Author Topic: It's getting sporty in Washington...  (Read 79089 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: It's getting sporty in Washington...
« Reply #600 on: July 11, 2021, 03:38:05 PM »
The biggest thing to me with all this is the judge appears to be acting as a rubber stamp for the prosecutor.  No impartiality at all.

Not unexpected, but something to note.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #601 on: July 12, 2021, 05:42:18 PM »
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #602 on: July 14, 2021, 02:58:38 PM »
Entire family arrested. Note how they were caught:

Five members of a family were arrested on Tuesday for allegedly breaching the Capitol building through a broken window on Jan. 6 when the joint session of Congress was certifying the presidential election results.

Joshua Munn, 24, was arrested in Melrose, Wisconsin. He was released after an initial federal court appearance in Madison, Wisconsin.

His father, Tom Munn, 54, his mother, Dawn Munn, 55, and his sisters Kristi Munn, 29, and Kayli Munn, 18, were arrested in Borger, Texas. All were booked into the Randall County Jail pending their initial court appearances Wednesday, and jail records show no attorneys for them, Houston Chronicle reported.

Epoch Times Photo
A photo of the Munn family was posted on Facebook. A minor is blacked out and not charged in the case. (Screenshot of FBI criminal complaint via The Epoch Times)
On Jan. 9, the FBI received information from a tipster, a relative of Kristi Munn’s fiancé, that Kristi Munn entered the Capitol on Jan. 6. The FBI then investigated the case.

In the criminal complaint (pdf), the FBI claimed the five members of the Munn family “were unlawfully inside the U.S. Capitol on January 6, 2021.”

The complaint showed photos and remarks the family members posted on Facebook and Snapchat, along with screenshots from the security footage. Some remarks were private messages obtained through federal search warrants.

More at:

https://www.theepochtimes.com/five-family-members-arrested-for-jan-6-capitol-breach_3901208.html
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #603 on: July 14, 2021, 03:08:45 PM »
the FBI received information from a tipster, a relative of Kristi Munn’s fiancé,

That should make for some interesting holiday dinner conversation.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #604 on: July 14, 2021, 03:29:20 PM »
Some remarks were private messages obtained through federal search warrants.

I'd be willing to bet they had the messages before the warrants.
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #605 on: July 14, 2021, 06:24:17 PM »
I'd be willing to bet they had the messages before the warrants.

Parallel construction is SOP now.

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #606 on: July 15, 2021, 10:03:21 AM »
Parallel construction is SOP now.

I had never heard the term before. In case anyone is interested: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parallel_construction
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #607 on: July 15, 2021, 12:43:52 PM »
I had never heard the term before. In case anyone is interested: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parallel_construction

Thank you, I probably should have done that.  :P

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #608 on: July 15, 2021, 05:28:43 PM »
Hey, so given the new definition of insurrection, shouldn't this congresswoman, and everyone with her,  be charged with a felony instead of a misdemeanor, and also be locked up without bail until whenever?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/us-capitol-police-arrest-representative-beatty-during-protest-in-hart-senate-office-building
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #609 on: July 15, 2021, 06:58:15 PM »
Hey, so given the new definition of insurrection, shouldn't this congresswoman, and everyone with her,  be charged with a felony instead of a misdemeanor, and also be locked up without bail until whenever?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/us-capitol-police-arrest-representative-beatty-during-protest-in-hart-senate-office-building

Silly Ben.

When the Right does it, it's insurrection.

When the Left does it, it's mostly peaceful protest.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #610 on: July 19, 2021, 12:52:32 PM »
A Florida man who breached the U.S. Senate chamber carrying a Trump campaign flag was sentenced Monday to eight months behind bars, the first resolution for a felony case in the Capitol insurrection.

Paul Allard Hodgkins apologized and said he was ashamed of his actions on Jan 6. Speaking calmly from a prepared text, he described being caught up in the euphoria as he walked down Washington's most famous avenue, then followed a crowd of hundreds into the Capitol.

