Author Topic: It's getting sporty in Washington...  (Read 79113 times)

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
Re: It's getting sporty in Washington...
« Reply #575 on: June 06, 2021, 03:49:59 PM »
If there were real damage, I would have assumed the usual MSM suspects would have had wall to wall video of it. Other than a few broken windows and doors and stuff, I saw nothing that was major damage.

Remember, these are the same people that pay $400 for hammers.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #576 on: June 06, 2021, 08:59:33 PM »
Remember, these are the same people that pay $400 for hammers.

That's what I coming here to say.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #577 on: June 07, 2021, 12:18:22 AM »
Let's say that tonight a gangster heroin dealer named Abdi Banikwee (born here, and his parents thought that was cool because someone told them it was from some country without sanitation) starts waving an AK around in a local stop'n'rob's parking lot. He announces that he's gonna go inside and kill everyone. If a local metro cop cancels his ticket, that metro cop will have his name, picture and address in the paper the next day, but on TV faster.

Most of midtown would be behind plywood again. Some of the stores near me still haven't taken it down - they got tired of jacking around with it. Some stuff would be on fire. There would be people from suburbia lost, and asking for directions.

We still don't know the name of the cufflink-wearing "officer" who executed Babbitt.
Blog under construction

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #578 on: June 23, 2021, 09:22:44 PM »
Here's the first person sentenced from the 06JAN "insurrection". She sure looks like she was doing at least 10X the destruction that the antifa rioters in Portland did.  ;/

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/06/23/first-capitol-riot-sentencing-grandmother-pleads-guilty-to-parading-in-a-capitol-building-is-fined-500/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #579 on: June 24, 2021, 10:13:37 AM »
It appears the above grandma, and several others with court-appointed attorneys are going through a little CHICOM style deprogramming. Wondering if being waterboarded will get them extra credit?

Note that this is not a right wing news source exaggerating things - this is a left wing news source saying it's a good thing. I also have to wonder how this particular attorney was assigned. Kind of a coincidence that a radically white apologist who thinks America sucks is "defending" these people.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/capitol-attack-defendants-history-lessons_n_60cba79be4b0a48ee253908e
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #580 on: June 24, 2021, 09:13:16 PM »
I couldn't read the entire article.  Blood pressure was going up, dinner trying to come up - had to leave that page.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #581 on: June 25, 2021, 08:43:19 AM »
I also have to wonder how this particular attorney was assigned. Kind of a coincidence that a radically white apologist who thinks America sucks is "defending" these people.

Apparently a LOT of DC attorneys are simply refusing to take on anyone arrested for the “insurrection”. 

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #582 on: June 25, 2021, 11:44:08 AM »
Apparently a LOT of DC attorneys are simply refusing to take on anyone arrested for the “insurrection”.

Because they don't want to become entangled in political persecutions and become targets themselves, or they are onboard with the current narrative.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #583 on: June 25, 2021, 11:55:59 AM »

Though in the linked article, they are talking about whatever version of public defender the fed.gov uses in DC. I know nothing about it, but always assumed public defenders were just assigned cases as they became available. It sounds like this lawyer got a very high proportion of 06JAN cases assigned to her, which if my previous assumption is correct, would be kinda fishy, given her politics.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #584 on: June 25, 2021, 01:19:13 PM »
Though in the linked article, they are talking about whatever version of public defender the fed.gov uses in DC. I know nothing about it, but always assumed public defenders were just assigned cases as they became available. It sounds like this lawyer got a very high proportion of 06JAN cases assigned to her, which if my previous assumption is correct, would be kinda fishy, given her politics.

Gee, kinda fishy?  These people are political prisoners in America.  The whole damn thing is corrupt and despotic.  Kinda fishy. 

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #585 on: June 25, 2021, 01:43:58 PM »
  The whole damn thing is corrupt and despotic.  Kinda fishy.

What in DC isn't?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #586 on: June 25, 2021, 07:27:11 PM »
FBI out there arresting people for standing in a hallway.

Way to go, guys.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #587 on: June 26, 2021, 02:51:35 AM »
What in DC isn't?

I got nothin'.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #588 on: June 26, 2021, 10:04:16 AM »
Further info on the grandma. She has apparently also lost her second amendment rights due to the misdemeanor "parading" charge. She had to sign a document admitting her "white guilt".

https://www.foxnews.com/media/indiana-grandmother-first-convicted-capitol-riot-ingraham

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #589 on: June 26, 2021, 11:43:10 AM »

I got nothin'.
I was about to mention some guy named K Frame, but thought better of it. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #590 on: June 29, 2021, 03:29:54 PM »
You know that guy who sat at Nancy Pelosi's desk? Turns out a news reporter talked him into sitting there for a photo. Now, it might not have been smart of him to take the reporter up on that, but it didn't warrant having him sit in jail with no bail for four months. This is what the government said about him and his actions to get a judge to keep him locked up:

At first glance, Barnett is charged with what sound like serious felonies. The government describes him as a “Tier One domestic terrorist” and “a ticking time bomb.”

His lawyer got him out of the pokey, and from the sound of things in the article, the constitutional reasoning to get him sprung should work for most of the others being illegally held without bail.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/attorney-for-man-made-infamous-by-january-6-photo-accuses-feds-of-multiple-constitutional-violations_3879683.html

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #591 on: June 29, 2021, 06:11:35 PM »

At first glance, Barnett is charged with what sound like serious felonies. The government describes him as a “Tier One domestic terrorist” and “a ticking time bomb

He was probably some well meaning dipshit, rightfully angry over the stolen election just blowing off steam.  I rather doubt months of unlawful confinement have improved his opinion of the .gov.

Self fulfilling prophesy .
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #592 on: June 29, 2021, 11:55:29 PM »
"You cannot legally buy a modern rifle."

"Okay I'm gonna go watch that Tom Selleck movie about Australia again..."
Blog under construction

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #593 on: July 02, 2021, 01:27:57 PM »
Wow, just wow

Tom Elliott
@tomselliott
Replying to @tomselliott
McCaskill: "We’re going to start a new family tradition in my family; on the Fourth of July and every Fourth of July going forward, we’re going to watch" video of the Capitol riot
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2021/07/02/claire-mccaskill-says-her-family-will-celebrate-every-july-4-by-watching-footage-of-capitol-riots-which-were-ackshually-worse-than-benghazi-video/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #594 on: July 07, 2021, 10:36:39 AM »
5 out of 5 facepalms
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

The Daily Beast
@thedailybeast
FBI: Investigators found fully assembled U.S. Capitol Lego toy at Jan. 6 riot leader’s home
According to court documents obtained by Smoking Gun, FBI investigators seized an array of firearms from his home—as well as what the court filings described as a “fully constructed U.S. Capitol Lego set.”

‘He had blueprints!!!!’: FBI says they discovered a ‘fully assembled U.S. Capitol Lego set’ at the home of alleged Jan. 6 rioter
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2021/07/07/he-had-blueprints-fbi-says-they-discovered-a-fully-assembled-u-s-capitol-lego-set-at-the-home-of-alleged-jan-6-rioter/

« Last Edit: July 11, 2021, 10:25:29 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #595 on: July 07, 2021, 12:45:53 PM »
Hans Gruber had a Lego Nakatomi Tower ...
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #596 on: July 07, 2021, 08:25:08 PM »
oh boy

FBI infiltrates group that wanted to test bombs, surveil Capitol, secede from US, court records show
https://www.wlky.com/article/fbi-infiltrates-group-that-wanted-to-test-bombs-surveil-capitol-secede-from-us-court-records-show/36948912
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #597 on: July 10, 2021, 09:43:43 PM »
It appears that there may finally be concrete evidence regarding the shooter that day:

Now a new name has surfaced in the Babbitt imbroglio—Lt. Michael L. Byrd—and while USCP Communications Director Eva Malecki won’t confirm he is the shooter, in this case she isn’t denying it.

In a little-noticed exchange, Byrd was cited by the acting House sergeant at arms during a brief discussion of the officer who shot Babbitt at a Feb. 25 House hearing. Both C-SPAN and CNN removed his name from transcripts, but CQ Transcripts—which, according to its website, provides “the complete word from Capitol Hill; exactly as it was spoken”—recorded the Capitol official, Timothy Blodgett, referring to the cop as “Officer Byrd.” His name is clearly audible in the videotape of the hearing (see video embed further below).

Byrd appears to match the description of the shooter, who video footage shows is an African American dressed that day in a business suit. Jewelry, including a beaded bracelet and lapel pin, also match up with photos of Byrd.

In addition, Byrd’s resume lines up with what is known about the experience and position of the officer involved in the shooting—a veteran USCP officer who holds the rank of lieutenant and is the commander of the House Chamber Section of the Capitol Police.

Following the shooting, Byrd’s Internet footprint was scrubbed, including his social media and personal photos.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/naming-the-capitol-police-officer-who-killed-unarmed-jan-6-rioter-ashli-babbitt_3892747.html

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #598 on: July 11, 2021, 10:25:39 AM »
Update. It was still in the box  I don't know whether to laugh or cry sometimes.

Julie Kelly 🇺🇸
@julie_kelly2
Update on man with legos. "In original detention memoranda, the undersigned stated that law enforcement found a 'fully constructed U.S. Capitol Lego set.' That statement appears to be inaccurate. The Lego set was in a box and not fully constructed at the time of the search." 🙄
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2021/07/11/womp-womp-evil-lego-man-with-evil-fully-constructed-u-s-capitol-lego-set-story-already-falling-apart-because-duh/
- Calvin and Hobbes

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #599 on: July 11, 2021, 11:03:48 AM »
Other than being a lie, I don’t know why that matters. In a box, fully assembled. Who cares?

I guess if it is assembled then he was using that highly accurate tool for training.
If it was disassembled it showed the ruin he wanted to make out of the capital.

Or something.