Author Topic: It's getting sporty in Washington...  (Read 79098 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: It's getting sporty in Washington...
« Reply #700 on: October 13, 2021, 05:51:32 PM »
Furthering what Angel Eyes posted above:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/federal-judge-demands-doj-civil-rights-probe-jan-6-detainees-dc-jail

I don't know that anything will come of it, but it at least gives me hope that someone is doing at least a little something over what are blatantly unconstitutional actions by the DC Dept of Corrections. Though they really need to be investigating the Federal prosecutors as well.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #701 on: October 13, 2021, 07:21:57 PM »
Some more info coming out on the Ashli Babbitt shooting. A couple of other cops testified that they saw no weapons in her hands and also that they heard no verbal commands directed at her before she was shot.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/documents-ashli-babbitt-death-foia-capitol-police
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #702 on: October 13, 2021, 08:33:13 PM »
Some more info coming out on the Ashli Babbitt shooting. A couple of other cops testified that they saw no weapons in her hands and also that they heard no verbal commands directed at her before she was shot.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/documents-ashli-babbitt-death-foia-capitol-police

No no no,  the ahole that shot her was clearly saving lives.  He's said as much.  And he's black, so don't even think about criticizing his heroic defense of that office.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #703 on: October 13, 2021, 08:56:43 PM »
First I post about investigations into unconstitutional treatment of accused persons, now I have to post about a judge that is passing sentences more severe than prosecutors asked for:

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/10/13/people-cheer-on-federal-judge-sentencing-january-6-defendants-to-more-time-than-prosecutors-sought/

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #704 on: October 13, 2021, 09:36:24 PM »
First I post about investigations into unconstitutional treatment of accused persons, now I have to post about a judge that is passing sentences more severe than prosecutors asked for:

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/10/13/people-cheer-on-federal-judge-sentencing-january-6-defendants-to-more-time-than-prosecutors-sought/

Assuming we can ever get a Republican POTUS again, (s)he better issue a blanket pardon to all non-violent protesters convicted over Jan 6.

I’m fine letting buffalo horn dude, and the people breaking glass or stealing stuff retain their convictions.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #705 on: October 19, 2021, 04:34:36 PM »
Nikki Fried, who is running for governor in FL is revoking CCW licenses of 06JAN participants, who she calls "traitors". No mention is made on if these people were arrested, convicted, convicted of a misdemeanor or felony, or were just identified.

I don't know the details on FL CCW, but "guilty until proven innocent", using the kind of language she is using to describe them, might not work out for her. Either legally in her present position or in getting votes in the election.

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2021/10/19/terrifying-nikki-fried-bragging-about-denying-rights-of-floridians-she-deems-domestic-terrorists-and-traitors-backfires-in-a-big-way/

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #706 on: October 19, 2021, 06:18:57 PM »
Assuming we can ever get a Republican POTUS again, (s)he better issue a blanket pardon to all non-violent protesters convicted over Jan 6.

I’m fine letting buffalo horn dude, and the people breaking glass or stealing stuff retain their convictions.
I might agree with the second, but commuting the sentences would be appropriate at the least.  Nothing happened that day (done by protestors) that was worse than all the Antifa people who have been released with no charges all over the country.  I generally believe the lack of prosecution of some people should be a defense to prosecution of others. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #707 on: October 19, 2021, 06:47:34 PM »
Nikki Fried, who is running for governor in FL is revoking CCW licenses of 06JAN participants, who she calls "traitors". No mention is made on if these people were arrested, convicted, convicted of a misdemeanor or felony, or were just identified.

I don't know the details on FL CCW, but "guilty until proven innocent", using the kind of language she is using to describe them, might not work out for her. Either legally in her present position or in getting votes in the election.

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2021/10/19/terrifying-nikki-fried-bragging-about-denying-rights-of-floridians-she-deems-domestic-terrorists-and-traitors-backfires-in-a-big-way/

I feel we discussed this earlier in the thread.  She is suspending CCW's of people that have been charged with a felony, something that is specifically required under FL law. If they are acquitted she has to restore the permits.

Either way this is not her discretion, or something she can take credit for.  Section 790 uses the word "shall" in describing both the suspension and theoretical reinstatement.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #708 on: October 19, 2021, 06:53:41 PM »
I feel we discussed this earlier in the thread.  She is suspending CCW's of people that have been charged with a felony, something that is specifically required under FL law. If they are acquitted she has to restore the permits.

Either way this is not her discretion, or something she can take credit for.  Section 790 uses the word "shall" in describing both the suspension and theoretical reinstatement.

That's fine if that's the law, but given her position, she might not want to be throwing around "traitor" and other such labels for someone that might be proven innocent. It could come back to bite the FL taxpayers.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #709 on: October 19, 2021, 10:31:56 PM »
She still has to win to say crap about anything.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #710 on: October 20, 2021, 08:34:34 AM »
She still has to win to say crap about anything.

She is the current FL Agriculture Commissioner.  Her department oversees all FL CCWs.

That's fine if that's the law, but given her position, she might not want to be throwing around "traitor" and other such labels for someone that might be proven innocent. It could come back to bite the FL taxpayers.

True dat.  When she was running for Ag Commissioner she was a lot more middle of the road and not prone to hyperbolic outbursts.  She was clearly not a Trump fan, but not stupid crazy either.  The COVID craziness and her [apparent] burning hatred for DeSantis and the FL Dems pushing her as a candidate for higher office have caused some pretty dumb things to be uttered.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #711 on: October 20, 2021, 02:11:27 PM »
U.S. Marshals investigating whether those arrested for the Jan. 6 protests are being mistreated:

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2021/10/20/us-marshals-were-looking-to-see-if-the-january-6-defendants-are-being-deliberat-n2597629

Mistreated?  Gee, ya think?
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #713 on: October 25, 2021, 01:16:14 PM »
The day the FBI created an "insurrection".

https://www.revolver.news/2021/10/meet-ray-epps-the-fed-protected-provocateur-who-appears-to-have-led-the-very-first-1-6-attack-on-the-u-s-capitol/

I was reading about him elsewhere, but this article is very eye-opening. Entire families have been arrested and locked up for just standing around, and this guy is off the hook via FBI redactions. Don't tell me that's not fishy.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #714 on: October 25, 2021, 05:00:16 PM »
Now it's almost 10 dead  :facepalm: ;/

‘WTF does that mean?’ AOC reminds us that January 6 riots at the Capitol left ‘almost 10 dead,’ and people have questions
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2021/10/25/wtf-does-that-mean-aoc-reminds-us-that-january-6-riots-at-the-capitol-left-almost-10-dead-and-people-have-questions/

Bet it will be almost 20 by next week  ;/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #715 on: October 25, 2021, 05:09:32 PM »
Certainly a number of people who were there have since died, and just like with Covid you can claim that their death is connected to 6Jan in some way.

That would be a much larger number. She should go with that if she's going to round up.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #716 on: October 25, 2021, 07:13:25 PM »
Eventually, all of them will be dead.  Huge conspiracy. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #718 on: February 16, 2022, 03:15:53 PM »
Another arrest

Another Union Co. woman arrested in connection to Capitol riot
https://www.wave3.com/2022/02/16/another-union-co-woman-arrested-connection-capitol-riot/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #719 on: February 16, 2022, 05:17:23 PM »
And another one:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/15/politics/mcalanis-capitol-riot/index.html

"sentenced for the attack"

According to prosecutors, McAlanis spent four hours on Capitol grounds before entering the building itself and remaining inside for about 15 minutes, during which he posed for a picture in front of a statue of Abraham Lincoln, as well as at other locations. These photographs were later provided to law enforcement by some of McAlanis' friends who tipped off authorities on his involvement in the riot.

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #720 on: February 16, 2022, 06:45:26 PM »
....later provided to law enforcement by some of McAlanis' friends who tipped off authorities ....

He needs new friends.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #721 on: March 03, 2022, 01:38:08 PM »
A few good comments here including the Cheney family happily using this guy in the Gulf War, then imprisoning him for "seditious conspiracy".

Also the one about the Spanish Inquisition and people pleading guilty. Which is really apropos, IMO. I have read way to many reports now of people who have pleaded guilty with included statements of "how they see now how wrong their previous beliefs were".

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2022/03/03/heartless-ghoul-julie-kelly-drops-liz-cheney-for-all-but-bragging-about-oathkeeper-pleading-guilty-to-seditious-conspiracy-for-jan-6/

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #722 on: April 01, 2022, 04:43:26 PM »
(Bloomberg) -- An Alabama man was ordered to spend 46 months behind bars for bringing loaded guns, hundreds of rounds of ammunition and ingredients for Molotov cocktails to Washington on the day of the Jan. 6 insurrection.
Lonnie Coffman, 72, was sentenced Friday by U.S. District Judge Colleen Kollar-Kotelly. Coffman, a supporter of former President Donald Trump, pleaded guilty in November to federal and local firearms offenses.

The weapons were found in Coffman’s pickup truck, which he parked a half-mile from the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, to attend a rally at the National Mall, the Justice Department said. His truck also was stocked with large-capacity ammunition-feeding devices, a crossbow, machetes, camouflage smoke devices and a stun gun, the government said.

“Coffman also carried a loaded handgun and a loaded revolver as he walked around the area that day,” the DOJ said in a statement.

Guns, Machete and Ammo Get Jan. 6 Protester a 4-Year Prison Term
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/other/guns-machete-and-ammo-get-jan-6-protester-a-4-year-prison-term/ar-AAVLv5z?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=dc86caf47047467bad75d57c8b86cc78
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #723 on: April 01, 2022, 04:50:20 PM »
Guns, Machete and Ammo Get Jan. 6 Protester a 4-Year Prison Term
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/other/guns-machete-and-ammo-get-jan-6-protester-a-4-year-prison-term/ar-AAVLv5z?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=dc86caf47047467bad75d57c8b86cc78

Speaking as a supporter of the vast majority of the people who attended the 06JAN protest, unless there's more to the story, this sounds like a guy who gets to pay for being stupid.

I don't know if four years is fair or not, but you have to be an imbecile not to know the consequences of bringing that stuff to the belly of the beast. Park your freakin' truck in Virginia, and take the Metro to the Capitol, sans the gats.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #724 on: April 01, 2022, 06:07:17 PM »
Or the federal government could respect the Constitution and not imprison people for peacefully carrying a pistol in DC.

;/