Author Topic: It's getting sporty in Washington...  (Read 79099 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: It's getting sporty in Washington...
« Reply #675 on: August 27, 2021, 11:28:58 AM »
You left out the guy holding the door open for them didn't stop them
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #676 on: August 27, 2021, 11:35:52 AM »
I can't imagine what difference it would have made if his orders were heard.
The police lines outside didn't stop them, the pepper spray & flashbangs didn't stop them, the locked & barricaded doors didn't stop them.
Someone simply telling them to stop was clearly not going to stop them at that point.

Hard to say.  There are orders and there are orders. Sometimes extra punctuation helps.

https://youtu.be/sd2TrIQzp5g?t=32

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #677 on: August 27, 2021, 01:04:31 PM »
This situation exposes the hypocrisy of the left quite well.  When some black dude with a gun gets shot by the cops, he's a total innocent kid just turning his life around.  An unarmed white woman gets shot by a black cop, give him a medal, he's a hero!

"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #678 on: August 27, 2021, 02:23:07 PM »
I can't imagine what difference it would have made if his orders were heard.
The police lines outside didn't stop them, the pepper spray & flashbangs didn't stop them, the locked & barricaded doors didn't stop them.
Someone simply telling them to stop was clearly not going to stop them at that point.

My issue is that the cops behind her, who were specifically geared up for response, unlike the shooter, didn't seem to find a need to react in that fashion, and they were completely surrounded. He shot her while she was still standing in the window frame.

This is why I would really like to hear what that tac team has to say about things. Maybe it will be something that favors the shooter and his response, but their actions in the various videos seem to counter his response.

Also, perhaps if she had clearly heard him say he was going to shoot her, she would have stepped back off the window frame. Though to me, a justified shooting wouldn't have occurred until someone completely breached the window frame and was approaching him on his side. He had the Thermopylae advantage. 
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #679 on: August 27, 2021, 03:12:57 PM »

Also, perhaps if she had clearly heard him say he was going to shoot her, she would have stepped back off the window frame. Though to me, a justified shooting wouldn't have occurred until someone completely breached the window frame and was approaching him on his side. He had the Thermopylae advantage.

Perhaps not the best analogy for an argument that he wasn't in danger and shouldn't have attacked...

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #680 on: August 27, 2021, 03:40:09 PM »
perhaps if she had clearly heard him say he was going to shoot her, she would have stepped back off the window frame.
~10 seconds before she goes through the window the officer's gun is visible & ready and there is even a guy on Ashli's side of the doors yelling "gun!".
The signals were there, she just wasn't listening.

Though to me, a justified shooting wouldn't have occurred until someone completely breached the window frame and was approaching him on his side.
Would you honestly wait until they've broken all the way through the barricade and are coming at you?
If it was my office, I certainly wouldn't wait that long. (Thank goodness for castle doctrine)
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #681 on: August 27, 2021, 04:30:17 PM »
~10 seconds before she goes through the window the officer's gun is visible & ready and there is even a guy on Ashli's side of the doors yelling "gun!".
The signals were there, she just wasn't listening.
[img]https://i.imgur.com/xrAZMhC.png[Would you honestly wait until they've broken all the way through the barricade and are coming at you?
If it was my office, I certainly wouldn't wait that long. (Thank goodness for castle doctrine)

If the cop is claiming it was too loud for him to hear on his side of the window, why should she be able to hear? And again, there were a bunch of cops right there on her side of the window.

Depending on where you live, castle doctrine might not be your get out of jail free card if you shoot an unarmed woman, who had both hands visible.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #682 on: August 27, 2021, 05:08:26 PM »
I suppose this can be considered related

Woke Army Sergeant Has No Qualms About Shooting Her Fellow Americans
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/woke-army-sergeant-has-no-qualms-about-shooting-her-fellow-americans-if-ordered-to/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #683 on: August 27, 2021, 05:26:41 PM »
I suppose this can be considered related

Woke Army Sergeant Has No Qualms About Shooting Her Fellow Americans
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/woke-army-sergeant-has-no-qualms-about-shooting-her-fellow-americans-if-ordered-to/

Seems like that should be problematic for her, doing it in uniform and all. I might give her some benefit of the doubt as it looks like the video was clipped. If that's the entire video and it's in context though, I don't like her.

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #684 on: August 27, 2021, 06:05:59 PM »
If the cop is claiming it was too loud for him to hear on his side of the window, why should she be able to hear? And again, there were a bunch of cops right there on her side of the window.
Why would she need to hear anything to know she shouldn't be doing that? There was no one holding that last door open for them - they smashed out the glass and she started to climb through. Other people may have a valid defense of simply coming in later through an open door and staying within the ropes, but not her. Stupid games = stupid prizes.

Depending on where you live, castle doctrine might not be your get out of jail free card if you shoot an unarmed woman, who had both hands visible.
An unarmed woman at the front of a mob who just hopped the fence, entered a locked building, smashed the glass out of my office door and was crawling through to where I am hiding as a last resort? I think a decent lawyer could work with that.

You never answered how long would you wait to shoot, really not until they're all the way past the last barricade?

In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #685 on: August 27, 2021, 06:27:47 PM »
You never answered how long would you wait to shoot, really not until they're all the way past the last barricade?

They? You mean her. Yes, when she was through the opening, maybe, if she was a threat. She's pretty small though. I might have expected one of the tac guys standing 10' behind her to stop her.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #686 on: August 27, 2021, 06:56:37 PM »
But if she made it through the door she might have crowned herself queen and ended our constitutional republic!
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #687 on: August 27, 2021, 07:06:58 PM »
It’s one thing for a regular person to shoot someone trying to break into their home.  It’s another for a cop to do the same thing.  They’re trained on how to take down hostile individuals and to use a continuum of force.  I get an automatic assumption that it’s reasonable to assume ready intent on the part of a home invader.  A cop does not get that automatic assumption in the line of duty. 

Me Babbitt was out of control, and deserved to cool her jets in jail for a good long time.  Given how many cops were on HER side of the glass, if she was worthy of shooting why didn’t any of them even try to get into a good position to do so? 

The capitol police goon murdered that woman.  Had she been armed, made it through the window, especially with others, etc that’s different.  He should go down, at least as hard as Chauvin.  But because his victim was a Trumper, and white, he won’t.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #688 on: August 27, 2021, 09:18:25 PM »
Untrained bureaucrat. I bet he was appointed to that position.
Blog under construction

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #689 on: September 03, 2021, 08:17:00 AM »
Back to prison for accessing the Internet:

An Iowa man accused of participating in the breach of the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6 was jailed again after getting caught using the internet.

There was “clear and convincing evidence” that Douglas Jensen accessed the internet on a cell phone on Aug. 13 and watched video of a cyber symposium related to the 2020 presidential election on a phone days before that, U.S. District Judge Timothy Kelly wrote in a Sept. 2 order.

Kelly in July let Jensen go free from jail, pending trial, but with certain conditions. Because accessing the internet violated one of those conditions, Jensen is headed back to prison.

According to prosecutors, Jensen was found by an officer alone, in his garage, using an iPhone to stream news from Rumble, a video platform, 30 days after his release.

From the photo of him talking to cops, he sure looks like a violent offender to me.  ;/

Have any antifa people been sent to jail for watching internet videos of the squad? Just curious.

More at:

https://www.theepochtimes.com/accused-capitol-breacher-ordered-back-to-jail-after-getting-caught-using-the-internet_3979883.html

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #690 on: September 03, 2021, 09:11:34 AM »
Back to prison for accessing the Internet:

From the photo of him talking to cops, he sure looks like a violent offender to me.  ;/

Have any antifa people been sent to jail for watching internet videos of the squad? Just curious.

More at:

https://www.theepochtimes.com/accused-capitol-breacher-ordered-back-to-jail-after-getting-caught-using-the-internet_3979883.html

Jensen’s lawyer told the court in a motion for his release that the man had been “a victim of numerous conspiracy theories that were being fed to him over the internet by a number of very clever people” and that he had not intended to, nor did he, commit violence on Jan. 6.

Jensen did become caught up in the QAnon movement, which revolves around a number of theories, but recognized while sitting in a jail cell in Washington that “he bought into a pack of lies,” according to the motion. Jensen had a “wakeup call” in jail and was prepared to comply with conditions set by the court to go home, be with his family, and work, the lawyer added

Well gee that doesn’t sound like being held as a political prisoner at all
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #691 on: September 03, 2021, 06:59:15 PM »
Well gee that doesn’t sound like being held as a political prisoner at all

That is exactly what it is.  Made to recant his politics in order to be released from imprisonment

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #692 on: September 22, 2021, 09:25:00 PM »
A judge has ordered the feds to release footage of the "riots" that they were holding back with the claim that it would compromise Capitol security.

I can see why they were concerned. You wouldn't want these wild animals rampaging through your building. They all need to be locked up for 50 years:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1440776133675388931

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/09/22/judge-orders-federal-prosecutors-to-release-new-collection-of-capitol-surveillance-videos-from-january-6/

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #694 on: September 27, 2021, 11:08:52 AM »
FBI had at least one informant among the Jan. 6 protesters:

https://conservativebrief.com/jan-6-51811/?utm_source=CB&utm_medium=DJD

Gosh, good thing I was sitting down when I read that.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #695 on: September 27, 2021, 11:23:43 AM »

Well, a couple of hundred qualifies as "at least one."
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #696 on: September 27, 2021, 11:25:48 AM »

Thanks for the warning.  This is my shocked face ->
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #697 on: September 27, 2021, 08:33:57 PM »
It’s one thing for a regular person to shoot someone trying to break into their home.  It’s another for a cop to do the same thing.  They’re trained on how to take down hostile individuals and to use a continuum of force.  I get an automatic assumption that it’s reasonable to assume ready intent on the part of a home invader.  A cop does not get that automatic assumption in the line of duty. 

Me Babbitt was out of control, and deserved to cool her jets in jail for a good long time.  Given how many cops were on HER side of the glass, if she was worthy of shooting why didn’t any of them even try to get into a good position to do so? 

The capitol police goon murdered that woman.  Had she been armed, made it through the window, especially with others, etc that’s different.  He should go down, at least as hard as Chauvin.  But because his victim was a Trumper, and white, he won’t.
Most every case I have head of where someone fired through a door (civilians), the person on the other side was making credible threats of bodily harm or death.  Could this cop hear something like that from her?   Was he alone and likely to be overpowered like a lot of those civilian cases?  More than likely "no". 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #698 on: September 30, 2021, 11:32:20 AM »
Nothing bias about the wording at all

A House committee investigating the violent Jan. 6 Capitol insurrection has subpoenaed 11 officials who helped plan rallies in support of former President Donald Trump ahead of the attack, including the massive event on the day of the siege at which the president told his supporters to “fight like hell.”
The subpoenas also mention other events the group planned in the weeks between Trump’s November election defeat and the January attack
The House committee of nine lawmakers — seven Democrats and two Republicans — has ramped up its investigation in recent weeks as it attempts to dissect the origins of the insurrection by Trump’s supporters and find ways to prevent it from ever happening again. The Trump loyalists beat and injured police as they battled their way inside the building, destroyed property and sent lawmakers running for their lives. Repeating Trump’s lies about widespread election fraud, they interrupted the certification of President Joe Biden’s victory and left those in the U.S. Capitol deeply shaken.

AP = DNC

House panel subpoenas organizers of Jan. 6 Trump rally
https://www.wave3.com/2021/09/29/house-panel-subpoenas-organizers-jan-6-trump-rally/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #699 on: October 01, 2021, 09:13:34 PM »
Federal judge states the obvious.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/01/politics/capitol-riot-mcfadden/index.html

(CNN)A federal judge said Friday that he believes the Justice Department hasn't been "even-handed" with President Donald Trump supporters who stormed the US Capitol on January 6, suggesting that they've been treated more harshly than the rioters in last year's racial unrest.

"The US Attorney's Office would have more credibility if it was even-handed in its concern about riots and mobs in the city," District Judge Trevor McFadden said at a sentencing hearing for one of the Capitol rioters, citing year-old complaints from DC Mayor Muriel Bowser that the Justice Department was reluctant to charge rioters in the city after George Floyd's murder.

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama