Author Topic: It's getting sporty in Washington...  (Read 80259 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: It's getting sporty in Washington...
« Reply #650 on: August 19, 2021, 03:01:10 PM »
He surrendered. Haven't seen anything yet on whether or not he actually had a bomb...or raped AOC.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #651 on: August 19, 2021, 03:14:06 PM »
    Just in: Domestic violent extremist who was threatening to detonate a bomb at the US Capitol appears to have surrendered himself to law enforcement and FBI — crawling out of his pickup truck on all fours.

— Hugo Lowell (@hugolowell) August 19, 2021
‘It’s on you, Joe’: This appears to be a livestream from the man sitting in his pickup truck near the U.S. Capitol (watch); UPDATED
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2021/08/19/its-on-you-joe-this-appears-to-be-a-livestream-from-the-man-sitting-in-his-pickup-truck-near-the-u-s-capitol-watch/

philip lewis
@Phil_Lewis_
·
2h
This appears to be the livestream of the man who is sitting in the pickup truck near the US Capitol
https://twitter.com/Phil_Lewis_/status/1428392832377708549?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #652 on: August 19, 2021, 04:20:11 PM »
A bit more on the guy in the pickup truck:

https://heavy.com/news/ray-roseberry/
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Pb

• friend
« Reply #653 on: August 20, 2021, 09:18:30 AM »
 [tinfoil]

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #654 on: August 22, 2021, 05:30:25 PM »
While driving thru Iowa yesterday I caught bits of a new story that a local man who had been arrested after the Jan 6 riot and released was going back to jail because he was caught listening to an anti-vax and anti-government podcast in his garage.  That's all the details I got.  WTF?  I have trouble imagining a more blatant 1st Amendment violation.  And how did he get caught?
"It's good, though..."

Pb

• friend
« Reply #655 on: August 22, 2021, 05:51:07 PM »
I have trouble imagining a more blatant 1st Amendment violation. 

Why in the world would that matter? :mad:

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #656 on: August 22, 2021, 06:27:48 PM »
While driving thru Iowa yesterday I caught bits of a new story that a local man who had been arrested after the Jan 6 riot and released was going back to jail because he was caught listening to an anti-vax and anti-government podcast in his garage.  That's all the details I got.  WTF?  I have trouble imagining a more blatant 1st Amendment violation.  And how did he get caught?

I read that one of the “defense” attorneys assigned to those folks was having them watch/read all kinds of leftist propaganda while they awaited trial or plea negotiations.  Wouldn’t surprise me one bit if the judges are imposing (probably with “defense” counsel approval/suggestion) that terms of release include not listening/viewing/reading anything that contradicts the official narrative.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #657 on: August 22, 2021, 06:48:06 PM »
I read that one of the “defense” attorneys assigned to those folks was having them watch/read all kinds of leftist propaganda while they awaited trial or plea negotiations.  Wouldn’t surprise me one bit if the judges are imposing (probably with “defense” counsel approval/suggestion) that terms of release include not listening/viewing/reading anything that contradicts the official narrative.

Yup. I posted a couple of articles about that some pages back. The defense attorney is basically having them sign "woke confessions", POW style. I would not be surprised if there is some punishment stipulation for violating their confession.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #658 on: August 22, 2021, 06:54:42 PM »
Yup. I posted a couple of articles about that some pages back. The defense attorney is basically having them sign "woke confessions", POW style. I would not be surprised if there is some punishment stipulation for violating their confession.

I'm not sure you can waive fundamental rights; if not those stipulations should not be enforceable.
"It's good, though..."

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #659 on: August 22, 2021, 07:24:44 PM »
I'm not sure you can waive fundamental rights; if not those stipulations should not be enforceable.

And certainly not when it is coerced with threats of legal persecution (not a misspelling).

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #660 on: August 22, 2021, 11:13:00 PM »

That assumes they have the means to hire a lawyer that will actually represent their best interests and protect their rights.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #661 on: August 23, 2021, 06:35:03 AM »
That assumes they have the means to hire a lawyer that will actually represent their best interests and protect their rights.
If not the means, then the ability.  Seems strange that many were able to find no one to defend them but that one guy. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #662 on: August 25, 2021, 07:28:20 PM »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #663 on: August 25, 2021, 09:03:41 PM »
The cop who shot Ashli is doing an interview with Lester Holt tomorrow night.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/08/25/officer-who-shot-and-killed-ashli-babbitt-to-reveal-his-identity-in-interview-with-lester-holt/
The cop who shot Ashli is doing an interview with Lester Holt tomorrow night.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/08/25/officer-who-shot-and-killed-ashli-babbitt-to-reveal-his-identity-in-interview-with-lester-holt/

It’s funny how this Hero of the Soviet Union who actually did shoot an unarmed, innocent woman doesn’t have to worry about his house getting mobbed, jail time, career ruination, and losing everything.

