Author Topic: It's getting sporty in Washington...  (Read 79245 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: It's getting sporty in Washington...
« Reply #525 on: March 03, 2021, 09:33:49 PM »
    House to wrap early, cancels Thursday session amid threat of violence at the Capitol by a militia grouphttps://t.co/EEqNqiwN1m

— The Virginian-Pilot (@virginianpilot) March 4, 2021
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/03/03/house-wraps-up-early-cancels-thursdays-session-after-threat-of-violence-from-militia-group/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #526 on: March 03, 2021, 09:54:11 PM »
And when only antifa shows up they will call them white supremacists.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #527 on: March 03, 2021, 11:46:02 PM »
Kind off hard to hold an armed insurrection without, ummm, arms.

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #528 on: March 03, 2021, 11:51:48 PM »
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/03/03/house-wraps-up-early-cancels-thursdays-session-after-threat-of-violence-from-militia-group/

So.......I am not advocating anything, but if someone were to make threats for the next year or two, could we get the House to cancel sessions for a while longer?  ...like a couple years?
House wraps up early, cancels Thursday’s session after threat of violence from militia group
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #529 on: March 04, 2021, 08:01:58 AM »
Well, now I'm leaning towards gaslighting and agenda pushing. I read this morning that they claim the "threat" came from the Three Percenters ("but we can't go into more detail because of security"), so fake news. That's not what the Three Percenters do.

If they wanted to make it sound more credible, they should have picked some wacko group, but I guess that thanks to the MSM, Three Percenters are more well known as a "militia".
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #530 on: March 04, 2021, 11:30:25 AM »
3 percent types are no first use of force in their bylaws. Zero details, sources, or arrests. If they actually had something there would be a Roger Stone arrest and show trial.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #531 on: March 04, 2021, 12:15:04 PM »
3 percent types are no first use of force in their bylaws. Zero details, sources, or arrests. If they actually had something there would be a Roger Stone arrest and show trial.

In the meantime:

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2021/03/04/infuriating-reporter-finds-us-doj-has-dismissed-dozens-of-felony-and-misdemeanor-charges-from-last-years-portland-rioting/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #533 on: March 04, 2021, 06:06:10 PM »
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #534 on: March 04, 2021, 06:15:55 PM »
Of course it was.  Everybody knew this ... except the MSM.

No, they knew it as well. They were lying, just as the rest of the Democrats were and are.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #535 on: March 04, 2021, 06:17:44 PM »
Will have zero effect on the narrative that our brave troops prevented an attack by the enemy 
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #536 on: March 04, 2021, 06:29:57 PM »
    …but there was talk of armed 'quick reaction force' waiting in Virginia to help Oath Keepers topple government if things got nasty. 2/5 https://t.co/P5dOrg3dX8

— Byron York (@ByronYork) March 4, 2021

Wait for it

Now, attorneys for one Oath Keepers defendant say 'quick reaction force' was indeed one person — 'in his late 60s, obese, and has cardio-pulmonary issues, a bad back, a bum knee, and is in need of a hip replacement.' 4/5 pic.twitter.com/oxt0P6ElvA

— Byron York (@ByronYork) March 4, 2021

:rofl:

Attorneys for Oath Keepers defendant say group’s ‘Quick Reaction Force’ in Virginia was one obese man in his late 60s
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/03/04/attorneys-for-oath-keepers-defendant-say-groups-quick-reaction-force-in-virginia-was-one-obese-man-in-his-late-60s/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #537 on: March 04, 2021, 06:46:15 PM »
Yet we all know this will still be used to push a continued militarized DC.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #538 on: March 05, 2021, 10:45:26 AM »
Funny how this little dance works. The MSM finds a new date for a new insurrection, and the gov wants the National Guard presence extended. They of course don't say that one is related to the other, but kind of a coinkidink that they keep happening, one followed by the other.

