Author Topic: It's getting sporty in Washington...  (Read 79116 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: It's getting sporty in Washington...
« Reply #500 on: January 30, 2021, 02:56:26 PM »
Has anyone seen any recent stories regarding the cop who shot the girl, and any investigations? I haven't seen anything since the first week of JAN, when they reported him on administrative leave.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #501 on: January 30, 2021, 04:49:16 PM »
The ACAB crowd is celebrating him as a Hero of the Soviet Union

But you know, a cop shots a felon with a mile long rap sheet with a gun in his hand and the world ends
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #502 on: February 06, 2021, 09:17:51 AM »
Regarding one of the Capitol Police officers that died:

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2021/02/05/vexed-cnn-reports-investigators-are-having-trouble-building-a-federal-murder-case-regarding-the-death-of-uscp-officer-brian-sicknick/

“Medical examiners did not find signs that the officer sustained any blunt force trauma, so investigators believe that early reports that he was fatally struck by a fire extinguisher are not true.”

Again, he never should have had to die, but it sure seems like there's more and more evidence (often ignored/deflected by the MSM) that things are turning out not as initially reported about the whole day. All the reports I read said he was absolutely struck by a fire extinguisher. I read it enough times from a variety of sources to believe it. Now the medical examiners are saying "no blunt force trauma."
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #503 on: February 06, 2021, 09:21:00 AM »
You mean it was fake news?
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #504 on: February 06, 2021, 10:33:38 AM »
News has gone rabid. It isn't news anymore and needs to be put down. Hell let's just call it what it is, propaganda. It's a narrative that drives a certain desired response. That's all.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #505 on: February 06, 2021, 12:28:24 PM »
Regarding one of the Capitol Police officers that died:

I have not followed this in detail, but surely an autopsy was done.  Have the results been released, or even with an autopsy they cannot determine a cause of death?

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #506 on: February 06, 2021, 02:27:20 PM »
I have not followed this in detail, but surely an autopsy was done.  Have the results been released, or even with an autopsy they cannot determine a cause of death?

The results are scheduled to be released on a Friday, probably when a big world or national story is breaking. It will not be reported he was the officer allegedly who died from the fire extinguisher.

The cop who got hit in the head with a fire extinguisher during the insurrection then died will live on in the collective memory for decades.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/02/politics/brian-sicknick-charges/index.html
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #507 on: February 07, 2021, 04:31:04 PM »
Now it's Antifa's turn:

https://www.theepochtimes.com/black-lives-matter-antifa-march-through-dc-chant-burn-it-down_3688149.html

I'm sure the .gov response will be very different.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #508 on: February 07, 2021, 04:58:43 PM »
Now it's Antifa's turn:

https://www.theepochtimes.com/black-lives-matter-antifa-march-through-dc-chant-burn-it-down_3688149.html

I'm sure the .gov response will be very different.

Is there a link to this story that doesn't require me to register with the suite before I'm allowed to read the content?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #509 on: February 07, 2021, 06:18:13 PM »
Is there a link to this story that doesn't require me to register with the suite before I'm allowed to read the content?

Look on the conservative sites I haven't seen this on MSM today.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #510 on: February 15, 2021, 04:04:15 PM »
https://www.zerohedge.com/political/new-york-times-retracts-sicknick-story

Looks like it is official, the New Yawk Times has quietly retracted their story LIES.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #511 on: February 15, 2021, 04:08:21 PM »
https://www.zerohedge.com/political/new-york-times-retracts-sicknick-story

Looks like it is official, the New Yawk Times has quietly retracted their story LIES.

Too late to make a difference of course. Just like on twitter when the fake story gets distributed 1,000,000,000 times but the retraction gets retweeted 147 times.

Also, this:

UPDATE: New information has emerged regarding the death of the Capitol Police officer Brian Sicknick that questions the initial cause of his death provided by officials close to the Capitol Police.

So the source was Pelosi, who was standing next to a capitol police officer?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #512 on: February 16, 2021, 05:00:38 PM »
Apparently the flex cuff (AKA zip tie) narrative has changed as well. It appears that while at least one person was photographed walking around with some, they didn't bring them along in some pre-planned plot to take politicians hostage. They were laying on a table in the building and one or more people grabbed them.

That was a dumb thing to do, but it was more like, "Hey look! Free stuff!" versus a long planned plot, which was part of the prosecution's argument in impeachment #2. One might ask what they were doing laying on a table out in the open in the Capitol building.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/02/16/the-narrative-that-rioters-brought-flex-cuffs-to-the-capitol-has-been-debunked-but-lives-on/

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #513 on: February 16, 2021, 05:04:35 PM »
Apparently the flex cuff (AKA zip tie) narrative has changed as well. It appears that while at least one person was photographed walking around with some, they didn't bring them along in some pre-planned plot to take politicians hostage. They were laying on a table in the building and one or more people grabbed them.

That was a dumb thing to do, but it was more like, "Hey look! Free stuff!" versus a long planned plot, which was part of the prosecution's argument in impeachment #2. One might ask what they were doing laying on a table out in the open in the Capitol building.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/02/16/the-narrative-that-rioters-brought-flex-cuffs-to-the-capitol-has-been-debunked-but-lives-on/

The narrative is settled
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #514 on: February 21, 2021, 11:03:23 AM »
Merrick Garland's statement:

"If confirmed, I will supervise the prosecution of white supremacists and others who stormed the Capitol on January 6 -- a heinous attack that sought to disrupt a cornerstone of our democracy: the peaceful transfer of power to a newly elected government," Garland's opening statement reads. "That critical work is but a part of the broad scope of the Department's responsibilities."

Biden introduced Garland as his nominee for the role of attorney general on Jan. 7, one day after pro-Trump rioters stormed the Capitol as lawmakers met to confirm the president’s election victory. In a press conference at the time, Biden presented Garland’s nomination as an essential step to restore the rule of law.

Garland will also discuss his "urgent" mission to uphold all Americans' civil rights after a summer of racial justice protests in the wake of the death of George Floyd.

"That mission remains urgent because we do not yet have equal justice," Garland's opening statement reads. 'Communities of color and other minorities still face discrimination in housing, education, employment, and the criminal justice system; and bear the brunt of the harm caused by pandemic, pollution, and climate change."

Doesn't seem like an unbiased, fair AG to me.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/garland-attorney-general-capitol-civil-rights

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #515 on: February 21, 2021, 11:10:44 AM »
Doesn't sound that much different than Republicans in power  :laugh:

It's just a matter of how fast you want the handbasket to reach the agreed upon destination. 

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #516 on: February 23, 2021, 12:09:11 PM »
Doesn't sound that much different than Republicans in power  :laugh:

It's just a matter of how fast you want the handbasket to reach the agreed upon destination.

this
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #517 on: March 03, 2021, 12:34:28 PM »
Capitol Police say they have intelligence showing a “possible plot” by a militia group to breach the U.S. Capitol on Thursday, nearly two months after a mob of supporters of then-President Donald Trump stormed the iconic building to try to stop Congress from certifying now-President Joe Biden's victory.

The threat appears to be connected to a far-right conspiracy theory, mainly promoted by supporters of QAnon, that Trump will rise again to power on March 4. That was the original presidential inauguration day until 1933, when it was moved to Jan. 20.

The revelation was detailed in a statement from the Capitol Police. It comes at the same time the acting police chief is testifying before a House subcommittee.

Police uncover ‘possible plot’ by militia to breach Capitol
https://www.wdrb.com/news/national/police-uncover-possible-plot-by-militia-to-breach-capitol/article_e55d7f5d-658d-5ad0-8c89-843cb58a2f03.html
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #518 on: March 03, 2021, 01:07:02 PM »
Uh-huh.  Sure.  Totally believable.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #519 on: March 03, 2021, 01:11:55 PM »
Just in time to help the push for some gun control bills
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #522 on: March 03, 2021, 06:19:21 PM »
Kind off hard to hold an armed insurrection without, ummm, arms.

My PD support group is mostly liberals.  Including a reporter from DC.  Unsurprisingly the topic has come up in our weekly zoom meetings.  They were talking about how they weren’t very good insurrectionists because as they “stormed” the capitol they were staying between the rope stanchions and were mostly pretty orderly.  Ummm, guys, do you think maybe that means they weren’t “insurrectionists” in the first place?

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #523 on: March 03, 2021, 09:04:01 PM »
I see that the lead story on the NBC evening news tonight is the Capitol is preparing for something to happen tomorrow, since this is apparently the Inauguration Day for Mr. Trump's return to power.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #524 on: March 03, 2021, 09:28:57 PM »
I see that the lead story on the NBC evening news tonight is the Capitol is preparing for something to happen tomorrow, since this is apparently the Inauguration Day for Mr. Trump's return to power.

On the conspiracy theory side, I have read two:

1) Talk about "an attack" is a great way for the gov and media to continue to sow the seeds of "white supremacy", keep the concertina wire up at the capitol, and keep pushing the "domestic terrorist" (right wing only) response stuff. Even if the planned attack was two drunk armchair warriors on the Internet.

2) Those qanon guys got talk of this rolling to troll the people in charge and get them to overreact to fake news of a "militia attack".

I don't like either one, especially with the guy pelosi put in charge of the 06JAN (I refuse to call it an insurrection) investigation. He seems like somebody who would love a police state, as long as it leaned left.

Certainly conspiracy or non-conspiracy, I hope nothing happens. No good would come of it.