I’m sure he will be all tearful about the terrible situation the insurrection was just like the other Capitol police officers were and how much PTSD they have from a spicy walking tour.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #664 on: August 26, 2021, 09:35:40 PM »
While there are bigger things in the news today, he gave his interview. He said he saved countless lives.

An interesting side note is that he claimed he heard reports over the radio about stuff like a cop's fingers being blown off. Not to excuse him, but I wonder how much stuff was exaggerated over the police frequencies that maybe gave him the itchy trigger finger?

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/08/26/officer-who-shot-and-killed-ashli-babbitt-tells-lester-holt-he-saved-countless-lives/

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #665 on: August 26, 2021, 09:59:06 PM »
I would feel like a hero too if I shot an unarmed person in an indefensible position.

I'm not excusing her actions but they could have yanked her out of the window and cuffed her.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #666 on: August 26, 2021, 10:25:00 PM »
I would feel like a hero too if I shot an unarmed person in an indefensible position.

I'm not excusing her actions but they could have yanked her out of the window and cuffed her.

Who?  The cops in full battle rattle right behind her?  How could they possibly have assessed how much a threat she really was? 

/s

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #667 on: August 26, 2021, 10:35:28 PM »
I still find it both fascinating and disturbing that they, dems & MSM, still run with narrative that if a bunch of yahoos had taken over the capital building, a building!, that would somehow cause the downfall of the government.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #668 on: August 26, 2021, 10:38:38 PM »
I figure it's now okay if I shoot some sumbitch with a molotov... I'll save countless lives...
Blog under construction

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #669 on: August 27, 2021, 04:56:52 AM »
I figure it's now okay if I shoot some sumbitch with a molotov... I'll save countless lives...

But then you would be depriving urban youts (who were just starting to turn their lives around) of their lives and their right to peacefully speak out as rioting, arson, looting, and murder are the only voices they have.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #670 on: August 27, 2021, 06:36:05 AM »
The country is so far gone that they can go on TV and spout incoherent, illogical nonsense and nobody calls them on their BS.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #671 on: August 27, 2021, 07:37:37 AM »
Additionally, I read this:

"At that point is when I realized they’re here. The chants got louder. I couldn’t make out what they were saying, but it sounded like hundreds of people outside of that door," he said. 

Footage later depicted Byrd firing his weapon at Babbitt after she broke through a glass window. Byrd stated that he repeatedly yelled orders to step back that went ignored by the crowds. He further emphasized that the shot was a "last resort."

So what I read is that it was too loud for him to hear things, but he assumed his shouted orders would be heard. Also I see he had to say "racism".

And I still would like to hear something from the geared up cops on the other side of the glass that all seemed pretty calm, not even pointing their weapons at people or worrying much about being overrun.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/officer-ashli-babbitt-nbc-news-interview

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #672 on: August 27, 2021, 08:52:36 AM »
Have you seen the people that the kangaroo commission has subpoenaed?

Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #673 on: August 27, 2021, 09:32:00 AM »
Additionally, I read this:

So what I read is that it was too loud for him to hear things, but he assumed his shouted orders would be heard. Also I see he had to say "racism".

And I still would like to hear something from the geared up cops on the other side of the glass that all seemed pretty calm, not even pointing their weapons at people or worrying much about being overrun.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/officer-ashli-babbitt-nbc-news-interview
How was it a "last resort"?  She hadn't even made it through the door. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #674 on: August 27, 2021, 11:24:09 AM »
So what I read is that it was too loud for him to hear things, but he assumed his shouted orders would be heard.

I can't imagine what difference it would have made if his orders were heard.
The police lines outside didn't stop them, the pepper spray & flashbangs didn't stop them, the locked & barricaded doors didn't stop them.
Someone simply telling them to stop was clearly not going to stop them at that point.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.