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2021/03/05/its-march-20-yeah-thats-it-qanon-theorists-get-it-so-wrong-on-march-4-insurrection-claim-its-still-happening-and-lol/

https://www.theepochtimes.com/capitol-police-asks-for-national-guard-troop-extension-to-march-12_3721450.html

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #539 on: March 05, 2021, 11:48:28 AM »
 :facepalm:  I'm getting to the point where I'm wishing for a REAL insurrection ...... [ar15]  :O =(
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #540 on: March 05, 2021, 04:12:02 PM »
:facepalm:  I'm getting to the point where I'm wishing for a REAL insurrection ...... [ar15]  :O =(

Don't worry, they are instigating as fast as they can.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #541 on: March 12, 2021, 04:04:01 PM »
Holy hell, at least 100 more arrests on the way. At the same time that at least triple that number have had their cases dismissed with prejudice over the antifa and blm riots.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/at-least-100-more-expected-to-be-charged-in-capitol-breach-investigation-doj_3731136.html

“While most of the cases have been brought against individual defendants, the government is also investigating conspiratorial activity that occurred prior to and on January 6, 2021,” the court documents said. “Some of the conspiratorial activity being investigated, such as the activity under investigation in this matter, involves a large number of participants.”

"Conspiratorial activity" sounds like a dangerous and undefined catch-all.

ETA: Also this:

They noted that more than 15,000 hours of surveillance and body-camera footage is being reviewed, 1,600 devices have been confiscated, “hundreds of searches of electronic communication providers” have been carried out by law enforcement, and more than 200,000 tips have been received so far.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #542 on: March 12, 2021, 04:32:22 PM »
Holy hell, at least 100 more arrests on the way. At the same time that at least triple that number have had their cases dismissed with prejudice over the antifa and blm riots.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/at-least-100-more-expected-to-be-charged-in-capitol-breach-investigation-doj_3731136.html

"Conspiratorial activity" sounds like a dangerous and undefined catch-all.

ETA: Also this:

Doesn't matter if the charges are getting dismissed, the message is still being delivered.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #543 on: March 12, 2021, 04:33:45 PM »
Doesn't matter if the charges are getting dismissed, the message is still being delivered.
You may have misread.  Those are antifa/blm riot charges that are being dismissed.

The message is loud and clear.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #544 on: March 12, 2021, 06:52:32 PM »
You may have misread.  Those are antifa/blm riot charges that are being dismissed.

Yes the Trump supporters are being held without bail until trial.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #545 on: March 12, 2021, 07:00:05 PM »
Yes the Trump supporters are being held without bail until trial.

I was unaware of that. These are the same people pushing elimination of bail and letting (certain) people loose on their own recognizance, no?

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #546 on: March 12, 2021, 07:35:37 PM »

Yup, I misread, but we seem to be pointing to the same thing so no worries.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #547 on: March 13, 2021, 04:27:16 PM »
a court filing on Friday by the U.S. asks for “a 60-day continuance” and for the court “to exclude the time within which the trial must commence under the Speedy Trial Act.”

Might as well ship them off to Gitmo.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/03/13/prosecutors-request-delay-in-cases-related-to-capitol-riot-likely-the-most-complex-investigation-ever-prosecuted-by-the-doj/

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #548 on: March 15, 2021, 04:03:57 PM »
Two men have been charged with assaulting fallen U.S. Capitol Police Officer Brian Sicknick on Jan. 6 after prosecutors say video evidence shows them dousing Sicknick and other law enforcement officers with a chemical spray outside the building.

He faces several felonies, including assault with a dangerous weapon, conspiracy to injure a law enforcement officer and obstruction of a federal proceeding. He faces up to 60 years in prison.

Up to 60 years in prison for using what appears to be bear spray, which antifa uses every night on anyone they don't like, in every city where they protest. I see video after video of them spraying people, yet none are arrested and certainly not charged with assault or carrying a dangerous weapon, and especially not faced with 60 years in the slammer.

The capitol riots were wrong, but the extremely uneven application of the legal system is even more wrong.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/capitol-police-officer-brian-sicknick-arrests-two-charged-assault-chemical-spray

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #549 on: March 15, 2021, 04:25:07 PM »
Up to 60 years in prison for using what appears to be bear spray, which antifa uses every night on anyone they don't like, in every city where they protest. I see video after video of them spraying people, yet none are arrested and certainly not charged with assault or carrying a dangerous weapon, and especially not faced with 60 years in the slammer.

The capitol riots were wrong, but the extremely uneven application of the legal system is even more wrong.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/capitol-police-officer-brian-sicknick-arrests-two-charged-assault-chemical-spray

I try hard to see both sides of an issue.  Things wouldn't be "an issue" if there weren't multiple perspectives.

I have a hard time seeing any balance with how the capitol hill riots are being treated vs the routine riots that have gripped major US cities for the past year.

It's quite clear that legal force being applied much more heavily to protesters/rioters of one particular political ideology vs another.