“If I had any idea that the protest ... would escalate (the way) it did ... I would never have ventured farther than the sidewalk of Pennsylvania Avenue,” Hodgkins told the judge. He added: “This was a foolish decision on my part.”

Capitol rioter who breached Senate gets 8 months for felony
https://www.wdrb.com/news/national/capitol-rioter-who-breached-senate-gets-8-months-for-felony/article_2f35db85-00c7-5461-86c4-bd667ed65424.html
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #611 on: July 19, 2021, 01:24:01 PM »
Frankly, the way they're reacting about a few thousand folks carrying flags, one has to wonder just how they'll act for a real insurrection.
Blog under construction

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #612 on: July 19, 2021, 01:26:58 PM »
The more I see about the people punished, their pre-trial treatment, the ridiculous stuff they are being charged with, and the ridiculous sentences they are getting, the more I'm thinking maybe 06JAN should have been a real and actual insurrection.

Paul Allard Hodgkins apologized and said he was ashamed of his actions on Jan 6. Speaking calmly from a prepared text,

This reads like one of those POW videos from Vietnam.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #613 on: July 19, 2021, 01:28:00 PM »
Frankly, the way they're reacting about a few thousand folks carrying flags, one has to wonder just how they'll act for a real insurrection.

They've pretty well tipped their hand on that issue. They've actually threatened using nukes so nothing would surprise me. Drone strikes on "insurgent strongholds" are not beyond the possible with these aholes.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #614 on: July 19, 2021, 01:33:59 PM »

They're obviously throwing the book at the people that were the most successful in breaching their defenses in an attempt to discourage others from trying the same.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #615 on: July 19, 2021, 02:03:06 PM »
They're obviously throwing the book at the people that were the most successful in breaching their defenses in an attempt to discourage others from trying the same.

Which means that next time it won’t be play acting.

If what that guy did is a felony, well, remember kids, after the first felony the rest are free.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #616 on: July 19, 2021, 02:10:10 PM »
I wonder - did they ever get all the bullet holes in the capitol walls patched? What about the wing that was burned down, and the holes in the roof from the mortar rounds? Are the hostage congresscritters still alive?
Blog under construction

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #617 on: July 19, 2021, 04:55:31 PM »
What about when it got bombed? Oh wait those weren't Trump supporters. And iirc Clinton pardoned one of them.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #618 on: July 19, 2021, 05:00:23 PM »
Main damage was Pelosi soiled her depends, which were probably already full anyway, and AOC wet her diapers
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #619 on: July 19, 2021, 05:18:25 PM »
According to the judge in the Hodgkins case holding a Trump flag undermines democracy because it “shows loyalty to a single individual over the nation”

The statements by the judge are outright terrifying IMHO.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #620 on: July 19, 2021, 05:19:22 PM »
The biggest thing to me with all this is the judge appears to be acting as a rubber stamp for the prosecutor.  No impartiality at all.

Not unexpected, but something to note.

He is definitely on the side of the prosecution. Disgusting.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #621 on: July 19, 2021, 05:21:02 PM »
According to the judge in the Hodgkins case holding a Trump flag undermines democracy because it “shows loyalty to a single individual over the nation”

The statements by the judge are outright terrifying IMHO.

- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #622 on: July 19, 2021, 07:40:55 PM »
The jackass judge:

One of the "worst episodes in American history"...

Well, this probably was the "worst episode in the Republican Party history"...

This is the only time in my life that I have ever seen Republicans start a riot.

Now, if we were talking about the worst episode in the history of the Democratic Party, it would be hard to choose between slavery, the Trail of Tears, the Civil War, the Japanese Internment, the Tulsa Race Massacre, the Rosewood Massacre.... etc etc.

;/

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #623 on: July 19, 2021, 09:57:12 PM »
Do any of you remember when the building got bombed? I think it was twice. Not by Trump supporters. IIRC Clinton pardoned one.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #624 on: July 19, 2021, 10:16:08 PM »
Do any of you remember when the building got bombed? I think it was twice. Not by Trump supporters. IIRC Clinton pardoned one.

1983  ......  ?     ???
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero