbes

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #499 on: January 29, 2021, 08:01:56 PM »
Come on baby lets do the twist
WaPo Op-Ed: Washington D.C.’s Strict Gun Control Laws Saved Democracy!
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/wapo-op-ed-washington-d-c-s-gun-control-laws-saved-democracy/
:facepalm:
Really? ? ?   The STOOOOPIDZ  is monumental.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero